National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Topic ClosedChampionship 2021-2022 signings and departures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 09:52
From what i understand all the coaching team were on 2 year deals and the LSFC board had made a decision to not renew them....

The new partnership with Quins will also see some changes , with a change in club recruitment policy also. 

The club has alienated alot of supporters and now must work to get the fans and members back on side.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:14
Danny Drake from the Knights to North Harbour (NZ) 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 15:45
]From what i understand all the coaching team were on 2 year deals and the LSFC board had made a decision to not renew them....

The new partnership with Quins will also see some changes , with a change in club recruitment policy also. 

The club has alienated a lot of supporters and now must work to get the fans and members back on side.

Dropout I chatted to the Scottish players after the Jersey game and none have had  contracts renewed
Also Quins are "loaning"  academy players and any 1st team players that are free
The only exception is the 3 Quins academy players who played for us who will be given a choice

dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 15:54
Originally posted by Member728 Member728 wrote:

]From what i understand all the coaching team were on 2 year deals and the LSFC board had made a decision to not renew them....

The club has alienated a lot of supporters and now must work to get the fans and members back on side.

Dropout I chatted to the Scottish players after the Jersey game and none have had  contracts renewed
Also Quins are "loaning"  academy players and any 1st team players that are free
The only exception is the 3 Quins academy players who played for us who will be given a choice

Yes understand it's a policy of match fee's only. With the retirement of Ronnie McLean i can see Lennox being a key part of Richmond's plans at 12 if he's available. 
I'd imagine Scottish will go for a core contracted group of around 20. I wonder who will be managing on the touchline however. 
I think it was clear last season, not all D/Rs are helpful and useful at L2. A number of Quins//Irish D/Rs who ran out for LS were not at the level.

A number of core staff have left LS over the last few years so will be interesting to see who remains in yet another drastic change for the club. 
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 07:28
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 09:35
So London Scottish sell their soul
So many Christians not enough Lions
Moseley Mauler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 10:39
Originally posted by Rabbie Burns Rabbie Burns wrote:

So London Scottish sell their soul

Yep, the end of London Scottish as a rugby club as we have known them for so many years.
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 10:57
The club has gone through so many changes in the last 5 years. I doubt this is anything more then a short/term arrangement. 

A few clubs seem to be partnering with premiership clubs to various degrees at the moment.

Bedford & Saints
Nottingham & Tigers to name a couple.

corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 10:59
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Confirmation/ more detail on LS/Quins p'ship:

Two brilliant clubs with great supporters probably doing what makes financial sense - good luck to them both going forward I hope it works out well.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Pirate Pig View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 16:24
The Cornish Pirates have confirmed the re-signing of props Jack Andrew and Marlen Walker.
They have also announced their first new signing hooker Will Crane from fellow championship side Hartpury.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 16:31
Some significant retirement announcements from Richmond.
Run with it
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 16:41
Corporalcarrot . . I am afraid I could not disagree more .  . if your team becomes a proxy A league side for a Premiership club then you cease to be a "Club" in the true sense of the word. If Richmond can manage, and they are getting better, with 2 or 3 DR players then surely the same is true of LS with its proud proud history. If they have no budget for players then they should play at a level that they can afford.

Run with it
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 16:47
Originally posted by Runitback Runitback wrote:

If they have no budget for players then they should play at a level that they can afford.

As a supporter of a side that has gone pretty close to the wall in the past and ended up seeing out a season with the second XV (the first having decamped largely to Worcester, the rest is history...*) before taking the drop, I couldn't agree more with this bit. 

*the 'where were you when you were us' chant was amusing though

Edited by billesleyexile - 28 Apr 2022 at 16:50
keep the faith
Guinness John View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 16:57

Corporalcarrot . . I am afraid I could not disagree more .  . if your team becomes a proxy A league side for a Premiership club then you cease to be a "Club" in the true sense of the word. If Richmond can manage, and they are getting better, with 2 or 3 DR players then surely the same is true of LS with its proud proud history. If they have no budget for players then they should play at a level that they can afford.

I have the exact same feelings. Northampton Blues does not appeal to me.
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
Moseley Mauler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 17:05

Yup...
ExtraB View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 18:10
Gosh that sounds dire! The end of the Club?? I had no idea the club and their minis, juniors and Amateur teams, who won their way into the London leagues playing the likes of Ealing amateurs (fabulous games BTW) - are done and dusted.

My point being the “club” is far more than a pro and or semi-pro side playing in a forgotten league.

I welcome this partnership and look forward to seeing improvement in the Semi-Pro side of Scottish 

Car'n the Rams!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 19:16

Absolutely your right to disagree with me mate - that seems to be the primary purpose of a forum - but your rather gloomy assessment seems to have a big "if" in it and only time will tell if you are right or my possibly more hopeful view comes to pass. I hope it works out well for both clubs and they both have a bright future.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 19:27
If my club Caldy became Sale Sharks A team I would spend more time fishing and perhaps go and watch Birkenhead Park or Anselmians. Caldy has gone from level 7 or 8 20 years ago to level 2 by growing their own and being a ladder for other aspiring local players. I would prefer Caldy to be at level 7 with our own lads than level 2 as a Sale Sharks A team...... I would reckon that virtually all Caldy supporters feel the same. 
''The future isn't what it used to be''
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 20:15
Absolutely agree Big Eddie - all this "partnering up" is just dressing up what is actually going on but whilst many, not all, Championship clubs are happy to sign up - God knows why - then where does it all end? I think they need to decide whether they are a "proper" rugby club with their own identity and ambitions or just a Premiership nursery school with a different name

Edited by Thatbloke - 28 Apr 2022 at 20:18
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 22:41
Guy Thompson, Jersey Reds & former Richmond, Wasps, Leicester Tigers & Ealing Trailfinders, has announced he'll retire at the end of the season after 13 years as a pro. This comes a week after prop Roy Godfrey made a similar announcement after 5 seasons with the Reds...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic