National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National 1 Prediction league 2022 week 9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 20:39
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

The 6th is the next free weekend, so would be the default. Presumably, further covid-19 cases could cause another delay.

You have to take in the 10 days self isolation. 
Cauliflower ear.
Jasper99 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasper99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 23:11
Cambridge1 v 4 Darlington Mowden Park DMP back up previous week's great result
Plymouth 2 v 2 Caldy Can Caldy deal with Plymouth's retro maul?
Rams 4 v 2 Sale  Home win, but the dogs will do their homework and score a few
Rosslyn Park 2 v 4 Cinderford Cinderford love the fight, Park probably don't like it up them and won't contain the Cinderford scrum or juggernaught maul
Tonbridge Juddians 1 v 5 Chinnor Tonbridge struggling with life at this level and making too many mistakes 
Jezmar View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 07:50
 Cambridge 1 v 4 Darlington Mowden Park
 Plymouth Albion 1 v 4 Caldy
 Rams 5 v 1 Sale FC
 Rosslyn Park 1 v 4 Cinderford
 Tonbridge Juddians 0 v 5 Chinnor
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 08:50
Originally posted by kingsheathlad kingsheathlad wrote:

Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

The 6th is the next free weekend, so would be the default. Presumably, further covid-19 cases could cause another delay.

You have to take in the 10 days self isolation. 

5th Feb 2022 I suspect. I've forgotten what a home game is, with the lockdown and 5 of the first 7 being away fixtures!
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
Silverleys View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 17:10
Cambridge 1 v 4 Darlington Mowden Park
 Rams 5 v 0 Sale FC
 Rosslyn Park 1 v 4 Cinderford
 Tonbridge Juddians 0 v 5 Chinnor
Beware the law of unintended consequences
Park 13b View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park 13b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 20:21
Cambridge 1 v 5 Darlington Mowden Park 
 Rams 5 v 1 Sale FC 
 Rosslyn Park 2 v 5 Cinderford 
 Taunton 4 v 1 Birmingham Moseley 
 Tonbridge Juddians 1 v 4 Chinnor 
Park Ranger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 06:57
Cambridge 1 DMP 5
DMP finally getting their act together

PA 4 Caldy 1
Another team who are starting to turn the corner

Rams 4 Sale 1
No slip up for Rams at home

RP 4 Cindy 1
The game of the round - can Cindy be as effective on the 4G pitch - a titanic forward battle
Needs to stay dry for Park to edge it

T 1 Chinnor 4
Chinnor just have too much for the newly promoted team
If you're not on the pitch you can't win the game
Victor View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 07:25
Cambridge 4 v 1 Darlington Mowden Park
 Plymouth Albion 4 v 1 Caldy
 Rams 5 v 1 Sale FC
 Rosslyn Park 4 v 1 Cinderford
 Tonbridge Juddians 1 v 4 Chinnor
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 08:06
Cambridge v Darlington Mowden Park  1-5 DMP looked good last week, with the Passman and Lockwood from Newcastle on loan in their ranks they look a different side. Although Cambridge result at Chinnor was good, I think DMP have woken up and will start to be a force.If it stays dry Passman v Asiedu could be one battle royal on the wing. I am sure Mr Williams can put a media spin on it!

Plymouth Albion v Caldy 5-0 Massive away trip for Caldy and I think there will be a hangover from last weeks 20 minutes. How can you be 47-5 up in total control against a bottom 2 side and nearly lose at home? Albi great result against a very poor and very under performing Blackheath side has lifted them.

Rams v Sale FC 4-1 Rams are just not clicking as Ive said the last 2 weeks, I think they threw so must into beating the city slickers
, they have taken their eye off it a little. I have them to win, its by not a lot as Sale on the road and Sale at home are two different sides!

Rosslyn Park v Cinderford 1-4 Game of the round, so Park will want it dry and throw it about on the plastic, preen their feathers, baseball caps on back to front 90's boy band style and off out and about in Fulham telling all how they should be in the Champ. Cindy will be a band of brothers that have a small squad and have got here with no money just bloody hard work and will die for each other, something the City slickers cannot buy
I don't see Park winning enough ball up front, Dawe at loose head is a big loss since he joined from Elthamians and the 2 and 3 are also from OEs, who could play for sure, but were not the best tight pack. I think it will be close but I just think that Cindy will enjoy the trip home and week off, with the Cindy front 5 taking the spoils and the game! It will also leave the city slickers a mountain to climb if this is the case, as this feels very much like a season defining game for them!

Tonbridge Juddians v Chinnor 0-5 TJs nearly pulled it out off the fire last week 47-5 down with 20 to go picked up 2 points. Take that away, they were totally outplayed for 55 minutes against a side in the bottom 3rd of the table. They have shown some guts, come back at Moseley, close v Cindy but on a whole have been 
outplayed by nearly every side.They now have a run of Chinnor, Cambridge, Plymouth and DMP, on a pitch that is damp in mid July, they are now going to find out what National 1 is all about with the weather closing in. Chinnor will have a rocket up them this week at training and will come out with a bang. The question is will Chinnor's lead be big enough to hang on for the last 20, one thing that will help is the wind and the rain.

With 2 games not being played it feels light this week,I hope all at Moseley are ok and safe with the COVID outbreak, but there is one game that stands out.
So here is a question, just like match of the day and rugby special when it was on.
Why is the TV show not coming from The Rock this week? It is what everybody wants to see, City Slickers with huff and puff v Band of Brothers from the forest.With the greatest respect to both Rams and Sale, that is not the game of the week. Bit of flexibility over a season called for by the people who arrange that Id suggest, because Id know what Id rather be watching!

As normal, don't take offence all said in jestWink

Edited by Scrumtime - 29 Oct 2021 at 13:14
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:46
Late Predictions this week
Cambridge 1 v 5 Darlington Mowden Park 
Plymouth 4 v 1 Caldy
Rams 4 v 1 Sale FC
Rosslyn Park 4 v 1 Cinderford - A must win game for RP in the promotion race - MOTD
Tonbridge Juddians 1 v 5 Chinnor 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
dwinpenn View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwinpenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 12:11
Cambridge 4-1 Darlington Mowden Park
Plymouth 1-4 Caldy
Rams 5-1 Sale
Rosslyn Park 1-4 Cinderford
Tonbridge Juddians 1-5 Chinnor
Dave Winpenny
"Confused and old"
Wreck View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 13:01
Cambridge 5-1 Darlington Mowden Park
Plymouth Albion 5-0 Caldy
Rams 5-0 Sale FC
Rosslyn Park 4-0 Cinderford
Tonbridge Juddians 1-4 Chinnor
Welshie7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 14:25
Cambridge v Darlington Mowden Park  1-5 

Plymouth Albion v Caldy 5-1

Rams v Sale FC 5-1 

Rosslyn Park v Cinderford 1-4 

Tonbridge Juddians v Chinnor 0-5
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 16:02
Cambridge 1-4 Darlington Mowden Park: as others have said, DMP getting their act together. Just as well Taunton played them first up methinks!
Plymouth Albion 4-1 Caldy: Similar with Plymouth
Rams 4-0 Sale FC: Rams too strong at home
Rosslyn Park 4-1 Cinderford: again as others have said, game of the week, could go either way but going with RP
Tonbridge Juddians 1-5 Chinnor: Think Chinnor will have too much for battling TJs

Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
Park Ranger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 06:33
The earlier post by Scrumtime (said in jest - no offence whatsoever taken in this dull politically correct society) prompted me to recall a trip I made to Cinderford from Rosslyn Park about 20 years ago. No unsocial media or smartphones to tarnish a good day out. I travelled with the Park team bus at the front in business class and on arrival at Cinderford was of course immediately greeted by the friendly Cinderford committee members that I had previously plied with alcohol at the earlier fixture in London.
After several energizing pre lunch gin and tonics I had arranged to meet an old school friend (Bath member) who fancied a break from watching their England players - my friend made the mistake of arriving in his brand new BMW convertible sports car which drew the attention of several local youths in the car park. To ensure that his wheels were still intact at the end of the match I gave the youth leader a tenner with the promise of another fifty if he guarded the car.
Park won the match - he had a great lunch on the Cinderford top table with me and his car had been cleaned when he returned to the car park. After arriving back in London on the team bus I joined the players in a Fulham wine bar to celebrate an away win.
I do have a nice bottle of Pol Roger on ice for 4.30pm today which will be 10.30pm my time.
Its going to be a close game.
If you're not on the pitch you can't win the game
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 07:44
Things just don’t change Ranger, nice story oh for the old days to return!! 
Flackman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 11:52
Cambridge 5-1 Darlington Mowden Park
Plymouth 5-1 Caldy
Rams 2-5 Sale
Rosslyn Park 5-1 Cinderford
Taunton 5-1 Birmingham Moseley
Tonbridge Juddians 5-2 Chinnor
Western Terrace @ the Rock
ParkBench View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkBench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 11:57
Cambridge 5-1 DMP
Plymouth 5-1 Caldy
Rams 1-4 Sale
Rosslyn Park 5-2 Cinderford
Taunton 5-1 Birmingham Moseley
Tonbridge Juddians 4-1 Chinnor
ExPat View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExPat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 12:04
Cambridge 1-5 DMP
Plymouth 5-0 Caldy
Rams 4-1 Sale
Rosslyn 4-1 Cinderford 
Taunton 2-2 Birmingham
Tonbridge 4-1 Chinnor
Ian Shep
Sid Wheel View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid Wheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 12:15
Cambridge 1-5 Darlington Mowden Park
Plymouth 5-1 Caldy
Rams 5-2 Sale
Rosslyn Park 4-1 Cinderford
Tonbridge Juddians 4-1 Chinnor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic