National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

LSE1 Week 7 Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSE1 Week 7 Predictions
    Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 15:55
Brighton North Walsham
CS Stags 1863 Tring
Havant Dorking
Hertford Tunbridge Wells
Sidcup Wimbledon
Sutton and Epsom Sevenoaks
Westcombe Park Maidenhead

Some interesting match ups with Havant V Dorking pick of the games, Can D's and W's contiune to stay  unbeaten? No respite for the Stags as Tring have won 3 of their 5 so warrant respect. S&E v Sevenoaks should also be a good one

I am off in Europe for work next week so may not get the scores done during the week and will post next weeks fictures later this week 
SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 16:21

I see from the RFU disciplinary website, Tring have had their appeal rejected.   Although, I believe, they can still appeal again if they wish to. Any views welcome.

Brighton     1-4     North Walsham
CS Stags 1863     0-5     Tring
Havant          1-5     Dorking
Hertford     5-0     Tunbridge Wells
Sidcup          0-5     Wimbledon
Sutton and Epsom 1-5     Sevenoaks
Westcombe Park      4-1    Maidenhead
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 16:56
Originally posted by SurreyRugby SurreyRugby wrote:

I see from the RFU disciplinary website, Tring have had their appeal rejected.   Although, I believe, they can still appeal again if they wish to. Any views welcome.

I guess that puts Dorking top on 30pts as S&E were awarded the the 5pts for the HWO when CS Stags appeal was turned down. Makes Saturdays match at Havant even more appealing

Edited by Shamrose - 18 Oct 2021 at 16:56
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 17:08
Feel a bit sorry for Tring. Would the RFU prefer that they gave the Pox to their opponents too?
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 08:33
I agree - Tring should play Dorking and I am sure Dorking won’t mind that? The integrity of the league should come first and matches played if there is a free slot - which clearly there is.
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 09:37

I think this is the pertinent extract from the judgement

The Club spoke to Dorking, and to the League Secretary, to inform them of the position. Dorking wanted to the game to go ahead. The Club however ultimately took the decision that although it was able to field a full side, it ought not to do so because of health and welfare concerns for the players (and their families) involved in the fixture.

The RFU also noted that Hand Foot and Mouth is only catagorised in the same class a common cold 

While it is an admirable gesture by Tring to protect their players, it went against the RFU rules and they were aware of this when the decision was made and still chose to do this. I am sure we have all played in weakened sides at some point but always got bodies on the pitch at 1st team level, so i am not sure if you can simply decide you do not want to play and not take the penalty? If it was a home game maybe but as it was an away game there is also a financial implication for the other side in terms of lunch and beer sales. 

Edited by Shamrose - 19 Oct 2021 at 09:37
SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 11:25
I agree Shamrose. The integrity of the league is important. That weekend, Tring played a 3rd XV on the Friday evening, and allowed the junior teams to play on Sunday. I understand that the virus is contagious, and therefore, they would have gained more credibility if they had cancelled their whole programme.   I also agree with the other comments. Dorking would have been very upset if their players had caught it.
We all have to abide by the rules of the RFU, so lets move on. No relegation this year, so, does it really matter. I am sure there will be more cancellations throughout this comeback season.
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 14:38
There are several scenarios that raise questions, so I am just asking?
If the game could not go ahead because of extreme weather conditions it would be postponed and played at a later date, even if the away team had set off and completed the journey. Agreement between Referee and both clubs.
What would be the ruling if the away team had set off and on the journey became involved in a serious road accident with players injured?
What would be the ruling if the away team were delayed on their journey for a considerable time because of unforseen traffic problems? making the game unplayable.
I make no comment on the outstanding OFFICIAL appeal outcome.

Fezantplucker
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 15:00
Brighton 2-2 North Walsham
Cs Stags 1863 0-4 TRING
Havant 0-5 DORKING
HERTFORD 5-0 Tunbridge Wells
Sidcup 0-5 WIMBLEDON
Sutton& Epsom 0-5 SEVENOAKS
WESTCOMBE PARK 4-1 Maidenhead

Havant and Sutton the places to be this weekend. Good luck to all.

Fezantplucker
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 15:47
Brighton 0 - 4 North Walsham
CS Stags 0 - 5 Tring
Havant 1 - 4 Dorking
Hertford 4 - 0 Tunbridge Wells
Sidcup 0 - 5 Wimbledon
S & E 0 - 5 Sevenoaks
Westcombe Park 4 - 0 Maidenhead
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 15:58
Originally posted by FEZ ANT PLUCKER FEZ ANT PLUCKER wrote:

There are several scenarios that raise questions, so I am just asking?
If the game could not go ahead because of extreme weather conditions it would be postponed and played at a later date, even if the away team had set off and completed the journey. Agreement between Referee and both clubs.
What would be the ruling if the away team had set off and on the journey became involved in a serious road accident with players injured?
What would be the ruling if the away team were delayed on their journey for a considerable time because of unforseen traffic problems? making the game unplayable.
I make no comment on the outstanding OFFICIAL appeal outcome.

I think the offical appeal is now over and I dont think you can appeal a failed appeal?

Unfortunately I think we may see a lot of cases across the leagues of cancellations due to Covid but  there are Covid protocols to deal with this. However I think they were just reinforcing that if you do not field a side and there are not extraordinary circumstances, like the above examples where there they can take into account and can grant exemptions, the usual sanctions will apply.

Edited by Shamrose - 19 Oct 2021 at 16:08
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 16:10
Brighton 0-5 North Walsham
Civil Service   0-4 Tring
Havant 2-5 Dorking
Hertford 0-5 Tunbridge Wells
Sidcup 0-5 Wimbledon
Sutton and Epsom 0-5 Sevenoaks
Westcombe Park    4-1 Maidenhead
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 16:16
Originally posted by Shamrose Shamrose wrote:

I think this is the pertinent extract from the judgement

The Club spoke to Dorking, and to the League Secretary, to inform them of the position. Dorking wanted to the game to go ahead. The Club however ultimately took the decision that although it was able to field a full side, it ought not to do so because of health and welfare concerns for the players (and their families) involved in the fixture.

The RFU also noted that Hand Foot and Mouth is only catagorised in the same class a common cold 

While it is an admirable gesture by Tring to protect their players, it went against the RFU rules and they were aware of this when the decision was made and still chose to do this. I am sure we have all played in weakened sides at some point but always got bodies on the pitch at 1st team level, so i am not sure if you can simply decide you do not want to play and not take the penalty? If it was a home game maybe but as it was an away game there is also a financial implication for the other side in terms of lunch and beer sales. 

I have to say it is unfortunate that it came out this way but I think the way the RFU regulations are written, the RFU had no choice in law but to dismiss. It is right that Tring are trying to protect their players and those of others but the fact they did admit they could have fielded a team that had no symptoms and yet chose not to when Dorking said they wanted to play; does mean the LSE RFU have to follow the rules as written.  I have a little bit sympathy for them over this.

Dorking will get their beer and lunch though because the original ruling did say that the fixtures are now switched so the return game is in Dorking and Tring forfeit their home game.

Edited by Robb - 19 Oct 2021 at 16:18
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 17:09
I think it is good to see the Forum back to normal where you can put something out for it to be discussed and get reasoned responsesClap 

I think by combining the little bits we all know, we can get the full picture from all sides
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 08:31
Brighton North Walsham 4-1 Brighton to record home win 
CS Stags 1863 Tring 0-5 Long winter months ahead for CS 
Havant Dorking 2-5 Match of the day, home side could edge it 
Hertford Tunbridge Wells 5-0 Easy home win 
Sidcup Wimbledon 0-5 Could be another big home loss for Cup 
Sutton and Epsom Sevenoaks 0-5 Sevenoaks hitting some form 
Westcombe Park Maidenhead 1-4 Although this might be the other way, all a home win will do is paper over the Combe cracks, very lucky no relegation  
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:07
Brighton 0-5 North Walsham
Civil Service  0-5 Tring
Havant 1-5 Dorking
Hertford 5-0 Tunbridge Wells
Sidcup 0-5 Wimbledon
Sutton and Epsom 0-5 Sevenoaks
Westcombe Park    5-1 Maidenhead
The older I get, the better I was.
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 18:03
BRIGHTON 4 NW 1
CS 1 TRING 4
HERTFORD 4 TW 1
SIDCUP 0 WIMBLEDON 5
SE 0 SEVENOAKS 5
WP 5 MAIDENHEAD 0
HAVANT 4 DORKING  1
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 19:08
Brighton North Walsham     2-5     NW to take the honours in a high scoring fun fest.
CS Stags 1863 Tring                    0-5     Tring to take CS apart.
Havant Dorking                3-3     Why not? 
Hertford Tunbridge Wells     5-0     If Hertford are to be contenders in May this is the sort of game they need to dominate. Fingers crossed.
Sidcup Wimbledon            0-5     Sorry Sid, just can't see any other score.
Sutton and Epsom Sevenoaks             2-5     Close one maybe now that S&E will have the boost of a win.
Westcombe Park Maidenhead            2-5    Could go either way so a bit of a punt.
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 22:21
BRIGHTON 1 NW 4
CS 1 TRING 4
HERTFORD 5 TW 0
SIDCUP 0 WIMBLEDON 5
SE 0 SEVENOAKS 5
WP 4 MAIDENHEAD 1
HAVANT 0 DORKING 5 
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 08:29
Brighton 1 - 5 North Walsham
CS Stags 0 - 5 Tring
Havant 0 - 5 Dorking
Hertford 5 - 0 Tunbridge Wells
Sidcup 0 - 5 Wimbledon
Sutton & Epsom 0 - 5 Sevenoaks
Westcombe Park 4 - 1 Maidenhead
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic