National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship - Week 10 Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 16:16
Hartpury 38 - Richmond 20 77 mins BP Hartpury
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 16:19
Ealing 47 (BP) - Ampthill 17 (2T) 60'- Ealing went to sleep at the half. Also, lots of subs. Ampthill travelled down with penalties, then scored off a couple phase feom a line out.
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 16:25
Hartpury 38 - Richmond 20 FT BP Hartpury
Bigbluepip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 16:26
Cov 15 - 7 Bedford, 50 ish mins gone, doesn’t sound like a classic, YC for COV, down to 13 for 2 or 3 mins

Edited by Bigbluepip - 04 Dec 2021 at 16:27
I want you all to line up in a circle and pair up in three's alphabetically by height.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 16:32
Bedford must have given 20 penalties away in this game so far.
I want you all to line up in a circle and pair up in three's alphabetically by height.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 16:36
Glad I made the decision not to have a drive up to Coventry, think I’d be driving back very angry 😤 
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 16:42
Ealing 54 (BP) - Ampthill 17 (2T) 78' - Breakaway try down the right hand side after about 5 minutes in the Ealing half
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 16:52
Ealing 54 (BP) - Ampthill 17 (2T) FT. Very even second half. Sir seemed to think Ampthill had the scrum dminance. I didnt see it,  but am a bit one-eyed. Also very bad tempered. Lots of handbags..
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 17:09
FT 15 -14 to Coventry, feels like that was one we should have won.
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 17:13
A very creditable performance by Ampthill today to get a 14-14 draw at Ealing. ……….in the second half.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
RobC View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 17:23
Originally posted by Bigbluepip Bigbluepip wrote:

Both sides could/should have scored more tries today.  A good game nonetheless, with Cov finally looking a bit more dangerous in attack.
Bedfordian View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 18:03
Glad I stayed at home. Watching Twitter it seemed there was a reoccuring theme…. penalty! Read as being very stop start, only ever 90 seconds away from a whistle!   Must have been stop start

Edited by Bedfordian - 04 Dec 2021 at 18:07
RobC View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 18:31
Originally posted by Bedfordian Bedfordian wrote:

Glad I stayed at home. Watching Twitter it seemed there was a reoccuring theme…. penalty! Read as being very stop start, only ever 90 seconds away from a whistle!   Must have been stop start

Plenty of attacking rugby from both sides, apparently better to watch live than listen to...  
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 19:17

One point in it - that looks like a classic Championship match between two well matched teams. Well done Ealing it will take a some performance to beat you at home. I have managed to acquire Doombar & John Smiths (and a jar of bovril)  for tomorrow's match I will watch online instead of pruning grape vines.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 20:08
Poor game management from Bedford today.  Several kickable penalties passed over, which would have won the match.  Coventry brilliantly denied Bedford possession when they were down to thirteen players. When Bedford did find some opportunities, they messed up.  Too many penalties given away.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 20:29
To the Bedford 'fans', who are glad they didn't come to Coventry, because their side gave away too many penalties, thanks for not attending, and grow up.

To be clear, we had a premiership referee who punished both teams, and particularly with sin-bins was harsher on the home side. Even the Bedford Twitter feed was puzzled by his definition of a high tackle against Coventry.

To the Bedford supporters who did attend, and made a noise, thanks for coming, joining in, and supporting your team.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 20:34
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

One point in it - that looks like a classic Championship match between two well matched teams.
At 83 minutes it was 15-7 and a 4-0 result. With that try, I suspect every Coventry supporter was just hoping we couyld get through the final moments without Birthday Boy Will Maisey getting a chance to kick a penalty.
As it was, Bedford offended, and Fenner checked time with the referee, before putting the ball into the grandstand, for the certainty of the win.
RobC View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 22:20
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

To the Bedford 'fans', who are glad they didn't come to Coventry, because their side gave away too many penalties, thanks for not attending, and grow up.

To be clear, we had a premiership referee who punished both teams, and particularly with sin-bins was harsher on the home side. Even the Bedford Twitter feed was puzzled by his definition of a high tackle against Coventry.

To the Bedford supporters who did attend, and made a noise, thanks for coming, joining in, and supporting your team.

Well said Nick. An attritional but entertaining game, well supported by the Bedford supporters who did turn up...
Cov kid 42 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cov kid 42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 10:14
I hate to say I told you so in my prediction of Cov to win 4-1 ! Wounded Cov responded  magnificently to Rowland Winter's comments after London Scottish.
In may not have been for the purist, but with 4 yellow cards to Bedford's 1, to keep them out when down to 13 men was a monumental effort & just reward at the final whistle.
I will be interested to read Bedford's match report.Emoticons
John Butler
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 11:54
Originally posted by Cov kid 42 Cov kid 42 wrote:

I hate to say I told you so in my prediction of Cov to win 4-1 ! Wounded Cov responded  magnificently to Rowland Winter's comments after London Scottish.
In may not have been for the purist, but with 4 yellow cards to Bedford's 1, to keep them out when down to 13 men was a monumental effort & just reward at the final whistle.
I will be interested to read Bedford's match report.Emoticons

https://bedfordrugby.co.uk/news/2021/12/report-blues-left-dejected-after-coventry-defeat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic