National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N2N Latest Scores Week 6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 13:47
National One or Two is eminently preferable to the fiasco that is the Championship at this time.

When we were rising through the leagues it was a dream to think of getting to the Championship & then the Prem, but the reality is somewhat different. 

The product is fantastic but the management of the game at those levels is another thing entirely. 

I can’t speak for all Roth fans, but I for one would be happy in the upper regions of Nat 1 with a regular fixture list and a home game every other week, which wasn’t the case in the Championship.
As one door closes…….another one slams in your face.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 14:03
If National 1 did not exist, would there be any pressure to invent it.

Are there really 44 sides that want national competition - plus another five or six ready to press for promotion?

I know some people say it is easier to get sponsorship if you are in a "National" league, but does that outweigh the extra travel and the fact there are fewer local derbies?

Sweeney Delenda Est
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 15:03
Nat 1 rugby is a great experience. 
We have made many friends around the country during Hull Ionians ventures into the third tier of English Rugby.
There is no doubt that this experience comes with a cost but you cannot stifle ambition and who cares if we are labelled a 'yo-yo' club by those clubs who have never been there.

One thing that would help with the cost would be salary capping, which is strictly enforced, controlled and adhered to. 
All Knwoing All Seeing
yorkshirestour View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 16:01
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

Originally posted by yorkshirestour yorkshirestour wrote:

What do we all think about Stourbridge's start ?......Top of the prediction league, and doing ok in the league

Oh no!
Is someone going to say "this is Stour's year".

If they carry on playing as well as I am predicting then one never knows
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 17:29
stour  have won a few but havnt played any of the best top sides yet  apart from hull   so will see how they fare against the likes of  sedge fylde  rotherham bourneville   
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 19:26
Originally posted by greenpower greenpower wrote:

stour  have won a few but havnt played any of the best top sides yet  apart from hull   so will see how they fare against the likes of  sedge fylde  rotherham bourneville   

And my good friend yorkshirestour informed me that Hull should have won that game against his side. 
But that’s history, who knows what unpredictable results we will see in the coming months.
The main thing is to stay safe and enjoy your rugby - win or lose 👍👍
If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 21:29
We play Stourbridge in our next away game a week on Saturday. 

Edited by Rothman2 - 11 Oct 2021 at 21:29
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 21:39
 i would say that will be their first real test   having played hull  chester tynedale  huddersfield  harrogate   and sheffield tigers   no disrespect to any of the above   
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 08:12
Originally posted by Puli. Puli. wrote:

And my good friend yorkshirestour informed me that Hull should have won that game against his side. 
But that’s history, who knows what unpredictable results we will see in the coming months.
The main thing is to stay safe and enjoy your rugby - win or lose 👍👍

That is the truth - a bit of form and momentum built up since then.
Agreed, we haven't played any of the fancied teams yet.

Now !!!!
can we please re-direct this thread to the N2N Prediction table
Please !!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 08:23
yeah get back to the predictions   but it was you who asked the question about what people thought of stourbridges start    so you got a answer Big smile
Mrs Oliphant View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Oliphant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 21:04
Me thinks there are far too many White Rose contributors on this forum..C ome on Sedge Tiger and Skalpy show us how defiant the Bosworth Fields victors can be.
P.S. I also think it is Stour's year. Rothman, are you venturing to the Middle Earth on the 23rd ? Yorkshire Pudding apparently being imported for the day from Auntie Betty's.
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 22:22
Hi

Unfortunately not. 

Also I will not be around tomorrow (hopefully for 1 week only) to post any updates but good luck to all teams.

I would be interested to hear about Stourbridge though in terms of their style of play and the make up of the team, eg experience at this or higher level?

As with Bournville I had no knowledge of them as we always seem to have been in different leagues. 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 10:49
Originally posted by Mrs Oliphant Mrs Oliphant wrote:

Me thinks there are far too many White Rose contributors on this forum..C ome on Sedge Tiger and Skalpy show us how defiant the Bosworth Fields victors can be.
P.S. I also think it is Stour's year. Rothman, are you venturing to the Middle Earth on the 23rd ? Yorkshire Pudding apparently being imported for the day from Auntie Betty's.

Thank the lord you are back - forced sabatical, or were you just away furthering your gender transformation ??

Stours year ????
Not with that clown now in charge of the club
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 20:07

Aye up Misses!!!

We are trying our very best with deeds and not words when it comes to ‘them lot’ over the dark side of the hill.  Not such a bad haul against the white rose so far (Kiss of death). But everyone’s knows it’s Stour’ season.😂😂😂

Good win for Stour today. On a different note  massive  result for Blaydon.ClapClapClap

All the best 

ST
Give him one with handles on
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 20:14
great result for blaydon   great result for sedge   and a decent result  for us   today  
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 20:21
GP wonderful result for the Green Machine. ClapClapClap You know I’m a closet Yorkshireman!!!!! Not SmileSmile
Smile

All the best

ST
Give him one with handles on
Elijah Cadman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elijah Cadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 08:43
Originally posted by yorkshirestour yorkshirestour wrote:

Thank the lord you are back - forced sabatical, or were you just away furthering your gender transformation ??

Stours year ????
Not with that clown now in charge of the club

Religious allegiance showing here in your wording.  The influence lives on Wink
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:21

I think you will find that those Yorkshire Puddings are 'Auntie Bessies', and we should know.
Looking forward to seeing you lot in December but never really enjoy a match on an artificial surface.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:30

great result for blaydon   great result for sedge   and a decent result  for us   today  

Always enjoy coming up to the Avenue and you deserved your draw yesterday. Well played.

One interesting point was when we were denied a perfectly good push over try near the end of the 2nd half, with the ref saying the ball was held up. After the match, we showed the ref our reporters photo of the ball clearly grounded over the line and asked how had seen the ball being held up? He had very little to say. We all make mistakes!
All Knwoing All Seeing
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 12:18
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

I think you will find that those Yorkshire Puddings are 'Auntie Bessies', and we should know.
Looking forward to seeing you lot in December but never really enjoy a match on an artificial surface.

Getting the defence in early ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic