National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2020/21 Championship - Final Round Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2020/21 Championship - Final Round Predictions
    Posted: 25 May 2021 at 19:45
Saturday 29th May:
Bedford v Ampthill - 2pm
Richmond v Coventry - 2pm
Saracens v Hartpury - 2pm
Jersey v Cornish Pirates - 3pm
Doncaster v Nottingham - 4.30pm

Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 20:04
Predictions:
Bedford 5 - 0 Ampthill - Will be a great game but in front of fans at GR I think Bedford will finally produce an 80 minute performance and comfortably beat their local rivals. 
Richmond 1 - 5 Coventry - Even though Cov got a drubbing against Sarries they should still have enough quality to defeat Mond who have faded a bit in recent weeks. 
Saracens 5 - 0 Hartpury - This is just the fixture you would want when you have shipped 50 points at home... I don’t envy Hartpury this weekend, at all. This could be painful. 
Jersey 1 - 5 Cornish Pirates - Jersey have really struggled against the top 4/5 teams this season and I expect that to continue this weekend, Pirates have regained some momentum in the last couple of weeks. Reds will play better than they did against Coventry but don’t think it will be enough. 
Doncaster 5 - 0 Nottingham - I’M GOING TO THIS ONE!!!. I expect Donny to finish a great season on a high note. We need the BP win to guarantee third and I think we’ll get it. Nottingham will compete well but I think will be overpowered at the end. Donny by 6 tries to 3. 45-24 prediction. 

Edited by Donnyknightfan - 25 May 2021 at 20:05
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 20:28
Bedford 3-3 Ampthill. I have absolutely no idea how this one will go. All competitive games in the last 2 seasons have seen Ampthill triumph, but Bedford’s game will click eventually. So I will sit on the fence and predict a high scoring draw.
Richmond 0-5 Coventry. Richmond were a very ordinary side against Ampthill. An on the rebound Coventry will gradually ramp up a bonus point win.
Saracens 5-0 Hartpury. Good luck, Hartpury. The only plus I can see for the away side is if Saracens rack up a quick 50 points and then replace all their internationals.
Jersey 0-4 Cornish Pirates. Two solid sides but Pirates have enjoyed the better season.
Doncaster 4-1 Nottingham. Nottingham have improved all season but Doncaster have remained consistent and should deservedly secure 3rd spot.
B Cap View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Cap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 09:28

Bedford 2 v Ampthill 5 Amps roll on against under-achieving neighbours 
Richmond 0 v Coventry 5 Cov to bounce back after last week's drubbing
Saracens 5 v Hartpury 0 Pury will do well to keep it under 80
Jersey 2 v Cornish Pirates 5 Pirates to nick this in the sun 24- 28 
Doncaster 5 v Nottingham 0 Donny to round off great season in style
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 10:03

Bedford 2-5 Ampthill. Should be a real cracker but Amps to win by 6 tries to 5
Richmond 1-4 Coventry. Cov to win a tight match by a handful of points both sides scoring two tries.
Saracens 5-0 Hartpury Sarries to rest ALL their first choice players but still win by 5 tries to 2.
Jersey 5-2 Pirates. Hoping for a festival of rugby in the sun down south in St Peter with Jersey just edging it by virtue of converting one more try than Pirates (both teams scoring 5 tries) Is anyone coming over from Kernow?.
Doncaster 5-1 Nottingham. Donny to cap a wonderful season in front of a horde of fans with a bonus point win scoring 5 tries in all to Nottingham' s 4

Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 14:59

Bedford    5 - 2    Ampthill

Richmond   0 - 5    Coventry

Saracens   5 - 0    Hartpury

Jersey     5 - 2    Cornish Pirates

Doncaster  5 - 1    Nottingham 

One Club
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 15:34
Bedford 2-5 Ampthill - I hope that Bedford is allowed a decent number of spectators to watch what is sure to be an exciting match. I think it will go very loose by the second half, and will be a beautiful spectacle.
Richmond 0-5 Coventry. Cov have the perfect fixture to bounce back on. Richmond have been rotating a lot to give their second 15 game time this season as a community club should, but it hasn't led to the best outcomes week on week.
Saracens 5-0 Hartpury - Sarries likely to rest players to match Ealing. I still think that they get 9 tries to Hartpury's 1. Hartpury's defense was woeful vs. Ealing earlier in the year.
Jersey 3-3 Pirates - In honor of CC, I'm going to pick a 3-3 draw for the last match of the season in Jersey. I'll actually be in Cornwall, so sad it isn't in Penzance from that point of view.
Doncaster 5-1 Nottingham - Nottingham have really gelled in the last few weeks, but Donny have built a very tough side and will put on a display for the faithful.
dunc999 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 08:37
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Bedford 2-5 Ampthill - I hope that Bedford is allowed a decent number of spectators to watch what is sure to be an exciting match. I think it will go very loose by the second half, and will be a beautiful spectacle.

I think the last thing it will be is loose - at least if Ampthill have any sense.  All they need to do is watch the Notts match - keep it tight, plenty of scrum and kick to the corners and let Blues' inability to cope with the mauls and scrum do the rest.  
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:47
I thought Ampthills definition of loose was to let the inside centre run the crash ball instead of the back row forward. (-:

I always remember those matches as being fierce physical encounters. with the backs there to take advantage of the holes the battering opened up. On the other hand, we won some of them. But if we want to rekindle that rivalry, we will need to be promoted. I do not see them coming down for a while
Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 22:10
Bedford 2 Ampthill 5
Richmond 0 Coventry 5.
Saracens 5 Hartpury 0
Jersey 1 Cornish Pirates 4
Doncaster 5 Nottingham 0
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 22:28
Blues is a “sell out” at 1,500.
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 07:01
Bedford 1 Ampthill 4.
Richmond 0 Coventry 5.
Sarecens 5 Hartpury 0.
Jersey 1 Cornish Pirates 5.
Doncaster 5 Nottingham 0.
Cauliflower ear.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 08:37
Bedford 4 Ampthill 1.
Richmond 0 Coventry 5.
Sarecens 5 Hartpury 0.
Jersey 1 Cornish Pirates 4.
Doncaster 5 Nottingham 0
Bedfordian View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:30
Ampthill play loose, ha ha ha ha 
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:23
Apparently Saracens v Hartpury is off due to a Covid outbreak at Hartpury
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:07
https://www.saracens.com/match-postponed-saracens-men-v-hartpury-university-rfc/. I imagine that Sarries will get awarded the win there and they won’t have to replay the game. At least it doesn’t impact the table so much. 
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 13:04
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 08:19
Bedford 2 Ampthill 2.
Richmond 0 Coventry 5. But you never know. Twice Coventry have come down to the RAG and been surprised. So would I be currently.
Saracens v  Hartpury .Off
Jersey 4 Cornish Pirates 1. Jersey tricky at home.
Doncaster 2 Nottingham 2 Nottingham quite impressive now.
pappashanga
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 13:00
Wow, Pappshanga, that's brave. Two draws in 4 games.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 13:15
Few transport issues today: Cov Twitter reported them stuck in traffic en route to Richmond at 1.10pm; Pirates' plane was due to land in Jersey at 12.20 but just arrived 3/4 of an hour late...

Update: Richmond Twitter post that KO at the RAG back by 10mins to 2.10pm

Edited by islander - 29 May 2021 at 13:45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic