National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Prem Highlights show on C5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prem Highlights show on C5
    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 16:37
Very disappointed to see chat on Twitter that the weekly Monday night Premiership highlights show is not in the schedule for Monday - the show's entire future is uncertain according to presenters Mark Durden-Smith and David Flatman, both of whom have been active on Twitter discussing the issue. A shorter highlights show will apparently be made available free-of-charge via the Prem website, and there seem to be some moves to have live action available (at a cost) in the future.

Personally I'm very disappointed by this. Altho' I have access to BT Sport, and might watch 1 or 2 games over a weekend, it's great to have a one-stop shop with all the main action and reaction, and the frontmen make a good double-act. I think it's important for rugby to have some form of terrestrial TV window rather than being 100% behind a paywall.

I hope this very bad decision will be reviewed and maybe the show will get a reprieve (either via C5 or another channel), and also that some of the national rugby writers will start to ask questions about it.

Here's the Prem rugby version of events, which make it sound like a brilliant new step for everyone. Not sure about that, I can smell spin... 
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 20:43
Oh blast
I too have watched two games over the weekend and was looking forward to recording the highlights tomorrow.
I think BT do a highlight programme, I shall have to record that instead.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 22:36
That’s bad news, it’s my preferred way of watching Premiership matches. Flats’ opinions are very well argued and the bits of comedy work well. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic