National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Coventry v Saracens. May 22nd, KO 5:00pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coventry v Saracens. May 22nd, KO 5:00pm
    Posted: 13 May 2021 at 09:33
Coventry v Saracens. May 22nd, KO 5:00pm

Coventry Rugby Club has announced ticket details for this match. It will be limited advance tickets only, with social distancing, and will also be streamed.

Full information is available on the Coventry Rugby website. https://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2021/05/13/coventry-v-saracens-ticket-information/
dunc999 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 15:33
Crikey, not exactly a "We can't wait to have you back" announcement is it!
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 15:42
Originally posted by dunc999 dunc999 wrote:

Crikey, not exactly a "We can't wait to have you back" announcement is it!

Take a look at the statement from Jon Sharp for that. 
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 15:47
How much to stand? Blimey.

Anyhow I am sure the club is happy to have supporters back, and the supporters will be happy to be back.

Below was our announcement.

Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 19:05
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Anyhow I am sure the club is happy to have supporters back, and the supporters will be happy to be back.

Got to get your money in, so 1/2 the crowd limit means people have to pay twice as much???
RAID ON
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 21:54
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Got to get your money in, so 1/2 the crowd limit means people have to pay twice as much???

There aren't many, if any, ground-entry tickets available in the Championship costing below £15, so it's not twice as much. In the circumstances, I don't think £21 is horrific. I see Donny's equivalent price is £15, Jersey is £19 (or £12 for members), not sure about others...
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 22:25
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Ealing is £20.

There aren't many, if any, ground-entry tickets available in the Championship costing below £15, so it's not twice as much. In the circumstances, I don't think £21 is horrific. I see Donny's equivalent price is £15, Jersey is £19 (or £12 for members), not sure about others...
Rob C View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 07:22
33 more stewards, additional tables and chairs, extra toilets etc...
I guess there are three options - 1. Make further losses, on top of the £2,000,000 already accrued. 2. Don't don't open the gates. 3. Charge extra to cover the costs.
The latter sounds reasonable to me... Some will disagree and it's up to them to vote with their feet. I'm happy to pay a few quid more given the circumstances.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 07:39
We all need to support our clubs £20 is a bargain in my opinion.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 08:11
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

We all need to support our clubs £20 is a bargain in my opinion.
Agreed
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:49
No disputing any of the statements above regarding additional costs which we too are facing but factor in you can sit in our main stand for £20 - charging £21 to stand seemed a tad expensive. Maybe I have lived in the North too long, and my pockets have got deeper and my arms shorter.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 14:38

No disputing any of the statements above regarding additional costs which we too are facing but factor in you can sit in our main stand for £20 - charging £21 to stand seemed a tad expensive. Maybe I have lived in the North too long, and my pockets have got deeper and my arms shorter.

Probably all statements are correct.
RAID ON
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 16:17

Probably all statements are correct.

All Statements correct just ask his mate Brian

Edited by KnightsBoy - 14 May 2021 at 16:18
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 21:15
LOL
Whistle watcher View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whistle watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 08:28
Originally posted by Rob C Rob C wrote:

33 more stewards, additional tables and chairs, extra toilets etc...
I guess there are three options - 1. Make further losses, on top of the £2,000,000 already accrued. 2. Don't don't open the gates. 3. Charge extra to cover the costs.
The latter sounds reasonable to me... Some will disagree and it's up to them to vote with their feet. I'm happy to pay a few quid more given the circumstances.

We've paid to sit in a bubble of three, so £25 a ticket.  Big game and probably the last chance to see Saracens at Coventry, first game back.  Lots of positives as well as Rob's points, so I'm not unhappy as a one off.  We'll see what happens at pricing for next season.
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 13:05
You would have to pay me much more than £25 to watch the Cheats!
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 18:47
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

I'm sure they'll be gutted.
Our City,
Our Club
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 14:26
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

I'm sure they'll be gutted.

Unless they are fish I very much doubt it.
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 09:10
£18 Blues v Ampthill - Standing.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 09:24
£20 or £25 it is cracking entertainment  . . . . and cheap by any standards! Dont argue for a professional second tier if you are not willing to help pay for it!
Run with it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic