National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2021-22 Championship - Week 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 19:21
Originally posted by Member728 Member728 wrote:

Mighty Mond win 37 32 5 -2
Brilliant two proper teams scrap it out but the best team won. That's how rugby should be played.  Amps easily outplayed Jersey today and Jersey probably made a record of pens conceded. The coaches seemed to notice this last week against Donny but perhaps they didn't bother to mention it to their players. Confirmation of the well known fact there's only one Charlie Beckett who should be still playing in a red shirt if the management at Jersey were half as good at keeping quality as finding new playing assets. 
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 20:05
In the 7th pub still coming across Blues supporters saying Mond the better team today Bedford should be really proud  of them
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 20:39
According to twitter:
The attendance at the Stade today was 941 - thanks for your support
Looked like nearer 1500 to me
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 21:00
Ealing 73 - Coventry 24 (3T) - 5-0 FT. I made the long, long drive to Coventry (awful traffic, nearly 3 hours), but was rewarded with a very nice performance by Ealing. I was a fan of the squad continuity this week, and it worked well. We won't see that next week though, as three Ealing backs had to leave the match due to injury. As they only had 2 subs in the backs, it was necessary to move Rayn Smid from 8 to 12, and Jordan Burns played on the wing for the whole second half.

Ealing were pretty sharp on attack, and opportunistic in defense with 2 long range intercept tries. Ealing did seem to get the rub of the green from the officials, but overall their scrum was dominant.
Score line was similar to the one against Nottingham, but Coventry were far better opposition.
 Really no complaints from me. First time in Coventry. I liked the number of separate bar stations around the BPA, and I liked how close to the pitch you could get.  Had a good natter with an old chap who had supported Cov since the 50s. Catering could use some work - a coffee took nearly 45 minutes to procure.
Bigbluepip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 21:38
No complaints from me about the result or the ref today, Richmond were good for the win, playing a fast paced game, with a pretty solid defence. 
We weren’t at our best, too many errors, poor line out, missed tackles and touch missed numerous times when clearing our lines. From memory, I think Richmond scored 2 tries from clearances that missed touch and one from a line out turnover. 
Richmond’s scrum was strong, there 15 always looked threatening, as did the 14, better side edged it on the day. Looking forward to the return fixture, and a bit of payback Wink
I want you all to line up in a circle and pair up in three's alphabetically by height.
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 10:01
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Absolute shocker from the Blues. Richmond weren’t good but didn’t have to be.

ATT 2735 I think 

Great attendance however Clap
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 10:50
At last a sporting response. To the other Bedford bloggers, line outs, getting touch etc are as much part of the game as brilliant back play. Blaming the ref is always a cheap shot.
pappashanga
Baggins View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 09:24
Originally posted by Bigbluepip Bigbluepip wrote:

No complaints from me about the result or the ref today, Richmond were good for the win, playing a fast paced game, with a pretty solid defence. 
We weren’t at our best, too many errors, poor line out, missed tackles and touch missed numerous times when clearing our lines. From memory, I think Richmond scored 2 tries from clearances that missed touch and one from a line out turnover. 
Richmond’s scrum was strong, there 15 always looked threatening, as did the 14, better side edged it on the day. Looking forward to the return fixture, and a bit of payback Wink

It is difficult to understand how you could destroy Ampthill the other week then lose to Richmond at home, and Ampthill could look utterly clueless against the Blues and then fly to Jersey and get a draw in a game they probably should have won.

Predicting the results at the moment appears to be a mugs game.

Propping up the board
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic