National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

RFU Survey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westcoaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RFU Survey
    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 16:04
Good to see the RFU inviting supporters views on the future of the Championship.
Do us all a favour and fill it in 
And ideally support the idea of more teams in the Championship.
With promotion and relegation without conditions
And less long gaps in the fixture list.........zzzzz
Come on Jersey........
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 16:25
Do you have a link?
Sweeney Delenda Est
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 16:40
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Do you have a link?

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 17:27
It does not actually ask anything about format.
It is a typical marketing thing - no real substance.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Westcoaster View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westcoaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 17:36
Not sure about that Camquin. 
I think the final question gives you ample scope to set out what you'd like to see
Come on Jersey........
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 20:06
Originally posted by Westcoaster Westcoaster wrote:

Not sure about that Camquin. 
I think the final question gives you ample scope to set out what you'd like to see
I'm to be convinced...
I filled it out a couple of hours-ish ago, and, as I think you did, went to some great lengths to make my points about substantial expansion of the league, plus guaranteed promotion and relegation, etc, but they've already set their moronic stall out on all of that, so...
But we'll see. Maybe.
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 20:07
Actually more like four hours ago. Tempus fugit an' all that.
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 20:09
Oh, and I may have gone a tad overboard on the subject of their pathetic 'cup' competitions.
Our City,
Our Club
Westcoaster View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westcoaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 21:27
And another thing....Friday evening rant Kimbo :-)
Come on Jersey........
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 21:50
Originally posted by Westcoaster Westcoaster wrote:

And another thing....Friday evening rant Kimbo :-)
Jameson's fuelled.

It's been a crap week(s) Wink
Our City,
Our Club
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 23:01
I may have let them have it as well. I hope everyone on here takes the 5 minutes to fill out the survey. Felt good to vent.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 11:01
I posted the review, on which apart from most of what the other posters here said I suggested that Academies are attached to Championship Clubs so that emerging players get to play sufficient time at a meaningful level.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 12:39
I  was chatting with Rowland Winter at the Cambridge natch, with no Coventry fixture he came to watch his old club. He is not impressed by the communication process.  He said, yes we are having a six-month consultation over something which we could have decided months ago. 
Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 13:23
Why a consultation now (when they've had almost two years contemplating their navels) and why does it take six months?
There's only 2 questions to be answered as far as I can see -
1) How many clubs do you want in your League?
2) Do you want a cup competition?
These prevarifications merely prolong the unknown implications for every club down the pyramid which appears to them to be a complete irrelevance 

Edited by Thatbloke - 14 Nov 2021 at 13:25
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 19:19
Neither of those questions are asked.

That told me everything I needed to know about that 'consultation'.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 19:28
So what can you actually decide upon until you've answered those two fairly straightforward simple questions - what colour balls you want to play with maybe? It can only mean further delays down the line I'm afraid and sod the rest of you - any sympathies these clubs may have enjoyed have now completely disappeared. Frustrated, bewildered, hacked-off - none of these phrases do it justice but absolute shambles certainly does!
To be honest I don't care what the eventual outcome is anymore - just want it sorted so the the rest of the pyramid (2000+clubs?) know what lies ahead

Edited by Thatbloke - 14 Nov 2021 at 19:32
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 09:04
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

So what can you actually decide upon until you've answered those two fairly straightforward simple questions - what colour balls you want to play with maybe? It can only mean further delays down the line I'm afraid and sod the rest of you - any sympathies these clubs may have enjoyed have now completely disappeared. Frustrated, bewildered, hacked-off - none of these phrases do it justice but absolute shambles certainly does!
To be honest I don't care what the eventual outcome is anymore - just want it sorted so the the rest of the pyramid (2000+clubs?) know what lies ahead

I think that's pretty fair actually, a huge amount of the pyramid below the Championship is in limbo entirely because they haven't got their act together about level 2 yet. Leaving aside level three for a moment (it's one division, so despite not having a clue how many are going up or down it's manageable), the potential for chaos at levels 4 and 5 (with complete uncertainty *and* the added fun of level transfers) is the main pain point of the current shambles. 
keep the faith
Oldman1 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 09:32
Lets be honest the full-time staff at the RFU have decided what they want. To them rugby below the Premiership does not exist. Was it not possible to have a zoom/teams meeting  of all the clubs involved plus a representative of the NLR with one item on the agenda and decide there and then what was to happen?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 10:05
It makes most difference at level 3 where it is between zero and seven clubs being promoted.
By level 6 that is a difference of one club per division, and below that less than that.
Now I do not believe the championship will stay at 10 teams, but nor did I think it likely that London Scottish would leave
Sweeney Delenda Est
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 10:30
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

It makes most difference at level 3 where it is between zero and seven clubs being promoted.
By level 6 that is a difference of one club per division, and below that less than that.
Now I do not believe the championship will stay at 10 teams, but nor did I think it likely that London Scottish would leave

Yes but I'd argue (as a supporter of a National 1 club so I'm not downplaying it for our teams) that the fact National 2 is simultaneously going to three leagues from two is going to create more problems. I'd argue that just about the worst place to potentially end up at the end of this season is the bottom of National 1, where you simultaneously don't know if you're going down, and if so to what/where...

Edited by billesleyexile - 15 Nov 2021 at 10:31
keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic