National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2021-22 Championship - Week 3 Games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 22:40
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Just looked up Brandon Nansen who’s on a short term loan from Saints and he should add some more weight to the Blues pack at 121kg and 6’6”

Not sure he’s a lineout operator though, which sounds like what we needed last week. The sooner Onojaife back the better. No hooker on the bench and losing Heffernan who by all accounts had a great game last week is a big blow too. I fear for the set piece
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 07:54

If I were Pirates or any other Championship club I would just stream and then if challenged by the RFU 

I’d say well the RFU are not providing the minimum standards to promote the league and obtain sponsorship etc.  It is failing its duty.  If the RFU have time to stop clubs from self-promoting it will look very poor in the public eye and a PR disaster.
I understand the motivation behind this but rather than follow a confrontational course it may be better to understand the issue. It may be that streaming may not meet the RFU standards because the home team do not have the necessary lights or internet streaming capacity and for good commercial reasons are unwilling to invest large sums of money to upgrade. Due to family COVID issues I am grounded and unable to travel to away matches and would happily pay double the normal entrance fee to watch even below par streamed matches but most supporters seem unwilling to pay a £10 a match. I suspect the core of this issue is money - clubs are probably unwilling or unable to upgrade infrastructure and many supporters generally want someone else to pay for their viewing enjoyment. The RFU's inability to communicate the reasons for their decisions probably compounds the matter.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 08:29
As long as the supporter who is paying to watch knows that it may be difficult at times to watch. It’s no different to going to another sporting or theatrical event which has restricted viewing. The price is reduced for quality of viewing.

The RFU should be encouraging any type of viewing, we are in a digital age. If Pirates of any other club think they can run it as a loss leader to make profits later or even at a profit straightaway then let them. The RFU policy seems to be to stop innovation.

The belief is the championship is too small to attract a sponsor so if it is too small for this then it is too small (or not big enough) to damage any reputation.

I know I would pay for away games as we can’t all give up most of the day to go to the matches and with the current petrol issues getting to and back from Cornwall would be a nightmare for most.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:04
Bedford 2 - 5 Doncaster  - Should be a great game . . .  could go either way . .Knights to shade it
Nottingham 1 - 4 Hartpury  - Should really say home advantage but Hartpury looking good.
L Scottish 1 - 4 Ampthill -Again another away win . . . .!!!
Coventry 5 - 0 Richmond - Cov too strong on fast surface
C Pirates 0 - 5 Ealing - Ealing to pull away in second half
Run with it
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 13:04

COVENTRY RUGBY TEAM TO PLAY AMPTHILL 

Championship Rugby Round 3 

Butts Park Arena 

Saturday, October 2nd, 2021

Kick off 3:00pm

15 Tom Emery, 14 Tom Howe; 13 Rob Knox; 12 Tom Griffiths; 11 Rob Stevenson; 10 Tony Fenner; 09 Josh Barton; 01Toby Trinder, 02 Suva Ma’asi, 03 Joe Jones, 04 Nile Dacres, 05 Jonathan Kpoku, 06 Adam Peters, 07 Josh Bainbridge, 08 Ryan Burrows (C). 

16 Joe Richardson, 17 Ryan Bower, 18 Phil Boulton, 19 Rhys Thomas, 20 Fred Betteridge, 21 Joe Snow, 22 Evan Mitchell, 23 Connor Doherty.

Edited by OldNick - 01 Oct 2021 at 13:05
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 15:42
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Just looked up Brandon Nansen who’s on a short term loan from Saints and he should add some more weight to the Blues pack at 121kg and 6’6”

Not sure he’s a lineout operator though, which sounds like what we needed last week. The sooner Onojaife back the better. No hooker on the bench and losing Heffernan who by all accounts had a great game last week is a big blow too. I fear for the set piece

To be fair Bluesman, your lineout didn't fail last week because of the jumpers. It failed because the ball was generally thrown into the midriff of the jumper, which made it very easy to attack from a defensive point of view. Or when the throw was higher, it was overthrown/over compensated.

That should be an easy one to put right on the training ground and as much as it is frustrating, it is understandable first competitive game of the season.

Good luck tonight. If it stays dry, this should be a cracker and i fancy a solid home display.
Tackle Low!!!!!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 15:46
Ealing team to play arrrrway at Pirates: A good team. I'd have started a different prop combination, and I think that the team could use someone who is a speedster on the wing to break down the defense. Amazing to me that Luke Daniels can't get into the match day squad. Also gutted that Pirates aren't allowed to do their feed. Had been looking forward to that for weeks.

15. D. Johnston
14. Kernohan
13. Bodilly
12. Howard
11. JCR
10. Willis
9. Hampson
1. Dylan Smith
2. Campher
3. Whyte
4. De Wee
5. Casson
6. Al-Jiboori
7. Uzokwe
8. Smid

Replacements: 16. Malton, 17. Gibbons, 18. Thiede, 19. Linsell, 20. Cannon, 21. Burns, 22. Bird Tulloch, 23. Digby

Welshie7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 16:27
Bedford 1 - 5 Doncaster - Donny to overpower Bedford....eventually

Nottingham 1 - 4 Hartpury - Buoyant after Pirates win

London Scottish 1 - 4 Ampthill - Could easily go the other way

Coventry 5 - 0 Richmond - Coventry at home to win it in last quarter

Cornish Pirates 0 - 5 Ealing - Pirates could get a BP..possibly even 2 but they are weakened this season so will be getting some up and down results

Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 17:19
Bedford       1 - 4 Doncaster 
difficult to call but blues seem to be misfiring 
Nottingham 4 - 1 Hartpury 
Notts collapsed against the Mighty Mond but should edge this 
L Scottish.   0 - 4 Ampthill
both sides did not impress me pre season but Amps have improved 
Coventry     1 - 4 Richmond
I am biased
C Pirates     1 - 5 Ealing
I think the Pirates will get something but Ealing too strong 
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 19:30
Just saw this

Watch Bedford Blues vs Doncaster England - Greene King IPA Championship Live Stream 

📺 Watch Live On 📺📱👉 https://is.gd/JPJujZ

The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 20:35
HT Blues (1 try) 11-17 (2 Tries) Knights

Blues go down the slope 2nd half having played a containing 1st half. Blues kicked all their ball away and the try was from a dropped grubbed kick from Knights.

Knights trying the maul with no success (there you go Bluesman) and the Exeter flop! Scoring 2 tries from the boring tactics.

The Blues defence has been pretty impressive and physical.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 20:39
Notts (3 tries) 22-3 Pury H/T
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 21:35
Blues 31 - 23 Donny FT (4-0). Bedford deny us a BP with the last kick as we did to them in April… that sucks, but that’s the game. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 21:44
Nottingham nearly blow a big lead for the second successive week but hang on to win 22 - 20 v Hartpury. Notts 4 points, Hartpury 1.
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 21:55
Looks like Jersey might be the only potential challengers to Ealing. Early days but looks like London Scottish will the strugglers with everyone else able to beat anyone on their day

If Jersey can sneak a win at Doncaster next week, I reckon the Jersey Ealing game could be a battle of 2 undefeated teams

Edited by Bluesman11 - 01 Oct 2021 at 21:58
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 22:01
Good win for the Blues, we were too negative in the first half for me and then didn’t back ourselves in the last play. Really should’ve gone for the 5 points. At least we got the win, but that is potentially 2 points dropped in the first 2 games.

Blues maul defence was good and I think forced Knights to go for the 2nd 3 points when they were 5 a drift.
Guinness John View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 22:46
Amazing how each time Blues had a penalty in a potentially scoring position a Doncaster player needed "treatment " the one time Sir let the penalty be taken to touch it was a Lazarus like recovery from the stricken forward who raced the width of the pitch to join the line out. 
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 23:02
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Looks like Jersey might be the only potential challengers to Ealing. Early days but looks like London Scottish will the strugglers with everyone else able to beat anyone on their day

If Jersey can sneak a win at Doncaster next week, I reckon the Jersey Ealing game could be a battle of 2 undefeated teams

I love the thought, but very early days yet. There are some seriously good teams in this division who can beat anyone on their day and I mean anyone.
Without an ‘elite’ club, this could be a really open and close fought campaign.
Tackle Low!!!!!
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 13:54
Good to be back to normal last night, the atmosphere was great with an attendance of 2825. Although not convinced if the NHS cardholders were counted.

It will be a battle with Coventry of who tops the average attendance table.
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 14:37

Good to be back to normal last night, the atmosphere was great with an attendance of 2825. Although not convinced if the NHS cardholders were counted.

It will be a battle with Coventry of who tops the average attendance table.

Very good crowd that 👏
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic