National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

LSE Premier Promotion / Relegation predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSE Premier Promotion / Relegation predictions
    Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 18:54
With the League now 6 games old, the table is starting to take shape. I wondered if people wanted to make an early top 3 / bottom 3 prediction.
I will start it off: (no particular order)
Top: Wimbledon, Hertford, Sevenoaks
Bottom: Tunbridge Wells, Maidenhead, Westcombe Park
Lord_Kitchener View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 06:13
There is no relegation this season. There are 2 guaranteed promotion spots with a possible 3rd.

Top 3 - Dorking, Wimbledon, Sevenoaks
Bottom 3 - CS Stags, Maidenhead, Westcombe Park
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 06:57
I agree with top 3, Sevenoaks interesting, seem to be really finding their feet.

Westcombe Pk, with the only full time fully paid D of R in the league should not be in this position.
Something is very clearly wrong, I can see them and Stags fighting out for bottom spot.

In no order 

Dorking, Sevenoaks, Sevenoaks top 3 

Bottom 3 - CS Stags, Sidcup, Westcombe Park
@boatyjames View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @boatyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 08:30
On current form I would say Dorking & Sevenoaks 1&2 with Wimbledon 3.
I watched our (Wโ€™s) match v Havant on Saturday and whilst we deserved to win, it could easily have gone the other way. Havantโ€™s pack was massive and if they had a bit better game play they would be a real handful. Our continuity and attacking pattern was better than Hโ€™s but in the end sheer physicality will become increasingly important as the weather closes in so I can see Havant winning many of their games. They must be a decent punt for a top 3 slot as well, possible at our expense.
Our next mig match up is against Sevenoaks in mid November and we will know a bit mote after that game.
Karlos F View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 12:02
Thought Sevenoaks looked a class side
last Saturday, Dorking are also in my top three.
So Don's or Havant, going on form think Don's 
will do enough.
North Walsham bit of a dark horse...
Bottom 3 no idea, and with no relegation this season
don't think it matters too much, but 3 of the bottom
5 sides as it it stands today.

Home to North Walsham this weekend, Oktoberfest
and RFU top brass down, what could possibly go wrong ๐Ÿง

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 20:17
I thought there would be no relegation this season?
RAID ON
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 22:30
Having played the top four I thought I'd give some thoughts

DORKING..my tip for being top when the fat bird grunts..even though we should've won it at the death last week with a kick at the posts  unfortunately it wasn't to be ! Dorking came at us from the off like a train and I feared the worst as they are a very good outfit but our boys eventually woke up and took it to the wire. A great atmosphere as always at the lane was added to by the travelling Dorking deckchair clad old boys๐Ÿ˜

WIMBLEDON.. another good side who's  backline shift the ball out very quickly  and have a lightning quick winger and are gonna be thereabouts  at the end of the season, yet another game we couldve won but just fell short

SEVENOAKS.. they had a game plan that didn't  let us get going at any point whatsoever, our lineout was awful for some reason that day? And they took full advantage, if Adam  can keep them firing I can easily see them being runners up

NORTH WALSHAM..difficult one this as the game was played in atrocious  conditions,we took full advantage  of the wind direction in the first half and our boys had done the damage. In the second half their rolling maul was very good  and it was their turn to have the wind at their backs but our defence is made of stern stuff and we kept them out for what seemed an age and came out on top. Its the longest journey in the league and am looking forward to a friday night journey to carrot cruncher land in January!
SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:46
Good points Tony.
I thought Havant were terrific on Saturday. It is true that Dorking should have been 30 points up in the first 30 mins, although the way Havant fought back was great to see. By the way, its a fantastic ground. all you need is decent changing rooms!
I guess 3 will get promoted.......Dorking, Wimbledon and Havant.
None of the top teams have played each other yet. At end of December, the table will show a fuller story. If Havant can beat all the lower sides which Dorking and Wimbledon have played, they should be up there. TW's results are impressive as well, so they are definitely in the mix.
The issue for Dorking is strength in depth. They don't have any. Against Sidcup, it is now a 2nd team front row, which will make this a test. Expect a very close game tomorrow.

In terms of bottom 3.....(lucky there is no relegation):   CS Stags, Brighton and Maidenhead.

By the way, Tring are allowed to appeal against the judgement of losing their points. That is why we are still waiting.
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 11:27
For what it's worth until everyone has played each other, not necessarily in any order, 
Top 3 Dorking, Sevenoaks and Wimbledon, with Havant the ones to watch if the others falter.
Bottom 3 CS Stags, Maidenhead and Tunbridge Wells.

The older I get, the better I was.
Kentish Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentish Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 14:02
I think the 2 Surrey county players in the Dorking front row would disagree somewhat !

FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 17:00
Originally posted by SurreyRugby SurreyRugby wrote:

Good points Tony.
I thought Havant were terrific on Saturday. It is true that Dorking should have been 30 points up in the first 30 mins, although the way Havant fought back was great to see. By the way, its a fantastic ground. all you need is decent changing rooms!
None of the top teams have played each other yet. At end of December, the table will show a fuller story. If Havant can beat all the lower sides which Dorking and Wimbledon have played, they should be up there. TW's results are impressive as well, so they are definitely in the mix.
The issue for Dorking is strength in depth. They don't have any. Against Sidcup, it is now a 2nd team front row, which will make this a test. Expect a very close game tomorrow.

In terms of bottom 3.....(lucky there is no relegation):   CS Stags, Brighton and Maidenhead.

By the way, Tring are allowed to appeal against the judgement of losing their points. That is why we are still waiting.

Hmmm Interesting. Despite lots of speculative comments on this topic and innuendo, I noticed on LondonRFU.Com under tab fixtures, they show the only fixture on Saturday 20th November is Dorking v Tring. Amidst all the confusion and uncertainty this would indicate to me that the game was postponed and now re-arranged. Far from me to look too much into this, but if correct and final, it is fair to assume that Tring have saved their points deduction, and also their reverse fixture at home. What I dont understand is why there is no official RFU statement on the outcomeConfused
Fezantplucker
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 17:18
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

DORKING..my tip for being top when the fat bird grunts..even though we should've won it at the death last week with a kick at the posts  unfortunately it wasn't to be ! Dorking came at us from the off like a train and I feared the worst as they are a very good outfit but our boys eventually woke up and took it to the wire. A great atmosphere as always at the lane was added to by the travelling Dorking deckchair clad old boys๐Ÿ˜

WIMBLEDON.. another good side who's  backline shift the ball out very quickly  and have a lightning quick winger and are gonna be thereabouts  at the end of the season, yet another game we couldve won but just fell short

SEVENOAKS.. they had a game plan that didn't  let us get going at any point whatsoever, our lineout was awful for some reason that day? And they took full advantage, if Adam  can keep them firing I can easily see them being runners up

NORTH WALSHAM..difficult one this as the game was played in atrocious  conditions,we took full advantage  of the wind direction in the first half and our boys had done the damage. In the second half their rolling maul was very good  and it was their turn to have the wind at their backs but our defence is made of stern stuff and we kept them out for what seemed an age and came out on top. Its the longest journey in the league and am looking forward to a friday night journey to carrot cruncher land in January!
Fair comments Tony and Havants match report also a fair reflection of the game. It was good to meet you but shame we didnt get that pint. Too much going on and too much intensity on the game. What a difference to your Hooks Lane set up since my last visit in 2012. Love the stadium/clubhouse/pitch and Bobs bar, (albeit the squash players of Havant might not agree)
It was a game of two halves where both defences performed really well. Too close to call at 19-20 and I was certain your lads would win with either of those 2 missed pens, although the ref was blindsighted in awarding the last and missed the Hav knock on. Maybe we just deserved the 4pts.
Look forward to that pint at The Big Field on 12th February. Good luck with your season. 
Fezantplucker
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 18:13

What about the disallowed try to Dorking when Havantโ€™s over exuberant touch judge raised his flag? 
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 18:16
Originally posted by Kentish Man Kentish Man wrote:

I think the 2 Surrey county players in the Dorking front row would disagree somewhat !

Helps when the Surrey (Dorking) Coach chose a predominate Dorking team last time round from his own players. ๐Ÿ‘€
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord_Kitchener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 18:17
Originally posted by FEZ ANT PLUCKER FEZ ANT PLUCKER wrote:

Originally posted by SurreyRugby SurreyRugby wrote:

Good points Tony.

Hmmm Interesting. Despite lots of speculative comments on this topic and innuendo, I noticed on LondonRFU.Com under tab fixtures, they show the only fixture on Saturday 20th November is Dorking v Tring. Amidst all the confusion and uncertainty this would indicate to me that the game was postponed and now re-arranged. Far from me to look too much into this, but if correct and final, it is fair to assume that Tring have saved their points deduction, and also their reverse fixture at home. What I dont understand is why there is no official RFU statement on the outcomeConfused

The outcome of the first appeal is being appealed, hence the delay.
Kentish Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentish Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 19:06
When one of those props was playing for Wild Geese!

Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 19:46
Originally posted by Lord_Kitchener Lord_Kitchener wrote:

Originally posted by Kentish Man Kentish Man wrote:

Helps when the Surrey (Dorking) Coach chose a predominate Dorking team last time round from his own players. ๐Ÿ‘€

Interesting addition to the Sidcup front row according to the team sheet published for tomorrow 

Scutt โ€ฆ ex Blackheath and OEs 

SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 20:48
He has an interesting cv
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 00:06
FEZ ANT PLUCKER
Will definitely  get you a pint when we come to your place, sorry we didnt meet again afterwards and have a pint of HSB and talk about how lucky you were to win ๐Ÿ˜   glad you enjoyed the "HAV" hospitality and hope your man with the TESLA managed to get away without it being robbed of its batteries(we are situated on the edge of the biggest housing estate In Europe after all!!)   Always good fun when a team brings a decent following to the lane which  doesn't  happen often and your lot were good value
Good luck for the rest of the season except  when we play you again of course ๐Ÿ˜

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 30 Oct 2021 at 00:31
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 10:36

FEZ ANT PLUCKER
Will definitely  get you a pint when we come to your place, sorry we didnt meet again afterwards and have a pint of HSB and talk about how lucky you were to win ๐Ÿ˜   glad you enjoyed the "HAV" hospitality and hope your man with the TESLA managed to get away without it being robbed of its batteries(we are situated on the edge of the biggest housing estate In Europe after all!!)   Always good fun when a team brings a decent following to the lane which  doesn't  happen often and your lot were good value
Good luck for the rest of the season except  when we play you again of course ๐Ÿ˜

HaHa. He had sufficient security and we were back by 5.30Smile
Fezantplucker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic