National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Top 4 Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isleonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 15:38
1. Knights
2. Trailfinders
3. Pirates
4. Reds
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 05:53
Havent had time to write my own yer, but here are Rugby World's thoughts.

castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 13:01
An interesting read gerg - it is not a million miles off what most on here are predicting / guessing.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
dunc999 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 16:12
Hard to predict bar the tier 1 and 2 IMO
Ealing

Quite a big gap

Donny
CP
Cov

Then who knows.  I think Ampthill may struggle to replace Grimoldby's points and territory kicking so may not quite as competitive as before, but they do have a great coaching team.  As for Blues if they can cut out the penalties and improve the scrum, should do well.  I go with Bluesman's view on McCarthy though - he was part of the problem last year!

Lets go 
Jersey
Blues
Hartpury
Ampthill
Richmond
Notts
Scottish

Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 18:08
All very unpredictable, apart from Ealing being nailed on favourites. For the rest of us, Ealing will face a cup-final when they come to our clubs - but I think they'll be too strong over the season. My guess is Donny will finish second.
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 23:42
Time to get that (usually wrong) crystal ball out again!.

1. Ealing 
2. Doncaster 
3. Jersey
4. Bedford 
5. Cornish Pirates 
6. Coventry 
7. Ampthill
8. Hartpury 
9. Nottingham 
10. London Scottish 
11. Richmond 

Ealing to take the title but it won’t be an easy ride and I can see Donny staying close until the last 4/5 games. Expect Jersey and Bedford to massively improve from last season having both made some good signings in the summer. Watch out for the Bedford backs in particular, they’ll run in loads of tries. Pirates and Cov will complete the top six. I think the bottom 3 could be quite a way behind the rest. I’ve gone for Richmond to finish last but it could be anyone from 9-11. LS are an unknown quantity with missing last season so it could take them a few games to get going. 

Edited by Donnyknightfan - 07 Sep 2021 at 23:43
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 20:32
Okay - stealing a few minutes away from work...

1. Ealing - A few big losses (Murphy, Thompson, Millar-Mills) leave me wondering about the pack. Much depends on just how good their South African recruitment really was. Looked strong against Gloucester.
2. Doncaster - Good recruitment, though Bomber gone. Hope to get up to Castle Park.
3. Pirates - Will S4c or Cross Rail get done first? Doesn't matter, going to the Mennaye is tough, and home form will power Pirates to a top 3 finish.
4. Jersey - Jersey or Cov is a toss up for me. I'll go with Jersey because I visited there.
5. Coventry - And Cov because I haven't.
6. Bedford - I think that the big home crowds will lift them this year, and a fair number of nice signings - especially of returning players.
7. Ampthill - A few key contributors off, but they will be on the upper end of the part-timers.
8. Hartpury - Gloucester A will get enough loanees to survive. Tuvs helps too.
9. Richmond - They treated last year like an extended pre-season. No team with Mark Bright will be last.
10. London Scottish - Who knows?
11.  Nottingham - seem to be part time and mostly made up of uni-kids.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 20:44
Don't under estimate Nottingham, especially with their partnership to Leicester.
Run with it
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 07:31
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Okay - stealing a few minutes away from work...

1. Ealing - A few big losses (Murphy, Thompson, Millar-Mills) leave me wondering about the pack. Much depends on just how good their South African recruitment really was. Looked strong against Gloucester.
2. Doncaster - Good recruitment, though Bomber gone. Hope to get up to Castle Park.
3. Pirates - Will S4c or Cross Rail get done first? Doesn't matter, going to the Mennaye is tough, and home form will power Pirates to a top 3 finish.
4. Jersey - Jersey or Cov is a toss up for me. I'll go with Jersey because I visited there.
5. Coventry - And Cov because I haven't.
6. Bedford - I think that the big home crowds will lift them this year, and a fair number of nice signings - especially of returning players.
7. Ampthill - A few key contributors off, but they will be on the upper end of the part-timers.
8. Hartpury - Gloucester A will get enough loanees to survive. Tuvs helps too.
9. Richmond - They treated last year like an extended pre-season. No team with Mark Bright will be last.
10. London Scottish - Who knows?
11.  Nottingham - seem to be part time and mostly made up of uni-kids.

5. Coventry - And Cov because I haven't. (I would recommend you do go visit - great stand, great pub just up the road - I will be there on the 18th hopefully watching the Knights get their first away win of the season).
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic