National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National 1 Prediction league 2022 week 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National 1 Prediction league 2022 week 12
    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:09
Fri 19-Nov-2021     
     Rosslyn Park v Blackheath     

Sat 20-Nov-2021     
     Bishop's Stortford v Birmingham Moseley     
     Leeds Tykes v Chinnor     
     Plymouth Albion v Cambridge     
     Rams v Cinderford     
     Taunton v Caldy     
     Tonbridge Juddians v Darlington Mowden Park
Sweeney Delenda Est
normski View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:52
Rosslyn Park 1 - 4 Blackheath     
Bishop's Stortford  4 - 1 Birmingham Moseley     
Leeds Tykes 4 - 1 Chinnor     
Plymouth Albion 4 - 1 Cambridge     
Rams 5 - 0  Cinderford     
Taunton 1 - 4 Caldy     
Tonbridge Juddians 4 - 1 Darlington Mowden Park

Edited by normski - 14 Nov 2021 at 11:53
upnorthcombine View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upnorthcombine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 13:08
Rosslyn Park 4 - 0 Blackheath     
Leeds Tykes 4 - 1 Chinnor     
Rams 1 - 5  Cinderford     
Taunton 4 -1  Caldy     
Tonbridge Juddians 4 - 1 DMP 
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 13:58
Rosslyn Park 5-1 Blackheath
Bishop's Stortford 4-1 Birmingham Moseley
Leeds Tykes 1-5 Chinnor
Plymouth Albion 2-5 Cambridge
Rams 0-4 Cinderford
Taunton 1-4 Caldy
Tonbridge Juddians 1-5 DMP
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 16:35
rosslyn park   5  0  blackheath
bishops  stortford  4  1  birmingham moseley
leeds                    5  1  chinnor
plymouth              5  1 cambridge
rams                    1  5 cinderford
taunton                 1  4  caldy
tonbridge  j            1  5  darlington mp
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 07:03
Rosslyn Park 4 Blackheath 1.
Bishops Stortford 4 Birmingham Moseley 1
Leeds Tykes 4 Chinnor 1.
Plymouth 4 Cambridge 1.
Rams 1 Cinderford 4.
Taunton 1 Caldy 4.
Tonbridge Juddians 1 Darlington Mowden Park 4.
Cauliflower ear.
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 17:57
Rosslyn Park 5  - 1 Blackheath     
Leeds Tykes 1 - 5 Chinnor     
Rams 1 - 4 Cinderford     
Taunton 1 - 4 Caldy     
Tonbridge Juddians 2 - 5 Darlington Mowden Park

Rich View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 19:35
Rosslyn Park 5 v 0 Blackheath     

Bishop's Stortford 5 v 0 Birmingham Moseley     
     Leeds Tykes 1 v 4 Chinnor     
     Plymouth Albion 5 v 0 Cambridge     
     Rams 5 v 2 Cinderford     
     Taunton 4 v  0 Caldy     
     Tonbridge Juddians 1 v 4 Darlington Mowden Park
Victor View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 07:03
Rosslyn Park 4 - 1 Blackheath     
Leeds Tykes 1 - 4 Chinnor     
Rams 2 - 5  Cinderford     
Taunton 4 - 1 Caldy     
Tonbridge Juddians 1 - 4 Darlington Mowden Park
Silverleys View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 21:20
Rosslyn Park 5 - 0 Blackheath     
Leeds Tykes 1 - 4 Chinnor     
Rams 2 - 5  Cinderford     
Taunton 4 - 0 Caldy     
Tonbridge Juddians 0 - 4 Darlington Mowden Park
Beware the law of unintended consequences
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 06:56

Well got a good few wrong last week, going a day early with this one as its a Friday night game, Saturdays still doing homework on. The recall of many players to the mother ship was not taken into account as much as it should have been in my predictions last week. The biggest loss being Titans missing the 8,9 and 10 who have guided them this year but they played very well for Exeter. Deep breath and go again, just my thoughts and I put it each week,please don’t take offence!

Fri 19-Nov-2021 

Rosslyn Park v Blackheath  5-1 

City slickers at home on a Friday night on the plastic, its like a dream come true for them! Whats interesting about this game is of the starting xv’s. I’d say it's an even split come kick off of 10 from Park, 10 from Club and 10 from OEs. Which might make life interesting for some and not as clear cut as you may think!

Blackheath, at last came good last week against a very underpowered Titans side, who were missing their spine of 8,9 and 10 to name just 3, but a win is a win and you can only play what’s in front of you. Park rolled their sleeves up and took a bonus point on the road, when I thought they might struggle. I can really only see this going one way, Park even without the loan/duel reg players of Cokanasiga etc  just have too much in the tank. Also I do think one swallow does not make a summer at Club, I think they will hang on for a bit, till being outgunned in the second half. You can bet the wine bars will be empty in Fulham Road Friday night as they descend to the Rock. So City slickers will want to put on a show, preen their feathers and close the gap on Cindy, overnight at least or do Club have a bite, and use the last minute cancelled pre season home fixture on a Wednesday night having gone to The Rock on the Saturday as motivation for pay back! 

And here is my view on the rest:

Sat 20-Nov-2021

Bishop's Stortford v Birmingham Moseley   5-2 

You get your moneys worth if you follow Stortford, although not always the result. They threw the ball about at Cindy last week, till the home side decided to put their foot on the throat and slow it down, but that was 68 minutes in. I can see the same happening here, will a high score for the home side. Moseley were out of sorts v Park. Thought they would ground it out more, like they did in the second half at Taunton the week before. I can see them scoring well in this, but think Stortfords all court game as long as it stays dry will come to the surface.

Leeds Tykes v Chinnor   5-2

As said last week, Leeds will play and a great hat trick by the full back Andrew Lawson proved that and they came close at Caldy.  Chinnor however have to now ask what’s going on with the petrol tank, they look out of juice on 60 minutes every game. If you look back at the games played this season, to be caught once happens, twice is unlucky, but this is most weeks, they build up a 15/20 point lead and are out of juice come the final 1/4, they have got away with it a good few times, Blackheath at home being an example 28-0 up with 20 to go and nearly lost, but this time its come to bite them on the bum. You do not give up that lead week in week out. S and C staff will be asked a few questions, or is it a case of some of the new players just being of that age where 60minutes is just enough. If Leeds are clear on 60, they could pull away with this because as said they play.

Plymouth Albion v Cambridge    5-2 

So what Albion do we get, the one that wins lost causes as in last week, or the one that just does not look at the races as in the Caldy game. Have to say it was a hell of a turn around against Chinnor to score 3 tries in the last 7 minutes whilst being 15 points a drift with 10 to go, Duckers feet danced like MJ in the moon walk . Cambridge as expected picked up a full house v TJs with Brownlie in the driving seat at most line outs, fair play to his try count. However I think the money men from Cambridge will have their work cut out with this one, Plymouths line out D looks decent and big Herbie will be to the front stopping any driving line outs. There will be a battle royal in a very physical mid field on both sides with To’a and Raumakita v Henna and Lloyd going to be box office in the collisions  but just think Albi will edge this in a high scoring game as they will be able to find an answer to the Cambridge main weapon the driving line out

Rams v Cinderford  2-5

Match of the week, by far.  Rams need a win, or really its 3rd place at best for them this season and that will only be with a massive fight with Sale. The boys from the Forest came good v Stortfords all court game last week, however they will want to bring control to this and its not in their DNA to play the you score 5 we score 6 every week. These sides are very evenly matched. I think Cindy have the edge up front Rams in the backs. The are certainly going to be some very big collisions. However saying that if Cindy’s skipper Hone  can stop Rams go to man Robbie Stapley as well as his fellow back row warriors at source and get on the front foot, I think Cindy will have too much control in the front 5 with Porter,Taylor and Dancer to the fore.

Look, I think there is a fag paper between these 2 well matched sides and it should be a cracking game if weather stays dry, I just think the belief that the “Cindy Band of Brothers” have will carry them through and Rams have been out of sorts since they beat the City slickers which does happen when you put too much into one game. The other thing I think is, like Taunton this year Rams in year one played with freedom, nobody expected anything and they got on a roll, this year their card is marked and they are suffering a little from second season syndrome, nothing wrong in that, just need to shake the chains free and play

Taunton v Caldy 2-5

It was very obvious to all last week, the loss of Prior, Maunders and Walsh at 8-9-10 from the starting xv against Club, underpowered Titans, there were others missing as well, but that 8-9-10 hole was massive. It was almost like a different side was playing. If the half backs stay with Exeter this week and Prior is still injured, Caldy are too street wise. I said last week that with Nicky Royal back its an extra attacking force, and he will win games, he scored the final 2 to take  Caldy clear of Leeds coming off the bench on his return. With JJ driving the pack and Titans possible missing their stars, Im going for a Caldy win on the road with Royal enjoying with wide open spaces of Somerset.

Tonbridge Juddians v Darlington Mowden Park 1-5

DMP going caught cold by Sale last week and then spent 30 minutes playing into their hands. Decided to wake up but by then Sale were able to do a Sale, slow the game down to walking pace being 2 scores plus up and DMP could get no tempo into it, Johnson gave a master class at 10 of how to run a game for the second week running. TJ’s on the other hand were totally outclassed at big spenders Cambridge and that was a one horse race, as I can see several of their games turning into, despite all the huff and puff they ain’t going to blow anybody’s house down, yes they will win the odd game, but they will also take a lot of water onboard in some as well. I can see DMP having a sting in their tails and if their main two are involved from Falcons in Lockwood and Passman, this could be yet another very long afternoon for TJ’s as Passman will relish a 1 on 1 with whoever he might find hiding on the wing in D for TJ’s. I can also see this being a high scoring game if the weather stays dry, its just a question of how loaded DMP travel as they need a win and a repeat of Chinnor away could be on the cards.

Edited by Scrumtime - 19 Nov 2021 at 08:02
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 07:02
Rosslyn Park 5 - 0 Blackheath    
Leeds Tykes 0 - 4 BBC Chinnor     
Plymouth Albion 0 - 5 Cambridge     

Rams 4- 1 Cinderford     
Taunton 1- 4 Caldy     
Tonbridge Juddians 4-1 Darlington Mowden Park
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 09:01
Scrumtime, to be honest, I got it wrong, looks like Sam Prior was on the bench with Toots starting at 8 - not a bad replacement! Toots' absence from 6/7 may have given Ollie Claxton & Freddie Gabitass (who have both played for Taunton) a little more room though.
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:02
Sam Prior played the whole second half
So many Christians not enough Lions
Wreck View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 19:32
Rosslyn Park 1-4 Blackheath     

Bishop's Stortford 4-0 Birmingham Moseley     
Leeds Tykes 1-4 Chinnor     
Plymouth Albion 1-5 Cambridge     
Rams 4-1 Cinderford     
Taunton 5-0 Caldy     
Tonbridge Juddians 0-5 Darlington Mowden Park
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 07:10
Saturdays predictions added 
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 08:34
Rosslyn Park 5-0 Blackheath
Bishop's Stortford 4-1 Birmingham Moseley
Leeds Tykes 4-1 Chinnor
Plymouth Albion 4-0 Cambridge
Rams 1-4 Cinderford
Taunton 1-5 Caldy - we may be lucky to get 1!
Tonbridge Juddians 1-4 Darlington Mowden Park

Edited by RedPete - 20 Nov 2021 at 11:55
Jezmar View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 10:21
     Rosslyn Park 5 v 0 Blackheath     

Bishop's Stortford 5 v 0 Birmingham Moseley     
     Leeds Tykes 1 v 5 Chinnor     
     Plymouth Albion 1 v 4 Cambridge     
     Rams 1 v 4 Cinderford     
     Taunton 4 v 1 Caldy     
     Tonbridge Juddians 1 v 4 Darlington Mowden Park
Park Ranger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 11:12
It's always a pleasure to read Scrumtimes analyses - a welcome break in this dull PC society.
A few years ago we had Big Eddie from Caldy on here - I hope he is still alive and kicking??
His posts were equally entertaining.
The Park v Club match is going to be close and I do hope that the Hedge Fund managers can tear themselves away from those wine bars in Fulham and the decorative ladies sipping Moet in time for the late kick off. My solution would be to hire a stretched limmo and take the ladies and the bottles onboard so if the traffic is bad on Putney bridge one can arrive at the ground in good spirits and make it back in comfort to the same wine bar after the match. This will mean that one will be in fine fettle for a game of Polo on Saturday before attending the hospitality events at Twickers.
Sadly I cannot participate in such sociable frolics here in SE Asia - its a 3am alarm call for me and the excellent Twitter feeds that many clubs provide this season.
If you're not on the pitch you can't win the game
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 12:14
Originally posted by Park Ranger Park Ranger wrote:

It's always a pleasure to read Scrumtimes analyses - a welcome break in this dull PC society.
A few years ago we had Big Eddie from Caldy on here - I hope he is still alive and kicking??
His posts were equally entertaining...
Blimey, Big Eddie, I'd forgotten him! His last post to the forum was 16 Sep 2020 at 17:21, I do hope he is OK.  Perhaps I'll track down a few "Ravers" on Saturday at Taunton, I'm sure there'll be a few there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic