National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

LSE1 Week Two Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 21:24
SCRUMTIME 
Oooooh You warned me😂
I suggest you read my question again 
Thunderbird View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 21:31
I have had that. It is not very pleasant. All the hard skin came off my hands and the soles of my feet.
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 21:35
THUNDERBIRD
Not with you on that one? but you're  obviously doing it wrong 
Thunderbird View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 21:38
LOLLOL Glad I didn't add the effect it had on my throat.
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 01:30
Regarding both CS Stags and Tring you have to start by referring to Regulation 13.6.11 (b)

“If the Organising Committee considers that a Club has unjustifiably failed to fulfil its obligations, it shall have regard to Appendix 3 of this Regulation and may deduct League points from that Club and/or order the match to be replayed (provided it has regard to promotion and relegation issues in any relevant League, including the effect on other Clubs, and to the commitments of the Clubs concerned). In ‘Home and Away’ leagues when the first fixture is defaulted by the ‘away’ team the return fixture shall be reversed and take place at the ground of the non-offending Club. For the avoidance of doubt, lack of players or insufficient front row players with Effective Registration whether through injury, illness or because of work or other commitments shall not be deemed to be a justifiable reason for not playing or seeking a postponement of a League Match.”
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 01:31
Originally posted by Lord_Kitchener Lord_Kitchener wrote:

Regarding both CS Stags and Tring you have to start by referring to Regulation 13.6.11 (b)

“If the Organising Committee considers that a Club has unjustifiably failed to fulfil its obligations, it shall have regard to Appendix 3 of this Regulation and may deduct League points from that Club and/or order the match to be replayed (provided it has regard to promotion and relegation issues in any relevant League, including the effect on other Clubs, and to the commitments of the Clubs concerned). In ‘Home and Away’ leagues when the first fixture is defaulted by the ‘away’ team the return fixture shall be reversed and take place at the ground of the non-offending Club. For the avoidance of doubt, lack of players or insufficient front row players with Effective Registration whether through injury, illness or because of work or other commitments shall not be deemed to be a justifiable reason for not playing or seeking a postponement of a League Match.”

Both Tring and CS Stags have been deducted 5 league points too.
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 01:42
Brighton 5 - 1 Havant
North Walsham 1 - 4 Hertford
Sevenoaks 0 - 5 Westcombe Park
Tunbridge Wells 4 - 0 Sidcup
Wimbledon 5 - 0 Maidenhead

Sutton & Epsom 5 - (-5) CS Stags
Dorking 5 - (-5) Tring

Edited by Lord_Kitchener - 11 Sep 2021 at 01:44
Kentish Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentish Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 08:26
Hi 
    Does that mean that both CS and Tring will have to reverse their fixtures to still play away at Sutton and Dorking later this season rather than at home  both Sutton and Dorking  have taken quite a financial toll i would expect with cancelled lunches attendance etc ?
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 08:46
Originally posted by Kentish Man Kentish Man wrote:

Hi 
    Does that mean that both CS and Tring will have to reverse their fixtures to still play away at Sutton and Dorking later this season rather than at home  both Sutton and Dorking  have taken quite a financial toll i would expect with cancelled lunches attendance etc ?

Correct
Welshie View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 09:18
Brighton 1-5 Havant
North Walsham 5-1 Hertford
Sevenoaks 0-5 Westcombe Park
Tunbridge Wells 5-1 Sidcup
Wimbledon 5-1 Maidenhead
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:57
FWIW. Would the outcome have been different if the withdrawal had been for Covid positive tests? I sympathise with Tring as Hand, Foot and Mouth is very contagious (my son had it a few seasons ago) and its very painful and debilitating. More to the point it could have spread to Wimbledon players last week. Can anyone from Tring enlighten us a bit more as to their optimism for future games. Appaarently it is contagious for 10-12 days.
Fortunately Dorking,s lunch will still go ahead as our 2,s and 3,s have home fixtures.Thumbs Up 
Fezantplucker
Ancient Oak View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ancient Oak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:22
My leaving this to the 11th hour makes it rather a pointless exercise in the light of events. I would have given Dorking and Sutton and Epsom the win anyway so here are my predictions for what they are worth

Brighton  1 Havant  5
Dorking  5 Tring    0
N Walsham 1 Hertford 4
Sevenoaks  4  W Park  0
Sutton & Epsom 5 CS Stags 0
T Wells 4 Sidcup 0
Wimbledon 4 Maidenhead 1

Just for the record Oaks did score 2 quite decent tries against Hertford!
"Heaven prosper our sport"
SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:42
I do sympathise with Tring, although it appears that other Tring teams are playing today. This season is going to be very different from all others. Covid is a challenge. Player availability is also a challenge. It seems that there is no relegation this season. Would/could Tring have fielded a weakened team and avoided a 5 point deduction if relegation had been in place? The integrity of this league is now in doubt, if teams as early as week 2 can just decide not to appear.
Thunderpants View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thunderpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:53
Just for the record, there are no Tring teams playing today,the 3rds played last night,but currently have no  contact with the 1s sqaud during training.
It really was from the 22....
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 13:06
Originally posted by FEZ ANT PLUCKER FEZ ANT PLUCKER wrote:

FWIW. Would the outcome have been different if the withdrawal had been for Covid positive tests? I sympathise with Tring as Hand, Foot and Mouth is very contagious (my son had it a few seasons ago) and its very painful and debilitating. More to the point it could have spread to Wimbledon players last week. Can anyone from Tring enlighten us a bit more as to their optimism for future games. Appaarently it is contagious for 10-12 days.
Fortunately Dorking,s lunch will still go ahead as our 2,s and 3,s have home fixtures.Thumbs Up 

It seems that under Regulation 22.5-6, it grants the LSE RFU discretion on what to do.

5. Non-Fulfilment of Matches: In the event that a match has been postponed, cancelled or abandoned due to Covid-19 related reasons, the relevant provisions within the applicable regulations will apply save that in addition to such provisions, the Organising Committee/Tournament Organiser must be provided with a signed Covid-19 Declaration and such other information, documentation and reports as the Organising Committee/Tournament Organiser may request in order to determine if any sanction is applicable. 

6. All Covid-19 related postponements, cancellations, rearrangements, abandonments and non-fulfilled fixtures will be referred to the relevant Organising Committee who will have the power to determine the consequences of such including (without limitation) whether the match should proceed, be reversed, rearranged, replayed or cancelled. In addition, the Organising Committee will have the power, in its absolute Effective as of 1 August 2021 discretion, to determine the further consequences of such non-fulfilment including (without limitation) allocation of points in respect of that match, which club(s) will be permitted to progress to the next stage of any relevant competition, the power to award costs or apply such other sanction as the Organising Committee considers appropriate. 

Due diligence would suggest that the LSE RFU would request and require evidence of a positive test to discourage any club from trying to use this as an excuse. Personally I do hope Tring appeal that deduction because clearly that regulation 13.6 was written to discourage clubs crying off because a prop had the sniffles, not for an outbreak of a known contagious disease.

Edited by Robb - 11 Sep 2021 at 13:09
SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 13:11
Fair enough. Hope all the boys at Tring get better soon.
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 14:34
As we only have 5 games this weekend there will be no bonus for getting them all correct

Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 20:58
Any confirmation on the Tring situation?
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 21:25
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Any confirmation on the Tring situation?

Dorking 5
Tring -5
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 21:29
Brighton 15 - 17 Havant
Dorking HWO Tring
North Walsham 14 - 17 Hertford
Sevenoaks 18 - 7 Westcombe Park
Sutton & Epsom HWO CS Stags 1863
Tunbridge Wells 27 - 36 Sidcup
Wimbledon 29 - 7 Maidenhead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic