National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Steve Salvin leaves Titans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Salvin leaves Titans
    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 13:04
As one door closes…….another one slams in your face.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 14:33
Is that the least detailed resignation announcement ever? Strange with Rotherham having won 7 from 8 and if they win their game in hand they will be joint top.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 14:42
So on Steve's linkedIn page it says:

"Due to a bizarre set of circumstances I currently find myself out of work (I am happy to explain these reasons). I have over 15 years experience of being a professional rugby coach and am now looking for opportunities both in and out of rugby. I have experience of both development and performance rugby as both a head and assistant coach. I believe this gives me numerous transferable skills, including management, leadership, upskilling, teaching, negotiating, budget management, planning and critical analysis which I believe would transfer into any organization. If you know of anything (in or out of rugby) that you believe may suit my skills I am more than open and willing to listen and discuss. Many thanks"
Sweeney Delenda Est
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 16:22
It is reported that Adam Byron of Sheffield RFC has been appointed at Rotherham. 
If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 16:55
I understand he resigned to take a job much higher in the league pyramid but then had a change of heart by which time a replacement had been lined up. I understand the new head coach will be announced tomorrow. 

I am not a spokesman for the club but have followed our great club for more than 25 years and know they are a club of great integrity and conduct their affairs privately. Unfortunately social media being what it is, has a way of spreading information very quickly

They made a brief comment on their website this morning, but in the light of a LinkedIn post by the former coach as reported above, I wanted to add a little further information. 

In my professional life I encountered similar situations, and it is not a matter of personalities, it is business so, assuming where a replacement process is not only in place, but very close to being announced, it would place everyone is in a difficult position and integrity has to be maintained so no one person is irreplaceable.

While the club might currently plying it’s trade at level 4 it still retains ambitions and am sure would be an attractive post for many coaches in the game, and is legendary for the players and coaches who have not only managed / played for our great club but have gone onto achieve great things in the game at the highest level.

This management team (directors) saved us from the abyss 17 or so years ago and am sure they will ensure that any replacement is capable of delivering the required results.

Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 17:05
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 08:07
Salvin appointed at Glasgow Warriors (allegedly) 
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:21
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Was or is ?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:39
Given the words on his LinkedIn status, I assume "was".
It sounds like he was trying to be fair to Rotherham, and then there has been a snafu.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:56
Was.
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 14:03
Originally posted by Scrumtime Scrumtime wrote:

Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Was or is ?

That's where his original job offer was from, Transition Lead or something similar.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic