National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2020-21 Championship - Round 9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 16:42
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

10-34.
 No idea what happened as the stream crashed

Series of penalties and a yellow card, Cov finally concede a try.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 16:45
Jersey 10 - 34 Coventry
0-5 points.
FT
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 16:50

Jersey 10 - 34 Coventry
0-5 points.
FT

Cov warming up nicely to take down Sarries next week đź‘€ Thumbs Up
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Capt Sparrow View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 16:56
Pirates 52 Hartpury 24 FT

Edited by Capt Sparrow - 15 May 2021 at 17:21
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 17:00
Full time- 
Richmond 17 Nottingham 34
Been a while in coming! Well played Richmond. 
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 17:07
Originally posted by Rob C Rob C wrote:

10-34.
 No idea what happened as the stream crashed
CSeries of penalties and a yellow card, Cov finally concede a try.
Cheers Rob. I saw the YC, so probably didn't  miss much. 
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 17:31
Richmond were poor 
Big gap between National 1 and Championship 
Nottingham were street wise having been at Champ level for a number of years 
4 catch and drive tries Richmond did not defend 

Edited by Scrumtime - 15 May 2021 at 17:32
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 17:41
Hats off to Cov - a real thrashing and thank goodness they went off the boil a bit (no points after 46 mins) or could have been a cricket score. Visitors superior in every dept, some real bite to both their attack and defence. Will Butt's 4T apparently tied a club record, and the Reds late score was a very small consolation. Very contrasting emotions to the previous home game...
Isithalftimeyet View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isithalftimeyet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 17:52
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Hats off to Cov - a real thrashing and thank goodness they went off the boil a bit (no points after 46 mins) or could have been a cricket score. Visitors superior in every dept, some real bite to both their attack and defence. Will Butt's 4T apparently tied a club record, and the Reds late score was a very small consolation. Very contrasting emotions to the previous home game...

Can't argue with that.  Excellent all round Coventry performance.  Jersey started well and looked strong but gave way too many penalties in the early part of the game and with strong wind against them it gave easy field position for Coventry who took full advantage.  The early second half score for Coventry took all the energy out of Jersey. Coventry defence was first class and the backs took their opportunities clinically.  Oh well, nest week...

Edited by Isithalftimeyet - 15 May 2021 at 18:19
Rob C View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 17:53

That's a very magnanimous appraisal.  It was one of those days when everything stuck for Cov and things just didn't gel for Jersey.  
Despite some tremendous handling in attack it was in defence where we really stepped up from previous games, particularly at the breakdown.
Now if we could just sort those lineouts...
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 17:57
Looking back at my predictions for this week and I feel quite chuffed. I said Ealing would win, but they wouldn't get 50 points. I was correct. I said Cornish Pirates would get 50 points but Hartpury could get 30. So 52-26 was as near as dammit. And I guessed Nottingham would get their First win. And they did.

Now normally I get these things totally wrong. Jersey to beat Coventry was an excellent example. What happened, Jersey? And well done, Coventry.

It is therefore entirely logical that my fifth prediction will also be totally wrong. I am therefore changing my fifth prediction to Saracens 0-5 Ampthill. Why not......
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 18:11
Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

Now normally I get these things totally wrong. Jersey to beat Coventry was an excellent example. What happened, Jersey? And well done

Did anyone get that right? Without checking back, I can't recall any.
Our City,
Our Club
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 18:18
Great first half by Pirates with six tries; an interception, penalty try from a scrum and 4 driving mauls from line outs. At least two other attacking line outs wasted with misdirected throws. Hartpury forwards seemed to lack heart.
Clearly the half time “talk” and some substitutions helped as Hartpury “won” the second half and got the bo us point with the last play after a succession of penalties. 
Pirates substitutions had the opposite effect as we became disjointed and lost the scrum dominance.
That’s this very odd season over at the Mennaye.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 18:51
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

Now normally I get these things totally wrong. Jersey to beat Coventry was an excellent example. What happened, Jersey? And well done

Did anyone get that right? Without checking back, I can't recall any.

Happy to do your legwork Kimbo, since you spanked us... Wink

13 people tipped Jersey, while no-one actually predicted a Cov win, although a couple raised eyebrows at the tide of predictions towards the home side...
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 19:15

Good summary mate if a club can't own up and say they were beaten by a much better side on the day they should take up wendyball. Cov's back row, lineout, half backs and three quarters turned up today, worked hard and got exactly what they deserved. Jersey really went backwards when the starting loose head went off injured but the midfield defence was totally exposed all afternoon by the back row's lack of a real open side flanker. What a huge pity this wasn't at BPA so that Cov fans could have seen it. Safe trip home lads.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 15 May 2021 at 19:16
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 19:29
Cheers Islander. I was pretty sure it was something to nil. I never predict, it's a rule of mine, but I was fairly confident of the win, although not of it being quite so emphatic.
I'm not going to predict next week's result vs Sarries, and no, I'm not in the slightest confident Wink
Our City,
Our Club
Westcoaster View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westcoaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 19:55
Jersey totally outplayed by the much better side today. Coventry's defence the best I've seen this season. In phase after phase of Jersey attacks in the second half , we went steadily backwards.ConfusedAnd never looked like being capable of breaking through Coventry's line .
Really concerned about how easy it was for Coventry to run in three tries down their right flank.  Jersey tackling practice required next week.Confused  And line out - we lost more on our own ball than I can remember for years. The ground was really quiet for much of the game when all we wanted was to see the Reds compete and turn up. Today has to be one of our poorest performances in the ChampionshipCry
Come on Jersey........
Bedfordian View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 20:41
Rolling mauls seem to be winning this weekend Question
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 20:52
Originally posted by Westcoaster Westcoaster wrote:

JToday has to be one of our poorest performances in the ChampionshipCry
No where near as bad as:
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 21:25
Originally posted by Bedfordian Bedfordian wrote:

Rolling mauls seem to be winning this weekend Question
Winning what?
Our City,
Our Club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic