National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

national 2 south status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Blutarsky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blutarsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 21:58
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

I used pay subs to get a shoeing and I weight trained 5 days a week went to the club twice a week for training and went to the selection meeting on Sunday morning all for the love of playing the game and being part of a club. Now I do know there are a lot of players who do a lot for the love of the game, most of the mercenaries will be in the higher echelons of the game.

Good for you. Times change. Why not do us all a favour and build a time machine and travel back if it was that good. 
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 18:20
Originally posted by Scrumtime Scrumtime wrote:

Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

Originally posted by FlyingRuck FlyingRuck wrote:

Any truth in the rumour that OE's are set to return next season in National 2 South? I hope its not true...

Only in place of Blackheath if they fold after relegation.😉😂😂

Are you speaking in an official capacity as a secretary of a National 1 club or do you know any facts ? 

I’d say neither 

Look very close at the RFU rules and regs!  

I was joking actually, shame you have no sense of irony!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 13:30

Any truth in the rumour that OE's are set to return next season in National 2 South? I hope its not true...

Are you speaking in an official capacity as a secretary of a National 1 club or do you know any facts ? 

There is of course another possibility. Halliford was making what we call a joke.
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 13:02
Originally posted by Golden Jackal Golden Jackal wrote:

To be fair, the posts have been circulated primarily from people not regurlaly associated with N2South.   Good Luck and congratulations to all clubs that gain promotion!    Whether a club pays players, doesnt pay players, has 50 watching or 500, I couldnt careless, what concerns me most is the quality of the Rugby on display and I fear the decision to "water down" the leagues will jeopordise that!  History says that in recent times, most promoted teams (and they have usually come up having won their division at a canter) struggle in N2.  Good luck all 3 teams today, especially N Walsham as it would be great to have a "local" derby!

I echo those sentiments. I would love to see North Walsham back, great memories playing them! Let’s hope Henley will be in the same league?!!
'Go The Hawks!'
Even Older Hooker View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 12:42
OEs if they want to get back to the higher levels, must do as all before them ie Richmond L Scottish, L Welsh, East Grinstead. Drop to the lowest level and work their way back up.
Another one against the head
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 12:18
Originally posted by rugbychris rugbychris wrote:

I might have misremembered but didn't the RFU say that clubs could pull out of the leagues this season (Covid) and return next season to the same league? In any normal year you would start at the bottom of the pyramid.

Except, OE's did not pull out because of Covid - they pulled out because they had no money to pay their players and returning in the same league would be N1 not N2
RAID ON
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 12:14
Originally posted by Golden Jackal Golden Jackal wrote:

To be fair, the posts have been circulated primarily from people not regurlaly associated with N2South.   Good Luck and congratulations to all clubs that gain promotion!    Whether a club pays players, doesnt pay players, has 50 watching or 500, I couldnt careless, what concerns me most is the quality of the Rugby on display and I fear the decision to "water down" the leagues will jeopordise that!  History says that in recent times, most promoted teams (and they have usually come up having won their division at a canter) struggle in N2.  Good luck all 3 teams today, especially N Walsham as it would be great to have a "local" derby!

Totally agree with this.
RAID ON
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 12:11

Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

There have been draft versions of the structure at L4/5 (from official sources) circulating regularly in recent weeks - one iteration was posted on this board - and OEs do not feature at either level.
As you say very much,  draft 
I think we will find the league competition committee 
Chaired by Mr Burwell meets on the 3rd and 4th of May 
Wouldn't it be funny if this was the one time your Nostradamus-like prophecies happened to come true? No, I'm not holding my breath, either...
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 11:42
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

There have been draft versions of the structure at L4/5 (from official sources) circulating regularly in recent weeks - one iteration was posted on this board - and OEs do not feature at either level.

As you say very much,  draft 
I think we will find the league competition committee 
Chaired by Mr Burwell meets on the 3rd and 4th of May 

Edited by Scrumtime - 23 Apr 2022 at 11:50
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 11:05

Edited by Mark W-J - 23 Apr 2022 at 11:07
rugbychris View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rugbychris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 10:56
I might have misremembered but didn't the RFU say that clubs could pull out of the leagues this season (Covid) and return next season to the same league? In any normal year you would start at the bottom of the pyramid.
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 10:44

I’d say neither 

Look very close at the RFU rules and regs!  

Golden Jackal View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 10:26
Kentishman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 07:02
Just a thought……ever heard of the phrase “innocent until proven guilty?”
I would suggest that we celebrate and applaud Sevenoaks and Dorking/North Walsham on a hard fought league. Some of the rugby played by these sides has been exceptionally good. Nat 2 is a different prospect altogether but as I see it, they deserve the opportunity to take it on. If the RFU are doing investigations then great, it’s important that we maintain standards, but please stop the nonsense chat. Let these clubs enjoy their moment. They deserve it.

Edited by Kentishman - 23 Apr 2022 at 07:04
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 00:20
Where would they get a side from, their 1st and 2nd XVs have gone to the four winds and their 3rd XV could not step up - and I am not sure if they even completed the Kent merit league season.
They do have a mini and youth section  and will rebuild, but only as a community club.I believe they won awards from Kent R\fu for their community and youth coaching this season.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 22:45

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 16:39

I cannot see any reason for that to happen - surely they start at the bottom (as other clubs have) if they want to restart at all.
RAID ON
FlyingRuck View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingRuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 16:24
See you further on up the road
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 14:01
WR. You dont have to apologise to me or to Canterbury I imagine. The fact that the topic has 'travelled' is sufficient in itself to indicate that the original posts in January had substance, and are still alive and subjudice. Like you we all share an interest in the truth which seems so difficult to establish in a timely fashion these days. It is probably likely that the whole matter will unravel in mid July with some inconspicuous RFU website notificationUnhappy
Fezantplucker
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 13:47
I'm not sure the RFU has to comment unless they have opened a formal investigation and I'm not sure they have. Initially I expect it would be the LSE DOC that would look at Level 5. 

The CASC model can work if you are careful but I doubt the model will work for Clubs seeking to establish themselves at Level 4 given the RFU assumption that Clubs at that level are semi-professional. Within the CASC model Clubs are, of course, able to play players for other work within their Clubs - the restriction is on paying players to play. 

This all sounds like the rumour mill working overtime to me. Let's hope we can get to 1st May with some certainty for Levels 2 - 5!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>
  Share Topic