National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Scores Oct 8/9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 16:43
Ealing 78 (BP) - Nottingham  19 (3T) 79' - Hoyt scores for Nottingham after they get good position by ripping the ball out in open play.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 16:47
Ealing 78 (BP) - Nottingham  19 (3T) FT.  Comprehensive win by Ealing.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 16:48
FT Ampthill (1) 34 - 53 (5) Blues

Scoreline could have been wider. A win away with a home crowd.

ATT 1924

Edited by The Blues - 09 Oct 2021 at 16:49
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 17:11
I will take that win against unbeaten Jersey.
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 17:14
Congratulations Doncaster. Bad luck Jersey.

Best wishes to all my friends on this board.
As one door closes…….another one slams in your face.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 17:15
Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

I will take that win against unbeaten Jersey.

well done on the win, sounded like it was deserved over your performance in 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters...

"unbeaten Jersey" - we'd won 2 games! probably served to motivate the home side seeing their oppo top of table, even if said table was embryonic!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 17:17
43-21 FT at the RAG, landlords win over tenants...
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 17:36
Early on but 4 rounds in and

1st Ealing - 11 points
10th Pirates - 9 points and have beaten 1st.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 19:43
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Early on but 4 rounds in and

1st Ealing - 11 points
10th Pirates - 9 points and have beaten 1st.
The Championship table 2021-2022 (championshiprugby.co.uk)
 A well matched league with all to play for. 

Edited by corporalcarrot - 09 Oct 2021 at 19:45
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 21:20
Donny Deserved the win, but it was very hard fought - Jersey has a pack that clearly dine on Jersey Beef, Jersey Cream and Jersey Potato- my giddy aunt they are big!!

Edited by castleparknight - 09 Oct 2021 at 21:21
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 22:58
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Donny Deserved the win, but it was very hard fought - Jersey has a pack that clearly dine on Jersey Beef, Jersey Cream and Jersey Potato- my giddy aunt they are big!!

Cracking game at Castle Park today. You’re right CPK about the Jersey pack, they’re big and strong and certainly assert themselves!. Every time they got the maul set up you feared the worst. The moment of the match for me though was in the second half when Jersey were 10 metres from the Donny line trying to set up a maul, and over 10 phases or so, their maul was stopped and they were driven back to halfway by the Donny defence!. That summed up our performance for me, our commitment and defensive organisation was first rate. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 23:18
There was only one maul try today from Ampthill, which was a penalty try for the last play of the game. In fact there were only a few mauls in the whole match and Blues scored 6 tries from their backs (5 wings) and the one that was scored by a forward was a line like a centre from the loose head prop.
Westcoaster View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westcoaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 23:59
cpk and donnyknights fan, sounds like you guys deserved the win today.
And had worked out how to defend well.
Strange you say our pack are big, the touchline view here this season is that they're not so big but a good unit and work well together. We've had a few lighthouses at 4 and 5 in recent years but not this year so far. And we thought the prop to Premiership supply line had dried up until a couple of weeks ago when Ciaran Parker went onwards and upwards.
Come on Jersey........
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 00:29
Simply outclassed the LS  they will finish bottom of this league 
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 07:29
Originally posted by Donnyknightfan Donnyknightfan wrote:

Cracking game at Castle Park today.
Tight games are definitely the best to win and worst to lose. Well played Donny fully deserved.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 07:38
Originally posted by Donnyknightfan Donnyknightfan wrote:

Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Cracking game at Castle Park today. You’re right CPK about the Jersey pack, they’re big and strong and certainly assert themselves!. Every time they got the maul set up you feared the worst. The moment of the match for me though was in the second half when Jersey were 10 metres from the Donny line trying to set up a maul, and over 10 phases or so, their maul was stopped and they were driven back to halfway by the Donny defence!. That summed up our performance for me, our commitment and defensive organisation was first rate. 
I couldn’t agree more that defensive set was amazing to watch, it must have lifted the lads spirits no end 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Baggins View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 10:19
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

FT Ampthill (1) 34 - 53 (5) Blues

Scoreline could have been wider. A win away with a home crowd.

ATT 1924

That was possibly the worst I have ever seen Ampthill play, and I have played for them or watched them since 88. I am sure they have played worse rugby but it does not come to mind or I wasn't there. It was only some fairly lackadaisical defence from Bedford that allowed them to get a bonus point and keep Bedford to within 20 points.

They seemed to have no answer to Bedford's high tempo running game which is odd as they played them twice preseason so knew exactly what they were going to get.

Not sure what he problem was but they never really got control of the ball and seemed to get sucked into playing the game Bedford's way where they were clearly second best; and even when they did keep the ball and get into the red zone they butchered chance after chance, although Bedford defended 5m line outs very well, helped by some poor throwing in at times, in fact both sides line outs were a bit of a lottery.

Roll on bad weather, heavy pitches and a mid table finish for Ampthill, Bedford look like they can aim a lot higher than that, they looked like the real deal

Propping up the board
Monkey Magic View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Monkey Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 10:28

Obviously missed the first half-bar as an intercept deep in your own 22 it should have been 3-14 HT Smile. Tend to be free entry after half time at the RAG- Fair way to go and a tough season ahead but plenty of time for egg on the face of some one-eyed supporters
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 17:10
I think Scottish played well in the first half and have plenty of potential. As for the intercept, don't accept the 'should have been'. Scottish happy enough to have their own one later.
Both clubs have a proud history and I trust will live up to it during the rest of the season.
Mond's philosophy has progressed to a more attacking ethos and they have some excellent backs to carry it out.
Scottish not playing last season has been a setback for them, but I do expect to see them winning soon.
pappashanga
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 18:50
Went across to see game at Richmond yesterday. Very even first half but Richmond far superior in 2nd. LS fitness levels did not look great as the game wore on. Chatting to a LS supporter in bar he was hoping for more from their 5 imports from Quins. Interesting that Richmond only had one D/R on the pitch and one on the bench. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic