National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Week 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 15:45
Originally posted by Hoffee Hoffee wrote:

Perhaps if Bedford could actually defend the maul then all the other teams wouldn't use it against you. Pirates have scored plenty of excellent tries this season. Just becuase we're not playing champagne rugby every week doesn't mean we're boring to watch. Very harsh comments I think.

I thought Bedford were excellent today with 14 men for the majority of the match.

Fair comment Hoffee, no disrespect intended, 1st time I’ve seen you play this season and my observations of that game. Look forward to seeing CP’s get try of the week from open play 😃
I want you all to line up in a circle and pair up in three's alphabetically by height.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 15:50
Great match. Jersey competed wonderfully from start to finish.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 19:33
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Great 5 points for Ealing and they will be all the better long term for a match when they had to work for the win.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 20:12
Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

I don’t know who Westlake is but would point out that the Blues posters have been saying all season that your pack are wobbly and the back 3 are dangerous. I think it’s reasonable to expect that our coaches would have done some research.
I’ll settle for the 5 points thanks.

Wedlake (can’t help the phone changing the name but pretty close to Westlake don’t you think?).

The pack hasn’t actually been that bad in the scum and maul had become better. One change the last couple of weeks was losing 2 more experienced Saints props.

We aren’t criticising Pirates game play, just a comment that Pirates have never played that way, it has been a 15 man team effort of a combination of scrum, maul, backs move, enterprising play and not get a penalty and get the backs to pile in.

The game changer was from the maul 5m out Blues lost the ball over the line.

With 7 man maul for over a half and 3 props and no 2nd rows on the pitch at one stage of course the scrum and maul was going to be an area to target. Referee allowed pirates hit and drive early on the scrum most of the time, but if you can get away with it then you keep doing it.
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 20:31
Let’s move onto Ampthill. What a cracking away win at Richmond today. In recent games against two top sides, Jersey and Doncaster, they have thrown away two wins in the very last minutes of each game. But not today. From being down 24-8 at one stage, they have fought back against a rejuvenated Richmond and banked another precious 5 points. They are certainly starting to hold their own in this division. Good on them.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 20:57
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Thanks Gerg! ClapThumbs Up
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 23:18
cherub Amthill did not deserve to  be so far behind at half time afterwards  their luck change your kicker was excellent
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 05:04
Originally posted by Member728 Member728 wrote:

cherub Amthill did not deserve to  be so far behind at half time afterwards  their luck change your kicker was excellent

Cheers, Member728, it is always good to read feedback from supporters who were there. Ampthill have been blessed of late with good kicking fly halves. And I was very mindful before yesterday’s game of Richmond’s terrific recent result at Bedford.

I had to smile yesterday morning though. Living in Yorkshire, when I mentioned to my wife that Ampthill were playing away at Richmond, she wondered why I wasn’t popping over to near Catterick on the A1 to watch the game….

Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 13:36
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 15:02
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Jersey Reds tries v Ealing Trailfinders - YouTube

I thought that Jersey were exceptionally competitive. They are so much more than a ' big pack ' The outstanding  player was the Jersey full back, Brendan Owen. His dominance under the repeated high ball was outstanding.
I was fortunate to be seated next to Cliff Chipperfield the Jersey Reds President at the pre match lunch. His enthusiasm and commitment to the Reds was clearly evident and he said that he knew that Jersey would compete and give Ealing a tough game, he was right and it could have easily gone the other way in Jerseys favour.

Edited by No 7 - 22 Nov 2021 at 15:22
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 15:23
Originally posted by No 7 No 7 wrote:

Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Jersey Reds tries v Ealing Trailfinders - YouTube

I thought that Jersey were exceptionally competitive. They are so much more than a ' big pack ' The outstanding  player was the Jersey full back. His dominance under the repeated high ball was outstanding.
I was fortunate to be seated next to Cliff Chipperfield the Jersey Reds President at the pre match lunch. His enthusiasm and commitment to the Reds was clearly evident and he said that he knew that Jersey would compete and give Ealing a tough game, he was right and it could have easily gone the other way in Jerseys favour.

The best match I’ve seen between two proper ‘Championship’ (I.e. not relegated Premiership) sides in many years. Whilst I didn’t expect an armchair ride for Ealing, I certainly didn’t expect the onslaught Jersey threw at us. Massive commitment across the field, massive enjoyment (and not a little banter - “Sit down please!”) in the stand. Already booked for the return fixture in February. Chapeaux Jersey!
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic