National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Statbunker?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whistle watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Statbunker?
    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 06:54
Is Statbunker the best place to find attacdance stats, or is there somewhere else that is accurate.  I've just looked for this season, and some of the numbers make no sense at all.

fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 08:18
I find the respective pages on Wikipedia to be fairly reliable. Here is the one for National League One 2021–22 National League 1 - Wikipedia
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 08:22
Sorry, just realised you were asking about the Championship ! 2021–22 RFU Championship - Wikipedia
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 09:16
They're all over the place.
For instance, Cov vs Richmond this season
Statbunker: 0
Wikipedia: 1453
Cov Webste: 2027

Take your pick.
Our City,
Our Club
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 15:03
From being there on the day, i'd say the middle one was most accurate. Was a very wet day.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 19:11
Originally posted by dropout22 dropout22 wrote:

From being there on the day, i'd say the middle one was most accurate. Was a very wet day.
So was I, and it was  pish-poor crowd by Cov's standards, but I wonder what motivation there would be to over-quote?
Our City,
Our Club
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 22:36
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

So was I, and it was  pish-poor crowd by Cov's standards, but I wonder what motivation there would be to over-quote?
I'd imagine they just as a general rule of thumb, add season ticket holders onto the amount of tickets sold to generate attendances? As opposed to just trying to overquote.

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 23:04
I suppose it depends on whether you have some way of counting the number of season ticket holders.
Systems vary, and what works in theory does not always work in practice.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 07:27

I'd imagine they just as a general rule of thumb, add season ticket holders onto the amount of tickets sold to generate attendances? As opposed to just trying to overquote.

The point is, though,  that the club, nobody else, counts the punters in, and then reports that figure. How can anyone else legitimately stick a finger in the air and give a different number?
STs or not, who would know the difference other than the club?
Our City,
Our Club
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 15:26

The point is, though,  that the club, nobody else, counts the punters in, and then reports that figure. How can anyone else legitimately stick a finger in the air and give a different number?
STs or not, who would know the difference other than the club?

I think you will find that it is an accepted practice that clubs (many sports) take it season ticket holders all attend and add on however many extras they sell.

A reason for adopting this approach, rather than counting each attendee every game - higher figure maybe attracts sponsors?
RAID ON
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 15:39
One thing that is very clear at Coventry is that people arriving at the ground are counted in several categories, and the totals combined in the office shortly before being radioed around, and announced to the crowd.

The most difficult part of the crowd to count, and the part that 5akes the time to get right, are the various groups  arriving for hospitality, who in normal times enter through the clubhouse doors between the bars separately from ticket holders.
Ticket holders, bought in advance or at the ticket hut on the day are relatively easy as they are scanned and logged online.

Season ticket holders are also scanned, so I believe the club knows how many are in attendance, but it is my understanding that for public attendance figures they are treated as all being in attendance. I have been told this is for reasons of tax accounting, but I have no evidence either way.

Incidentally, I know that a number of volunteer staff who work at matches were changed a couple of years ago, pre pandemic, from being treated as complimentary season tickets to being voluntary staff, so temoving them from the attendance figures.

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 16:05
I believe you can only recognize the revenue from season ticket holders match by match - as if the remaining matches were cancelled, you could need to refund.
Sweeney Delenda Est
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 07:24
Count the legs divide by two.
Trouble is when the club has its bring your dog to the match day.
Looking forward to new beginnings.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 15:37
Does anyone know who owns Statbunker?  I keep getting a message saying that the security certificate has expired and my browser really doesn't want me to ignore the warning messages and access the site regardless.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 15:50
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Does anyone know who owns Statbunker?  I keep getting a message saying that the security certificate has expired and my browser really doesn't want me to ignore the warning messages and access the site regardless.

sent you a DM MWJ
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 07:43
I’d also be interested to know what’s happening. I’m keeping my own stats for Esher as Statbunker is so far behind. I’m taking the risk and overriding my browser’s concerns. It is, for me, an important service and the RFU stats haven’t really replaced it.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 17:12
It’s surprising that all the figures are submitted via the Electronic match card so you would think this number would be easily available
So many Christians not enough Lions
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 18:53
I think if the EMC is completed correctly there is just as much info on that then whatever Statbunker put out. Does vary, Caldy v Sale FC, lots of details on the EMC and thus in the stats section of the Fixtures and Results section of englandrugby.com, look at North Prem the same day and only the Teams and the score available on the game I looked at York v Otley, not even the correct tires scored so hope someone got their bonus point!
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Red over White View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Otley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red over White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 12:24
I don't think there is a requirement at Level 5 to list try scorers, or cards for that matter
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 12:31
Quick question - can the EMC stats be viewed online by the general public and if so has anyone got a link?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic