National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Week 7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 15:52
all those people who thought Ealing would lose this week!!! Was never going to happen
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 16:11
Cov 30-7 Nottm (3t-1t) 46 mins.
Most Cov points from Academy boys James (2t) and Mitchell so far.
Our City,
Our Club
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 16:13
Knights 32 Mond 5 77 mins 

Yc for volpi
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 16:15
Reds 32 Hartpury 17 - 5 tries to 2. It was tight at 5-3 with a minute to play in 1st half but Red tries after 39/41/54 opened up a winning lead...
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 16:27
More points for Mitchell: 35-7 (4t-1t)
Our City,
Our Club
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 16:43
Ealing 50 BP - Bedford 7 79'
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 16:45
Cov 35-12 Nottm (4t-2t). 77 mins

FT

Edited by Kimbo - 06 Nov 2021 at 17:16
Our City,
Our Club
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 16:53
Blues win 2nd half 14-12 and try of the game but lose!
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 16:59
Knights 37 Mond 5 ft
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 18:39
In the top match of the day:
IT’S A SIAM WIN!!! Flag of Guernsey 13 Flag of Jersey14
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 18:50
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Blues win 2nd half 14-12 and try of the game but lose!

Top quality spin Clap
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 19:26
Ealing 50 BP - Bedford 7 (2T) FT on case you havent seen elsewhere by now
Bigbluepip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 22:11
Bedford second by a long way today, Ealing blew us away in the first half, I thought they played really good rugby, we were much improved in the 2nd half, but too little too late. The Ealing 7 is a menace at most breakdowns, really slowed our game in the first half, and Ealing seemed to have extra players all over today, especially on the left wing, for most of the first half. They were very clinical, made sure a visit to our 22 resulted in a score, fair play to them, they are big, strong, well drilled and fast, played the game at  great pace.

Edited by Bigbluepip - 06 Nov 2021 at 22:23
I want you all to line up in a circle and pair up in three's alphabetically by height.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 22:55
For me, there were two big positives in Ealing's game today:

1. Their defense. The Ealing defense was aggressive, while largely still retaining its shape. The best example was around the 30 minute mark when Bedford got the ball on the Ealing ten meter line, and over the course of eight or nine phases they pushed Bedford back to their own ten meter line. In previous years, I think Ealing pushes too hard for the turnover, gets out of shape, and allows a break down the middle.

2. Scoring from play. Unlike previous years, I've been seeing a lot more scoring from play, as opposed to from rolling mauls. They've looked really crisp for the last four games.

3. Non-rugby related - the bacon cheeseburger at Goldington Road was absolutely delicious. Mmmm....
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 08:35
That was the best Ealing side I have seen over the many seasons since their return to Championship.   It could have been a closer match, however the Blues 12 and 13 channels leaked like a sieve in the first half and you don’t give a side like Ealing that opportunity without punishment.  Better in 2nd half, but far too late to make a game of it. I thought their No7 was superb.  A good learning experience for the younger blues players.

Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 11:21
Blues outclassed in the first half. As others have said, our defence in the 12 channel was awful and Gordon made about 3 breaks leading to tries by simply running at pace at the channel. Litchfield may have shored it up and I don’t think it was coincidence we actually won the period of the game when we replaced Grayson for Grimoldby.

Thought the ref actually had a decent game. My only gripe, and I said the same thing last year, is Bobby De Wee needs to calm down. The way he acts on the pitch is pathetic and embarrassing. They were 50 points up and he is still questioning every referee decision (despite not being captain), screaming and patting everyone on the back after every penalty. I hate to see what he’s like if they are losing! He’s a great player and I’m sure I’d love him if he played for my team but I mentioned last season when I watched Ealing games on TV that his behaviour on the pitch is ridiculous and clearly nothing has changed. It rubs off on the other players but it clearly stems from him and doesn’t help endear Ealing to opposition fans. Was a shame we no longer have Toops to have a word with him…

Edited by Bluesman11 - 07 Nov 2021 at 11:23
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 14:42
 QUOTE Bluesman :          Blues outclassed in the first half. As others have said, our defence in the 12 channel was awful and Gordon made about 3 breaks leading to tries by simply running at pace at the channel. Litchfield may have shored it up and I don’t think it was coincidence we actually won the period of the game when we replaced Grayson for Grimoldby.

The considerable wind and slope advantage also contributed to the score in the second half. Ealing Trailfinders also stepped off the gas by a percentage or two. 

Bobby De Wee is an exceptional player at this level but like you I dislike his whooping and yelling at every opportunity. I do not think it enters his mind that he needs to endear him self to the opposition supporters . His actual contribution to the game is outstanding , tackling / defence , metres made on carries, off loads, lineout completions and steals. 
I think the over zealous jubilation detracts from his game but I forgive him. I think any championship team would like to have in their squad.

My son was with me yesterday and he said to me what a wonderful ground Goldington road is.  
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 15:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJ-YoN1KTI

High lights Bedford Blues V Ealing Trailfinders

Bombay Duck View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombay Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 15:54
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Blues outclassed in the first half. As others have said, our defence in the 12 channel was awful and Gordon made about 3 breaks leading to tries by simply running at pace at the channel. Litchfield may have shored it up and I don’t think it was coincidence we actually won the period of the game when we replaced Grayson for Grimoldby.

Thought the ref actually had a decent game. My only gripe, and I said the same thing last year, is Bobby De Wee needs to calm down. The way he acts on the pitch is pathetic and embarrassing. They were 50 points up and he is still questioning every referee decision (despite not being captain), screaming and patting everyone on the back after every penalty. I hate to see what he’s like if they are losing! He’s a great player and I’m sure I’d love him if he played for my team but I mentioned last season when I watched Ealing games on TV that his behaviour on the pitch is ridiculous and clearly nothing has changed. It rubs off on the other players but it clearly stems from him and doesn’t help endear Ealing to opposition fans. Was a shame we no longer have Toops to have a word with him…
Bobby de Wee got so frantic when losing at Pirates, he got 10 min in the bin. Seemed to calm him down a bit

Edited by Bombay Duck - 07 Nov 2021 at 15:57
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 17:37
That was very early in the game. Sarah Cox wasn’t prepared to put up with his antics.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic