National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

CBD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CBD
    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 09:44
Could CBD become 'like protein shakes' in rugby?

'It'll become like a protein shake'

The shallow depth of research has left clubs and unions in Europe wary of recommending CBD as a supplement. But with strong anecdotal evidence of positive effects encouraging more use, some players believe it will become the norm.

"Boys take protein, creatine, all kinds of stuff to help them and I think because CBD is from cannabis everyone links it to the drug that's illegal," British and Irish Lions and Scotland fly-half Finn Russell, who has invested in a CBD brand founded by his former Glasgow team-mates Adam Ashe and Grayson Hart, tells BBC Scotland.

"The more people start using it, then clubs will become more aware of it and start doing their tests and it will be a matter of time until it becomes like a protein shake or something like that."

Former Scotland and Saracens lock Jim Hamilton believes, over time, there will be a "culture shift" towards CBD.

"It needs more people to start seeing good side effects, more papers and reports being written about it. America are five years in front of us when it comes to this," he told BBC Scotland.

"It's about evolution going forward and trying things that are safe to enhance my life, my family's life. And being able to move the game forward and the way we take supplements and medicine in future."

Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 09:50
I'd rather we didn't involve weed in rugby.
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 14:47
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Big difference between the two uses from the plant.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 15:14
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Big difference between the two uses from the plant.
Save your breath (as it were).
Our City,
Our Club
Penda View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 21:37
My God is this becoming the norm? Ex professional players need to live on painkillers just to cope with normal life? What's more other players see it as a money making opportunity. The professional game has some serious questions to answer.  Probably in court. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic