National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

LSE1 Week 8 Results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSE1 Week 8 Results
    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 13:25

Well another high scoring week and more bonus points. Fatty1973, alacadoo trainee and Clueless like most, were all one step away from immortality with the first 6 matches correct in both score and results. All fell at the last hurdle although Fatty1973 and alacadoo trainee did go for Tring so got all 7 results right so get an additional 3pts each. Lowest score was 24 so no damage done if you didn’t post.

Clueless like most adds to his lead at the top but plenty of games left and hopefully the results will be harder to pick as the ground get wetter and the weather less clement

Tipster Week 7 Leader
Clueless like most 30 199
Kentish Man 27 190
Ghanian Eagle 28 189
SurreyRugby 30 185
Ancient Oak 27 182
Fez Ant Plucker 29 181
Dickon 28 181
alacadoo trainee 36 180
Carlos Fandango 26 179
Fatty1973 37 172
Bruce Elliot 25 167
Karlos F 26 166
Westcombe Ranger 24 166
Havant Tony 28 165
Scumtime 24 163
Big Chief 30 162
Robb 24 162
Welshie 27 159
Shamrose 25 154
Lord Kitchener 25 153
Fat bear 24 153
@boatyjames 29 150
Wally 25 150
dave2dave 28 148
Oyster Catcher 28 146
MaidsBoy 24 146
Thunderpants 28 144
anonymous 25 132

WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 18:06
This Prediction thread is fascinating- I wonder how many tipsters actually tip with a view of trying to be objective or do we let our hearts rule our heads. 
The older I get, the better I was.
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 19:18
Originally posted by WESTCOMBE RANGER WESTCOMBE RANGER wrote:

This Prediction thread is fascinating- I wonder how many tipsters actually tip with a view of trying to be objective or do we let our hearts rule our heads. 

Hi WR. To some extent you are right as not many will back against their own club, unless the odds are really stacked against them. In the past there have been some real upsets to contradict that theory, but mainly this season the results have gone to form. However the top four teams this year have not met each other yet afaik, so loyalty might become an issue or points get sacrificed. 
Fezantplucker
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 13:24
Hi Fez Ant,

The profiles of the current top 4 leaders of this prediction table quote their clubs to be:
East Grinstead - Clueless like Most
Harliquins - Kentish Man
Sevenoaks - Ghanian Eagle 
Dorking - Surrey Rugby
So Clueless Like Most can be very objective. 
Kentish Man changes his profile quite often, so haven't got a clue - Somewhere down the A21 is the nearest I can get, but his inability to spell probably rules out Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells, as well as TJs. 
Ghanaian Eagle and Surrey Rugby have the unenviable task of explaining to their clubmates why they predicted their side to lose should they ever do so. 

Just a thought and a bit of fun before the PC Police wade in on me. 
Ranger

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 03 Nov 2021 at 13:25
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 14:15

..."the unenviable task of explaining to their clubmates why they predicted their side to lose should they ever do so." 

I know it wasn't aimed at me, but a broad note on posting losses...

I'm sure I've posted a TW loss at some point... but it's rare.  Most of the time I don't go beyond a 4-1.  Sometimes a 4-1 is a 4-1... other times it's... not! Ha.  With my own name on it I'm more open to getting called out by anyone at the club... but honestly, I don't think it would happen, and I wouldn't be fussed if it did.  I'm reluctant to post a loss because I support my club... not because of any concerns of others opinions.  I suspect most others on here are in a similar position.  It's not nice suggesting your side is going to lose!  

Are you there on Saturday WR?  Feel free to say hello to the TW photographer if you are.
SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 15:46
Hi Ranger, Proud to be a Dorking supporter........I will have some decisions to make when we play Sevenoaks and Wimbledon. Depends if we win the next 3 against Brighton, Sutton and Tring.
North Walsham, Tring, Hertford and Havant look reasonably tasty too.
Oyster Catcher View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oyster Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 15:47
WR,
Very good of you to believe that everyone in Sevenoaks can spell correctly, but our very own "Ghanian Eagle" abused you of this notion, while you spelt "Ghanaian" correctly!
Ghanian Eagle View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghanian Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 16:49
I've waited 8 rounds for someone to spot my deliberate spelling mistake.

Kentish Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentish Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 17:13
Well it was not going to be me !
dave2dave View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave2dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 20:35

Always the heart but enjoy someone breaking the ice for you.

Wimbledon playing the week before Dorkings opponents is always a helping hand , I remember Tring had it a few seasons ago with Barnes smashing the teams for us to play the next week

FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 20:39

Hi Fez Ant,

The profiles of the current top 4 leaders of this prediction table quote their clubs to be:
East Grinstead - Clueless like Most
Harliquins - Kentish Man
Sevenoaks - Ghanian Eagle 
Dorking - Surrey Rugby
So Clueless Like Most can be very objective. 
Kentish Man changes his profile quite often, so haven't got a clue - Somewhere down the A21 is the nearest I can get, but his inability to spell probably rules out Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells, as well as TJs. 
Ghanaian Eagle and Surrey Rugby have the unenviable task of explaining to their clubmates why they predicted their side to lose should they ever do so. 

Just a thought and a bit of fun before the PC Police wade in on me. 
Ranger

Aha WR, some interesting analysis there, but the profiles only suggest a club association and IMO are far from accurate and definitiveWink. My profile and club are not in doubt, but at Dorking we have an inquisition ongoing between a few of us who are trying to identify two of our own. Surrey Rugby and none less than our own forum leader Shamrose. Strong clues exist, but so far nobody making any admissions. The latter suggesting an Irish/English connection, and association with Ealing Trailfinders,Confused who has to travel abroad for work. I shall not name anyone, but a few of us are getting quite close. Doesnt this make this forum all the more intriguing. As you say a bit of fun in the mix. 
Fezantplucker
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 08:15
Are you there on Saturday WR?  Feel free to say hello to the TW photographer if you are.[/QUOTE]
I shall be there and say hello, but don't take my pictureSmile
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 08:29
Originally posted by Ghanian Eagle Ghanian Eagle wrote:

I've waited 8 rounds for someone to spot my deliberate spelling mistake.
Could have been worse, you could have waited eight rounds before someone realised you were in the round. 🍺
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:23
Originally posted by FEZ ANT PLUCKER FEZ ANT PLUCKER wrote:

[QUOTE=WESTCOMBE RANGER]Hi Fez Ant,

Surrey Rugby and none less than our own forum leader Shamrose. Strong clues exist, but so far nobody making any admissions. The latter suggesting an Irish/English connection, and association with Ealing Trailfinders,Confused who has to travel abroad for work. I shall not name anyone, but a few of us are getting quite close. Doesnt this make this forum all the more intriguing. As you say a bit of fun in the mix. 

I always find hiding in plain sight to be an effective toolWink. I played colts and senior rugby for Ealing back in the 80's so as far as playing rugby is concerned Ealing will always be my club and i get up there to meet my old mates to watch a few games a year. However having moved to Dorking 13 years ago i am also very much a Dorking supporter, although i don't own one of the dodgy blazers! Dorking is very much like Ealing was back in the day, a good community club, with an old style club house, and with some interesting supporters to say the least.Big smile 

SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 18:35
Have a guess Fez Ant. I will be at Brighton on Saturday, all the best
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 12:12

I shall be there and say hello, but don't take my pictureSmile

Ha.  Of course.  It should be an interesting afternoon! I'm looking forward to it. 

See you there! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic