National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

national 2 south status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 26>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 11:17
Lions v Hinckley will not be a game for the feint hearted, quite a lot of history  here.........................
sweatysock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 20:29
any games COVID threatened yet?
Even Older Hooker View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 23:27
Just Parliament Cry
Another one against the head
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 20:41
Originally posted by Even Older Hooker Even Older Hooker wrote:

Just Parliament Cry

Sounds like Labour front bench are a few down
RAID ON
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 13:02
it is a good thing that the fixtures secretary tries to reduce travel near the festive period by arranging as many 'derbies' as possible, but how strange to see that one of the closest in National 3 South  is Leicester v Hinckley ?  Who'd've thought eh ?  TongueWink

I am really hoping that covid issues do not presage another foreshortened season.  It is a worry, though we have a month long break coming up.  With a bit of luck things might calm down over this period and we can return to relative normalcy ?
sweatysock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 18:55
yes me too - have really enjoyed getting back to watching live rugby after a long lay off - would hate to see a suspension of proceedings (and we have a potential thriller at the top)
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 10:18
There's a funny post on Leicester Lions facebook page, I couldn't possibly comment..........................snort......chortle...............guffaw................LOL
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:03
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

There's a funny post on Leicester Lions facebook page, I couldn't possibly comment..........................snort......chortle...............guffaw................LOL
I'm sure the 6 Lions fans are gutted Wink
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:53
It is funny though........................
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:55
Very BitchyBeer

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 18:46
i wonder what the record is for most drawn games in a season ?  The Barn Elms boys recorded their 4th today.......amazing.  
Thanks to Nick for the latest scores today.......were you at either Barn Elms or Barnstaple Nick ?
If not, perhaps Honestinjun can tell us more about that game ?

I can imagine that the Dings lads will be a bit cheesed off losing at home to Clifton today, after scoring 4 tries before HT....it seems that a dogged Clifton edged the game through the boot of Luke Cozens.

yet another win for Choppers and although Barum are no rollover at home, i suspect that the Redruth side from earlier in the season would have wrapped up an TBP with some ease.  But still top, though they may be looking anxiously over their shoulders in the new year.

A decent and expected win for Rochford against Westcliff.....who battle on admirably.  it does seem strange to me to to see bot these sides in our league but no Southend ?  what has happened to them ?

looking forward to the 8/1 when the league resumes.....and hoping Covid is coming under control.
happy xmas and new year to all.  
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 23:27
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

i wonder what the record is for most drawn games in a season ?  The Barn Elms boys recorded their 4th today.......amazing.  
Thanks to Nick for the latest scores today.......were you at either Barn Elms or Barnstaple Nick ?

I can imagine that the Dings lads will be a bit cheesed off losing at home to Clifton today, after scoring 4 tries before HT....it seems that a dogged Clifton edged the game through the boot of Luke Cozens.

yet another win for Choppers and although Barum are no rollover at home, i suspect that the Redruth side from earlier in the season would have wrapped up an TBP with some ease.  But still top, though they may be looking anxiously over their shoulders in the new year.

A decent and expected win for Rochford against Westcliff.....who battle on admirably.  it does seem strange to me to to see bot these sides in our league but no Southend ?  what has happened to them ?

looking forward to the 8/1 when the league resumes.....and hoping Covid is coming under control.
happy xmas and new year to all.  

Most of today's games were a lot closer than I expexpcted.

Performance of the day would go to Canterbury IMO.

With out doubt this is one of the most competitive seasons of N2S in the last 10 or so years.

Unfortunately Esher had to cry off today, so I my rugby viewing was limited to the TV - although the fog at Glasgow prevented a lot of that.

Hopefully, we will be back to something like normality come the 8th January - however unfortunately I suspect we might be in lockdown again by then.

Merry Christmas to all and a happy New Year
RAID ON
honestinjun View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honestinjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 23:46
Well if there is a record we must be on the way to overtaking it, today’s result being our 4th draw of this season, so far..despite the gloomy overcast weather, it was a cracking game, no quarter given by either side, incredibly even throughout . In the last few minutes, Barnes missed a v kickable penalty and as full time loomed, it looked like Henley would win, with a penalty given against a Barnes player for not rolling away. The fact was he couldn’t roll away as he was knocked out. Despite the referee being unable to change his decision, the Henley players took it upon themselves to resolve the situation, kicking the ball into touch directly, and thus ending the game graciously whilst protecting all we love about rugby: honour, and deep-down respect. Thank you the Hawks! It was a gesture we won’t forget, one wonders how many other clubs would have done this?

Edited by honestinjun - 19 Dec 2021 at 02:21
HonestInjun
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 00:20
thanks for that Injun....i'd like to think that most rugby teams would have done the same.....but outstanding sportsmanship from the Hawks......exceptional....ClapClapClapBig smile
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 12:31
After all that Henley have gone through this season as well !!!!!
Wonderful to see such sportsmanship. A fine example of what our wonderful game is about Thumbs UpClap
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 12:34
EOH a fine comment. Maybe their experience this season has for them highlighted that at best our game is not all about results, promotion and money but about doing the right thing at the right time for the right reason.
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 12:45
Very well put Marigold
Sir_Q View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sir_Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 14:46
Clap Clap Henley
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 21:50
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Hi Darth,
I didn’t go to Barnes, but I did go to Barnstable. Good result for us in North Devon, it took 25 mins for the first score!Barnstaple looked dangerous on the break, but it was our outstanding defence and the pack was the difference.

I did go to Henley last weekend to see us against Leicester Lions. After the previous week I had good expectations of a good win? Lions were outstanding and well deserved winners, one stage we were 14? points behind and came close at the end.

Didn’t know about the Barnes incident yesterday, but full credit for the lads of what they did, especially what had happened to us on the first game of the season. Like someone said earlier, it’s not about winning and money it’s sportsmanship and friendship, that’s what rugby is all about?

Nick

Edited by The Hawks - 19 Dec 2021 at 21:51
'Go The Hawks!'
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 19:20
Another question for Honestinjun.........what is Barnes (formerly a yo-yo side) best ever league position ?Is that 6 games unbeaten now and up to 8th Big smileClap
cracking result at the Recreation ground and as I said, i was tempted to predict it (epic fail again Ouch)
Hardly a disaster, but are the wheels loosening on the Choppers wagon ?

OA's are a pain in the ar$e......i get their result wrong every week  ......i wish they would make their minds up Ouch    very good win at Merton Lane....that place turns into a bog when it is wet and normally, the City Side are adept at using the conditions and the slope to their advantage.  So OA's moving into contention or just trying to fool me again (not difficult). 

A convincing 6 try win for high scoring Clifton.  I thought that in form Lions might press them very close. but appears not to have been the case.  Sitting on top again now.

Esher are very close behind and edged another high scoring home game .....this time against Dings, despite being outscored by 5 tries to 4.  It is now looking like Esher and Clifton are the form sides......though there is still a long way to go and many of the top 6/7 play each other in the weeks ahead.

Quick segue.....about this time of year, i normally ask if anyone has opinions as to the overachiever and underachiever of the year in our league ?
For me, the underachiever is not obvious, though I would pick BSE, whom many often expect to do better than they actually do.  I think that they themselves will have fallen well short of their ambitions this year. 
But great credit should go to Hinckley.  They are free scoring and have amassed an amazing 15 bonus points Clap  As ever.....fine margins in this league, but not much would have needed to change for them to have been in the top 6.  They have outscored a few good sides only to come out on the wrong end of the result.

Lastly......my lot.  We took a slightly depleted side (from my uninformed perspective) to the Haberden....battled hard and somehow managed to come away with a result.....despite playing the first 10mins of the second half with 13 men and all of it with 14.  Very well done to all of our lads wearing the shirt today.....kept us in some sort of contention. punch on lads Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 26>
  Share Topic