National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

national 2 south status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 12:40
Pete.....Matt had an perennial battle with yoyr own 'donkey' Kingdom of course.....often a tight battle for the top points scorer position.  I think he is in second place on the all time list with about 1800pts ?  Is he still going ?  He looked to be slowing down a bit the last few times I saw him play. 

Injun.....no doubt the life of any half back is a damn sight easier with plenty of front foot ball......a luxury many have to do without.
Golden Jackal View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 15:52
Gary Kingdom has been a perennial thorn in BSE's side, but an outstanding player and decent bloke...I think he kicked a last min pen for Taunton the other week, but is not always starting these days
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 18:07
Oh me of little faith.......should have gone with my gut and forecast a long awaited away win for the lads from Hinckley Ouch.  An outstanding result.......very well done to them, also to Hereshoping and Scrumtime, who had the foresight and courage to predict this unlikely (?) win.  
3pts in the prediction league does not seem like enough ?  Worth some bonus points really Tongue

Any readers on here who were at Dry Leas today and can give us a bit more detail of what transpired ?
I had thought 1-4 might be possible.  0-5 is quite a surprise....albeit a pleasing one Wink
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 08:59
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Oh me of little faith.......should have gone with my gut and forecast a long awaited away win for the lads from Hinckley Ouch.  An outstanding result.......very well done to them, also to Hereshoping and Scrumtime, who had the foresight and courage to predict this unlikely (?) win.  
3pts in the prediction league does not seem like enough ?  Worth some bonus points really Tongue

Any readers on here who were at Dry Leas today and can give us a bit more detail of what transpired ?
I had thought 1-4 might be possible.  0-5 is quite a surprise....albeit a pleasing one Wink

I wasn’t at the game, but I just didn’t predicted this result! Hinckley results have been close so far this season, to go 0-28 was a fantastic performance, well played Hinckley. Watch out Worthing for the backlash next week!! 😜
'Go The Hawks!'
sweatysock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 20:43
I would say that the top 2 now (Redruth and Esher) may well be top two at end of season
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:09
Two fine sides, but no one is running away with it yet, still a long way to go
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:37
Sweaty/Tiger......I agree with you both.  I suspect that Choppers and Esher are favourites, but you can see that the table is becoming quite compressed at the top now.

As we see nearly every year in this league, nearly every team can beat every other on any given day. those of us who foolishly try and predict the results each week, can for the greater part, never know the composition of the teams that are fielded.  Injuries, particularly when they are to key players, can have an significant impact and often do.
So squad depth is ever the issue and it will come into play this year too.

Hawks bounced back nicely this week and most encouragingly for them, seem to have got their back line firing at last.  Lousy timing imo Ouch

Agree with Tiger about the current top 2, but all of the current top 8 will all still fancy their chances if they can put a bit of a run together.  There will e some fascinating matchups between them all in the weeks ahead and also, plenty of potential banana skins in away games against nearly all of the other Nat2S sides too Wink

So six fairly predictable home wins this week, with only poor Westcliff bucking the trend.  

There are some brilliant fixtures leading up to xmas......much for us all to look forward to.

As ever.....commentary from anybody attending any of yesterdays games would be much appreciated.   I did not get to Dry Leas this year unfortunately.
Chopper View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 14:23
Away wins will always be a key factor in table positions. Redruth have notoriously preformed well at home, (advantage Hellfire Corner) but away form has been patchy over the years. Hammers seems to have the wheels back on the bus which has made our away form better in recent seasons.

First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 14:51
It was certainly advantage Hell Fire yesterday...thought we were unlucky not to get a bonus point..Plus like the added touch of a parked Audi to delay our "short" Smile journey home that fraction longer!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 15:34
Well, assuming the changes go through, you may not have to do it again.
Sweeney Delenda Est
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 17:18
Yes much as the welcome is great and the people are Rugby mad, getting home at 1.30am having spent 8 hours the previous day travelling may not be missed.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 17:41
Don't forget the Tribute Wink
Also.....amongst players and clubs, it is possible that opinions might be mixed.  Yes, it is an hell of a journey, but it is an iconic venue and a tremndous challenge....perhaps savoured by some.  I certainly remember our first win there. Tongue
Chopper View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 18:23
Originally posted by Golden Jackal Golden Jackal wrote:

It was certainly advantage Hell Fire yesterday...thought we were unlucky not to get a bonus point..Plus like the added touch of a parked Audi to delay our "short" Smile journey home that fraction longer!

Saw the picture of the Audi on social media. Bad form from whoever parked it there, still, time for more "tribute"
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 19:50
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Saw the picture of the Audi on social media. Bad form from whoever parked it there, still, time for more "tribute"

There was another car featured on social media blocking a coach in a couple of weeks ago at Redruth
RAID ON
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 13:34
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Pete.....Matt had an perennial battle with yoyr own 'donkey' Kingdom of course.....often a tight battle for the top points scorer position.  I think he is in second place on the all time list with about 1800pts ?  Is he still going ?  He looked to be slowing down a bit the last few times I saw him play. 

Injun.....no doubt the life of any half back is a damn sight easier with plenty of front foot ball......a luxury many have to do without.

Gary Kingdom has been a perennial thorn in BSE's side, but an outstanding player and decent bloke...I think he kicked a last min pen for Taunton the other week, but is not always starting these days

Yes Gary is still playing (I think he is 38 now) though not every week and his experience and organisation are missed when he doesn't. 
He did indeed kick a penalty with the last kick of the game the other week to beat Rams, something he has done on more than one occasion (I'm sure Henley supporters look forward to seeing his name on the team sheet Wink). He shows no sign of losing his enthusiasm for the game

Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 22:15
well i will start with the game i watched.  Another exceptional away win for the Hinckley lads.  for those that have not seen them play yet.....they have a very well organised forward pack and a very good scrum.  not much in the backs.....but they have a good kicking game and if you make the mistake of taking them on at this....as we did.....you might well lose. 
We won a great deal of ball on the gain line......but box kicked it away repeatedly and ineptly, only to have the clear MoM Joe Wilson....their fly half....take yet another 40m out of us.

3pts lost for us and very well done Hinckley.  Expect an upper mid-table finish for them this year Clap

Otherwise.......our two league favourites.....Choppers and Esher.....pushed on well.  great effort from the City Side to halt this progress but not quite good enough.
good wins for Clifton and Hawks......and both will think that they can still get themselves into this battle.

great league......lots of good games today....very tight.  best of luck to all TongueWink
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 22:59
Very impressed with Esher today. I had expected a close match against OA but we controlled the game so well that it stopped being a contest early in the second half. After OA scored a great try through their very quick wing at the start of the half, they did not get out of their half again until 30 minutes later, by which time the game had gone away from them. Esher forwards dominated and the backs ran OA ragged at times. Looking good!
Barum man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barum man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 09:55
Barum did well to hold the Lions to a single try and had a few really good chances to nick it at the end but it was not to be. The Lions number 10 kicking game was outstanding including a couple of long distance penalties.
Wigwam View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wigwam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 16:14
Playing 20 minutes with 14 men didn’t help Worthing. Both players binned quite rightly for technical offences but sir had no card for a Hinckley high tackle. These decisions always perplex me but on the day Hinckley via their game management and excellent kicking deserved their win that’s for sure. I guess the plus points for Worthing were some moments of outstanding brilliance from individuals and getting both bonus points. 

Pace Power Perfection
sweatysock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 16:14
well it looks like a great result for Worthing - Redruth 10 Worthing 24 . Not  often we get much there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
  Share Topic