National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Rd 2 scores Sat Sept 25th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 21:28
I should add that I've thoroughly enjoyed mixing with Cov fans, particularly when they came over to Jersey en masse for final game of 18/19 season, their first back at this level. Even tho' they spanked us...

Meanwhile, I note that Bedford won try of the week for their opening effort by Pat Tapley last Saturday. Rightly so IMHO. If anyone's in doubt about the danger posed by Blues back three, and the risks inherent in kicking the ball to them so they have space to operate in, they should check it out...

Edited by islander - 28 Sep 2021 at 21:29
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 07:51
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by Bedfordian Bedfordian wrote:

Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Jersey Reds opening try from Dan Barnes v Bedford Blues - YouTube

Is that the only non-rolling maul try you can find? Wink
The other Jersey tries (Maul & Open play):

Just watched the Blues version https://youtu.be/EYxZndKQd5k as hadn’t seen yours.

Jersey’s 1st was good but must’ve tired themselves out. Wink

Wonder if Jersey 4 will be in trouble for his unnecessary use of the foot 1m 41 on Blues 6.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:07
Yes I spotted the unnecessary "stamp" . .. common in the old days but not acceptable now, despite it not causing any injury, I hope there is a citing.
Run with it
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 14:38
Perhaps he was trying to shake his foot / leg loose from the person holding onto his leg trying to collapse the maul and in shaking it loose a stamp inadvertently occurred (1m 36-1m 40). I say "perhaps" as I am not convinced by that either but......
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
hophog View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hophog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 02:59
I thought I'd throw my sixpence in here, for what it's worth. I've been to a number of Amp-Cov games and the Cov fans have been great (regardless of the result) - knowledgeable, passionate and vocal, exactly what you want! We're always sure of a good atmosphere when Cov come to visit. A couple of disgruntled posters on their forum shouldn't detract from what is a great club. 

Edited by hophog - 30 Sep 2021 at 03:00
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 14:18
Originally posted by Rob C Rob C wrote:

Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

I have just read some of the comments posted on the Coventry supporters unofficial forum and was surprised by some of the disrespectful things said about Ampthill, such as being described as a “jumped up shower”, and criticising Paul Turner’s coaching abilities. In my opinion, Coventry are a solid Championship side. They have an excellent squad, good support, and I expect them to be near the top of the league come next spring. It’s just a shame that some of their supporters appear to be sore losers.

Indeed. There seem to be a number posters there regularly intent on portraying themselves in a very poor light. 

'Number' of posters - or just one or two who post regularly?

I think the overall viewpoint from Cov fans was that they were poor for much of the game against what was a limited but effective game plan from Ampthill.  More frustration at their own team than critical of Ampthill. 

Some people, though, should perhaps leave it a day or two before posting their reactions...

Yes you are probably right Rob. Just a small number of unpleasant posters doing their club no good. Pity some of the others don't make that point to them.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 19:36
All clubs have unpleasant posters to some degree (you only need to scan these boards to confirm that).
I wouldn't let it spoil your day though.
Our City,
Our Club
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:48
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

All clubs have unpleasant posters to some degree (you only need to scan these boards to confirm that).
Great post mate. I first visited BPA when Jersey were in National 1 and remember being heckled by a small group of home fans who clearly resented their team being beaten by a side they considered inferior to their club. They were a tiny minority and the vast majority of Coventry supporters I met that day and since considered showing proper hospitality to visiting teams and supporters an essential part of the game. I have been lucky enough over the years to play and visit countless other clubs and have had similar experience virtually everywhere - even when visiting Guernsey or the South Stand at Kingston Park. Like Kimbo I NEVER let the minority bad experience spoil my day but its a bit sad that almost a decade since my first visit to BPA this minority rubbish is still a part of the game and perhaps its time for clubs to encourage supporters to report offenders to stewards at the grounds or have them barred from Forums. 
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 16:44
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

I wouldn't for one moment let it spoil my day which is why I never suggested it would.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic