National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

RFU "recovery" plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:50
Originally posted by Count Ford Count Ford wrote:

Also why are they blocking relegation from the championship and stifling the opportunity for teams in the National League. 

There is no "block", all that has now to be agreed is the size of the Championship from 22/23. Will it be 12 0r 14 teams? It does create uncertainty for National 1 Clubs but below that teams were looking to move up anyway with the expansion of National League Rugby from3 x 16 to 4 x 14.

The RFU sate: "As the Premiership expands in size, this is likely to result in a greater number of National One clubs being promoted at the end of season 21/22, which will also lessen the impact of relegation as a result of the introduction of the Future Competitions Structure." 

Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:50
A survey of 500 rugby fans?  I am sure it was very scientific.  A report of total contrived BS.  As Gerg intimates, worthy of George Orwell’s novels.
Count Ford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:27
The Championship will still be a pathway for players, coaches and match officials but club aspirations don’t have to be interlinked; players can progress to their potential without the specific need for their club to be promoted

So why then must the premiership clubs be protected at all costs? Also why are they blocking relegation from the championship and stifling the opportunity for teams in the National League. 

As someone that watches Level 7 rugby..it shouldn't really concern me...but when the RFU is more interested in the business concerns of a few 'elite' clubs over sporting integrity then they have truly lost their way 
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:14
Nice - I love how they call a ringfence a recovery plan. That is masterful. Also, they spin that the current funding levels being retained is a good thing. Beautiful. An excellent piece from the Ministry of Truth.
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:13
Pirates will not have new Stadium in Truro built in time to meet criteria. Another lost opportunity missed by Cornwall.
dunc999 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 11:23
AKA Hanging the Championship out to dry

I guess the clubs new this was coming hence Ealing's recruitment drive to secure the last place in the promised land.

I just really hope someone can step up to the plate to mount a realistic challenge to them next season, Pirates maybe, but I can't really see it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic