National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N2S Live Scores

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N2S Live Scores
    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 15:47
HT Dings 7-30 Esher BP
Latest Worthing 22-7 BSE
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 16:30
Dings 12-42 Esher
Worthing 29-21 BSE
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 16:45
FT Dings 19-45 Esher 0-5
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 16:56
FT Worthing 29-21 BSE
Barum man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barum man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 17:28
FT Barum 35-17 Westcliff
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 19:50
We hosted BSE today and i thought they looked a very strong side.......from an initial impression, top 6 at worst.
They had a good set piece....were quick and aggressive at the breakdown.  The backs were also impressive.....great exit strategy under pressure with both 10 and 15 having great distance kicking from hand.  right wing Stanway inpressive as ever and the 12 a very impressive ball carrier.
This was a game which on another day, they might have won.  personally.....the 5-0 result seems a bit harsh.
The game was effectively lost in the first quarter when the very young Raiders backs cut them to bits....pretty stuff.....lovely to watch.  then hung on for 50mins Ouch 

it will be interesting stuff at Merton Lane next week.....first away game and a tough one against the City side.  heady heights for now Tongue 
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 19:54
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

We hosted BSE today and i thought they looked a very strong side.......from an initial impression, top 6 at worst.
They had a good set piece....were quick and aggressive at the breakdown.  The backs were also impressive.....great exit strategy under pressure with both 10 and 15 having great distance kicking from hand.  right wing Stanway inpressive as ever and the 12 a very impressive ball carrier.
This was a game which on another day, they might have won.  personally.....the 5-0 result seems a bit harsh.
The game was effectively lost in the first quarter when the very young Raiders backs cut them to bits....pretty stuff.....lovely to watch.  then hung on for 50mins Ouch 

it will be interesting stuff at Merton Lane next week.....first away game and a tough one against the City side.  heady heights for now Tongue 

Let’s hope Quins don’t want some of them back
You saw what nearly happened to Clifton today when Bristol had a
Under 21s game
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 20:28
hi scrumtime......am not sure what point you are trying to make.  For Clifton......scoring 5pts away at Lions is an outstanding result imo.  if it was achieved without any of their Bristol DR's it is even better....and would suggest to me that they will perhaps, be pushing Choppers hard for the title.

You also seem to infer that Raiders would be nothing without their Quins DR's.  it is no doubt true that we would be a lesser side....and squad particularly.....without them.  
that said.....most of our team had a good day today and in my subjective opinion.....5 players were outstanding.......with just one Quin in that count.  We have a great deal of home grown talent.....which i am quite proud about......i thought messrs Sims, Forrest, Lee and my MoM, Jack Forrest, were outstanding, plus the Quins lad Jibulu......who was strangely subbed at HT.

Don't know how many at the Rugby Park today....but looked 800 minimum....we all had a great day. you should come visit sometime.  which club do you support ?  
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 21:49
Interesting views! I was at Worthing today (and last night) meeting old friends! I would agree Worthing’s outside backs were very quick, much too quick fir BSE who were sluggish. Neither starting hooker could throw straight and Worthing helped BSE back into the game by giving away penalties. By my standards neither pack was big, Worthing were more athletic but struggled in the scrum. BSE offered little after some good work in the centres early on. They got more traction by running forwards at the weak Worthing midfield defence but lacked the pace to exploit it.

The attendance was great! I thought 1,000+ from when I walked all the way round. Friday’s Dinner was a great celebration if the food was sphazelnut and slow. Lunch today was good and it was really emotional to be reunited with my Colts team from 1983-5!
wyntngley View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyntngley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 21:50
Which Clifton players do you think are not 100% registered to the club? I think it’s zero. 
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 21:23
Originally posted by wyntngley wyntngley wrote:

Which Clifton players do you think are not 100% registered to the club? I think it’s zero. 

It has been widely reported that Clifton have a number of Bristol DR players in their squad - no problem there if it is true.

I would expect any DR to be 100% registered to Clifton - otherwise they will be in trouble.

I'm unsure if you are saying no DRs in week 2 squad or that you have none at all - either way I do not see it as a problem, most other sides have DRs including the Raiders after several years without.

It should be remembered that at N2 level, DRs are normally very young players who gain a lot from playing at a good level at an early age.
RAID ON
Blutarsky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blutarsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 22:39
The Clifton program from their game against Barnstaple had asterisks against 7 players in the squad of 20 marking them out as academy players. 
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 06:40
Originally posted by wyntngley wyntngley wrote:

Nobody is saying they are not registered to the club.

Tyke View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 11:42
I keep seeing mention of 7 DR players in a squad of 20. Extract from Regulation 13.4.4 (d)

Level 4 and below: four players from another Club of which no more than three shall be Loan Players and the others (up to the maximum of four) must be England Academy Players under the age of 24 as at 1 September 2020. After the Transfer Deadline, only those England Academy Players who have already played or been selected as a replacement or substitute in a League or Cup Match for the Club’s first XV prior to the Transfer Deadline will be permitted to be selected in a League or Cup Match for the Club’s first XV, unless otherwise approved by the RFU Head of Academies.

That is the same as it has always been for Level 4 and the relevant page in the regulations states "Effective from 1 August 2021".
If only Webb-Ellis hadn't given them the ball back!
Pilier View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:34
Hey Blutarsky an Old Reds Supporter who I am working with at the moment has just shown me a programme from the Clifton v Barnstaple match. None of the players have asterisks against their names. Clifton must have had a team erasing them the night before ha ha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic