National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

LSE1 Week Two Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 08:06
Hi Ancientoak.

I didn't mean to be rude about 7oaks. The view from the balcony was that we gave away 2 quite soft tries by gifting up possession and forgetting how to tackle.

It could of course have been influenced by lunch.  Smile
Ancient Oak View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ancient Oak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 13:12
No problems, Carlos. Felt I couldnt quite let it go unchallenged. We love your club and the welcome we get there and look forward to your return visit to The Paddock when I will try to seek you out and buy you a pint.
My mood has improved considerably after chalking up a W against our local rivals Combe!
"Heaven prosper our sport"
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 17:06
Originally posted by Lord_Kitchener Lord_Kitchener wrote:

Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Any confirmation on the Tring situation?

Dorking 5
Tring -5

I know that. I meant on the foot and mouth thing. Is it confirmed that that was the reason why it got cancelled? 
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 19:44

Dorking 5
Tring -5

I know that. I meant on the foot and mouth thing. Is it confirmed that that was the reason why it got cancelled? 

Yes.

To add, there is a process to follow. The League Sec followed this and  the guidance as per the regulations.
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 19:17

Dorking 5
Tring -5

Yes.

To add, there is a process to follow. The League Sec followed this and  the guidance as per the regulations.

Tring have appealed.
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 09:16
Originally posted by Ancient Oak Ancient Oak wrote:

My mood has improved considerably after chalking up a W against our local rivals Combe!

Am I correct in saying your starting XV was a lot different from the previous game v Hertford ?
And just in case you ask...................I agree we were well beaten despite the small winning margin. LOL

The older I get, the better I was.
Kentishman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 19:07
Westcombe Ranger Saturday must have been a sad day for you as a club member? It certainly was for me (as a former member) to see a group of 18 players, all of whom on good money, perform like that. Please tell us how RL can justify his huge salary and the players their fees? There was no structure, no game plan and when I spoke to one of the coaches he said as much regarding training. I'm pleased to have moved my allegiance to a club who do things for the good of the whole community and not just for the ego of a few!  
Ancient Oak View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ancient Oak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:48
Sorry Westcombe Park Ranger - bit slow off the mark!
The answer to your question is yes there were 5 changes from our starting XV v Hertford. Its mentioned in our match report. I believe they were largely due to some unavailability/injuries the previous week. Would we have got closer to Hertford? We'll never know. C'est la vie and we move on hoping that CS have sorted their front row problems.
"Heaven prosper our sport"
Anonymous View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 14:00
See you Saturday Ancientoak!
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 10:28
Originally posted by Kentishman Kentishman wrote:

Westcombe Ranger Saturday must have been a sad day for you as a club member? It certainly was for me (as a former member) to see a group of 18 players, all of whom on good money, perform like that. Please tell us how RL can justify his huge salary and the players their fees? There was no structure, no game plan and when I spoke to one of the coaches he said as much regarding training. I'm pleased to have moved my allegiance to a club who do things for the good of the whole community and not just for the ego of a few!  
Send me a PM with your proper name and e-mail address and I shall gladly respond. 

The older I get, the better I was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic