National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Champ P-O final

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champ P-O final
    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 13:46
Confirmed:

dates - Sun 13 & 20 June
locations - Vallis Way 1st leg, StoneX 2nd leg
tv - Premier Sports 1st leg, BT 2nd leg

No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 14:17
4.30 kick off at the Ealing Trailfinders home leg
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 16:17
Tickets for the Ealing leg selling very fast - I happened to be out when the e-mail came, and by the time I got back to my computer I'd say that about 75% of seats were gone.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 08:20
Shame there is no online version, where i would’ve bought both games. I can watch BT Sport in my phone but won’t get PremierSport for 1 match. 
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 08:27
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Tickets for the Ealing leg selling very fast - I happened to be out when the e-mail came, and by the time I got back to my computer I'd say that about 75% of seats were gone.
Closer to 90% now - get in quick!
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:53
How come Sarries get second leg home advantage when they finished second?
OLDALIKADOO10 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLDALIKADOO10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:55
Ealing wanted the first leg and home and Saracens the second leg at home. 
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:56
Originally posted by OLDALIKADOO10 OLDALIKADOO10 wrote:

Ealing wanted the first leg and home and Saracens the second leg at home. 

Why?
OLDALIKADOO10 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLDALIKADOO10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 11:01
The logic is that for Ealing to have the best chance over 2 legs is to get ahead of Saracens in the first leg hence why the home 1st leg. You don’t want to be chasing Saracens. 
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:41
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Shame there is no online version, where i would’ve bought both games. I can watch BT Sport in my phone but won’t get PremierSport for 1 match. 

Not sure whether I'll go for it, but the T&Cs for Premier seem to suggest that you can sign up for £10.99 (similar price to this season's streamings) per month and cancel once you've watched the game as long as you do so 5 days before your next monthly payment is due to go out. Whether it's as straightforward as that in practice, I don't know...
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 18:06
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

<div id="ypm-extension" ="ypm-extension">

Not sure whether I'll go for it, but the T&Cs for Premier seem to suggest that you can sign up for £10.99 (similar price to this season's streamings) per month and cancel once you've watched the game as long as you do so 5 days before your next monthly payment is due to go out. Whether it's as straightforward as that in practice, I don't know...

From experience it is a lot easier to sign up than cancel.
RAID ON
Paul 13 View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul 13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 19:57
I use Prem Sports on a monthly basis and haven't had a problem picking and choosing months of Pro14 which I can put up with or not.

Quality of the coverage is way below that of regular rugby broadcasters.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 13:21
Officials announced:

Referee: Wayne Barnes
Assistant referees: Paul Dix & Jamie Leahy
TMO: Stuart Terheege

Good to see that we get the 'A' team as it were.
Monkey Magic View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 18:57
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Officials announced:

Referee: Wayne Barnes
Assistant referees: Paul Dix & Jamie Leahy
TMO: Stuart Terheege

Good to see that we get the 'A' team as it were.

Jamie Leahy- the Stuart Atwell of Rugby Union. I didn't realise he was allowed to officiate beyond the Yorkshire boundary Shocked
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 19:14
Note to Ealing fans: Jamie George hates being called Prince Jamie according to his interview on rugby union weekly.
Jerorky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerorky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 20:42
If that's meant to incite cricket/soccer style orangesging- retract it.

gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 21:59
Originally posted by Jerorky Jerorky wrote:

If that's meant to incite cricket/soccer style orangesging- retract it.

I honestly don't know what you mean due to the fruit filter. But if you are suggesting that a British and Irish Lion, should be concerned about a bit of ribbing, I guess you'll have to cross me off your Christmas card list. The way that the Saracens try to bully referees, clap, holler and act out, the crowd needs to do all that it can to balance the scales (leaving out any cloudberry/discriminatory abuse, which is of course abhorrent).
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 07:38
I haven't listened to it yet, but the RU Weekly podcast referred to is at https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09kvl35
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:28
I doubt whether anyone on Sarries or Ealings squads will be bothered by any crowd banter at VW there are usually enough proper rugby supporters who regularly attend matches at Ealing to ensure that it stays within reasonable bounds. What the game doesn't need imo is players sledging and winding each other up to try and get someone sent off. Barnes is a great choice in charge and in I hope both sides respect his decisions and we see a couple of cracking competitive matches.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 16:02
Nothing wrong with a bit of harmless banter. It's part of watching the game. As long as its not vulgar abuse, I'm all for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic