National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

national 2 south status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 26>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 21:56
Hi Darth,

Great result for your boys on the road today. Who was "missing"? Are these injuries, Christmas excesses or some unknown reason for non-selection?
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 22:17
Hi Welshie......thanks for the question, but i am afraid i don't have an answer.  i am not an 'insider' and like many Raiders fans, do not understand and am regularly confused by selection from one week to the next.
All things are possible......some i know are injured.  Covid ?  Possible.  All Quins boys missing yet again.......disappointing and imo dysfunctional.  Some others may have left.....one definitely.

So....great respect and accolades from me to the lads wearing the shirt today.  very good win and perhaps our first at the Haberden ?

It seems that you yourself have some good contact/s within the club......so may be aware of other 'complications' at the mo.

enjoy the rest of the season.....looking forward to it myself
honestinjun View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honestinjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 23:01
Hi Darth, our highest end of season position in this league is 11th in the 18/19 season with 66 points, but it felt better than that as Reds finished 7th on 69 point that season, no chickens being counted by the returning geese at Barn Elms this season, but a good consistent run since November, despite a largely young and new squad. Today’s win was well earned…the was played in driving wind and rain, fortunately in the second half we played down into Hellfire Corner and patience in the last 10 mins saw us score right at the death, so often that has happened to us so this was a very sweet victory indeed. 
HonestInjun
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 23:05
Originally posted by honestinjun honestinjun wrote:

Hi Darth, our highest end of season position in this league is 11th in the 18/19 season with 66 points, but it felt better than that as Reds finished 7th on 69 point that season, no chickens being counted by the returning geese at Barn Elms this season, but a good consistent run since November, despite a largely young and new squad. Today’s win was well earned…the was played in driving wind and rain, fortunately in the second half we played down into Hellfire Corner and patience in the last 10 mins saw us score right at the death, so often that has happened to us so this was a very sweet victory indeed. 

All visiting teams should play down the slope in the second half - if only to deprive Redruth of doing so.
RAID ON
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 23:32
thanks Injun.....all good to hear.....of course my lot beat them 0-5 so you still have much to aspire to TongueWink
66pts though...that is a lot....surprised i don't remember that......it will be tough to beat in this leagie...this year....amazingly hard.  don't forget you should have won at our place too Ouch

can't remember the name of your skippet....Seabourne ???  looked a good level 3 player to me and an inspirational leader

hope you win all your games until 5/3 at Goose poo park Wink 

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honestinjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 23:19
I think if we win a few that we have been drawing then we should be around that number at the end of the season…the geese are flying back with extra bombs to fertilise the pitch for your visit Smile
Skipper is Ryan Seabright, lovely lad, very unassuming but just gets on with it…fun fact..his phd was about paint drying!
HonestInjun
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 23:43
Raider, to do that they need to win the toss.

Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 13:25
Injun.........3 points

1. If you just replicate your form in the first half of the season, rather than continuing the current upward trend, you will still end up with 78pts.......which is pretty good eh ?
2.  I had noticed a lad named Kirby playing at full back.......but only recently noted that it is Rob Kirby. Last time i looked he was playing fly half in the championship for the Mond.  I now see he was supposed to have retired at the age of 30 ?  That is an excellent addition
3. You need to keep an eye on your skipper then.....if he has a genuine interest in watching paint dry...he may well be sneaking off to the appropriately named Dry Leas to watch Hawks play TongueWink  (sorry Nick....could n't resist)  hee hee
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 14:03
Not surprised to see Rob Kirby playing for Barnes as his father has been involved with them for many years! Great goal-kicker, he will add some points for Barnes.

Esher nearly threw it away on Saturday against Dings. Yellow card in last 5 minutes, clock red and penalty awarded - Dings kicked to the corner and hammered hard, another 2 penalties on the line then Dings got over and were adjudged held up - game over.

Esher never really coped with the weather. We have lost Luke Peters for the season and don't have another barn door centre, the choice is of ball-players who had little opportunity on Saturday. We will need to ensure we take sunshine with us on our away trips and ensure an early Spring if we want to keep on winning!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 14:44
Phew......a nerve jangling finish then Halliford.  Dings are a handful are n't they ?   The league seems even tougher than usual this year.  There are a bunch of games between now and 5/3 in which members of the top 7 will be playing each other......a pivotal time period.
It looks to me that there is an fair chance that whoever comes out on top this year, may do so despite losing 7 or 8 games.  

can't wait myself.....great stuff  Clap
The Hawks View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 19:16
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Injun.........3 points

1. If you just replicate your form in the first half of the season, rather than continuing the current upward trend, you will still end up with 78pts.......which is pretty good eh ?
2.  I had noticed a lad named Kirby playing at full back.......but only recently noted that it is Rob Kirby. Last time i looked he was playing fly half in the championship for the Mond.  I now see he was supposed to have retired at the age of 30 ?  That is an excellent addition
3. You need to keep an eye on your skipper then.....if he has a genuine interest in watching paint dry...he may well be sneaking off to the appropriately named Dry Leas to watch Hawks play TongueWink  (sorry Nick....could n't resist)  hee hee

Ha ha Darth, keep taking the tablets!!!😂😂

Yes the next few games for us is going to be quite interesting? Redruth (h), Clifton (a), Westcliff (h), Redruth (a) & Esher (a) I feel we need to win at least 4 or all of them if we want to  be in the payoff or champions?? Like you say Darth interesting times ahead and anyone can beat anyone on the day!
Nick.
'Go The Hawks!'
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 20:24
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Raider, to do that they need to win the toss.

Camquin, I appreciate that - however I believe a lot of teams choose to play downhill first when they should have faith in their defence to still be in the game at halftime.

Do Redruth ever win the toss and kick down first - I doubt it.
RAID ON
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 21:01
hi Nick...well said....i do actually take 10 tablets a day.....diabetes and other issues....but it is the copious amounts of weapons grade alcohol that are my recurrent problem Wink

I don't agree with you though....i suspect that three wins out of those games will be good enough to get you well in contention.....and 3 is what i think you will get.....above that ?  V well done.

as with Kirby at Barnes...getting Will Crow is a great acquisition and potentially, a season changer for me.
If your back row stay fit i think you will (very disappointingly of course) be well in contention Ouch

my lot are in a bit of turmoil.....our coach has just been appointed the England u-20's defensive coach....that is his third job.  he is now away (i believe) for 8 weeks.  not good imo.  hey ho.  the lads seem to be punching on though and all of our supposed Quins boys have disappeared for  good while now.  
our next few fixtures are better than yours,....though there are almost no easy games this year.....so if we stick together we too might yet stay in the promotion mix.

best of luck.....well not really TongueWinkOuch 

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honestinjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 23:28
We would be happy if we did replicate that first half of the season performance…lots of twists and turns ahead no doubt to cause us all plenty of angst!

To your 2nd point, I have known Rob Kirby since he was a very young boy, he was always down on Saturdays and looked after my son (who was much younger again) when I was playing, I always felt one day he would come and play for us and so it has transpired..he is a delightful young man, oh yes, he can kick the ball well too 😎😎😎
HonestInjun
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 12:25
You also picked up a very good row from Oes in Len Ashcroftm-Leigh, Hunstjun
Worth a slot in any side 

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 17:47
A quick bit of news just for the Raiders fans........Liam Perkins.......who was red carded on Saturday, has got off completely.......not sure but I think that they have accepted it was a mistake.  Good news regardless Big smileClap
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 20:16
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

A quick bit of news just for the Raiders fans........Liam Perkins.......who was red carded on Saturday, has got off completely.......not sure but I think that they have accepted it was a mistake.  Good news regardless Big smileClap

Darth - yes excellent news
RAID ON
Even Older Hooker View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 20:52
A Ref making a mistake ????????????????????????????? How unusualHug
Another one against the head
sweatysock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatysock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 18:13
Worthing had to work hard for victory today - it was very even for most of game and Worthing only pulled away late. Canterbury fought hard and deserved something out of the game 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 19:26
Hi Sweaty.......i was not at the game today....but my mates kept me updated throughout.  Another tense encounter at the Rugby Park then ?  Ouch
Keep in mind though.....by way of context, that the City Side are recently relegated from Nat1, defend very well and despite their lowly league position, the 33pts we scored against them today were the most that they have conceded all season.  So a very useful 5pts in our campaign TongueClapClap

A great performance by Clifton at Barn Elms.....i thought that they would edge it but to hear that they have scored 8 tries against in form Barnes was amazing.  Unfortunately, we don;t seem to have an Clifton contributor on here but hopefully, we will get the usual open and honest accounting from Injun.

Esher did the job pretty well as expected at Barum and still have their games in hand.  I do start to wonder if the current top two have a bit more than the rest of us and may start to stretch away in the weeks ahead ?  Apoint worth noting is that arguably....the two games in hand are both against my lot.....which could be interesting for both sides.

Very well done to Hinckley.....coming out the better this time in another high scoring encounter.....they are a good team to watch Big smile  In fact, both Midlands sides have made excellent additions to our league this year and however our leagues are reconfigured next year...I hope we cross paths again.  I also hope that they are continuing to enjoy their experiences down south.....i suspect Lions must do, as they have elected to stay.  Clap

Guernsey got back into winning ways....after a few defeats and several postponements.  They must have defended well to deny Dings their usual TBP.....i thought Dings would nick it...wrongo Ouch 

Good efforts from all of the bottom 3   today as they fight tigerishly to close the gap.....but there is so much quality in this league that it continues to be an uphill struggle for them. 

in fact....a good win win for BSE at Rochford.....clearly not an easy place to go to and pick up points.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 26>
  Share Topic