National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2021-22 Championship - Week 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 16:26
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

31-9 to Doncaster, so much as anticipated.
Sounds like Cov have another injury to work around (in the first few minutes) and three yellow cards probably didn't help.

Couldn’t make the game today but sounds like Donny were dominant for most of the game. Coventry are just having no luck on the injury front. I do believe that Cov’s league position is false and largely due to the injuries. Another good win for the Donny boys though, that’s 6/6 at home this season. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 16:45
And the boys getting bonus points at last
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 17:11
FT Reds 31 LonScots 13, just one try apiece in 2nd half
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 18:07
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

Ealing Hartpury postponed. No surprise there.

That would have been Hartpury v Ealing?
Yes. We played Richmond last week, who also had positives. Of course, London is one big plague pit at the moment. Had two tradesmen cancel woth Covid this week.

You miss my point. They are the home team - they get listed first.
Basic politeness.
Even more so when it is your (away) team that has cancelled and their (home) team that has suffered the loss of unrecoverable costs due to that.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 18:35

Yes. We played Richmond last week, who also had positives. Of course, London is one big plague pit at the moment. Had two tradesmen cancel woth Covid this week.

Basic politeness.
Even more so when it is your (away) team that has cancelled and their (home) team that has suffered the loss of unrecoverable costs due to that.

No need for that ON, how about a bit of mutual respect/ Christmas spirit?
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 19:10
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Basic politeness.

Spot on mate. We need to keep hospitality and camaraderie at the forefront at this difficult time. Jersey left 5 tries un-scored in the second half today and Scottish defence and effort was magnificent. Jersey got 5 league points and Salad the legend scored a try for Scottish - EXCELLENT.  It was bitterly cold at the end with a 3pm kickoff but I assume the bar takings were really good.

Incredibly with postponements Jersey move up a place - I assume Ealing & Pirates are properly worried.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 18 Dec 2021 at 19:17
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 20:39
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Basic politeness.

<div id="ypm-extension" ="ypm-extension"="">

Spot on mate. We need to keep hospitality and camaraderie at the forefront at this difficult time. Jersey left 5 tries un-scored in the second half today and Scottish defence and effort was magnificent. Jersey got 5 league points and Salad the legend scored a try for Scottish - EXCELLENT.  It was bitterly cold at the end with a 3pm kickoff but I assume the bar takings were really good.

Incredibly with postponements Jersey move up a place - I assume Ealing & Pirates are properly worried.

Sadly I couldn’t go to the game today due to Covid and had to resort to listening to the game from the confines of my bedroom.
From what I heard, LS defended our maul very well throughout and for the first 45 minutes the game was very even.
However, the quality that the Reds have available to them from the bench proved a bit too much and after Salad’s score, they didn’t get close again.
A huge shout out to 19 year old Harry Doolan who came on at Hooker 5 minutes into the game and never looked out of place, despite only having 16 or so Championship minutes under his belt. Probably unlucky not to get MOTM.
Tackle Low!!!!!
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 21:39
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

I think we will see quite a few Boxing Day postponements, which is a shame because Bedford have a (capped) 4500 sell out. Personally, if teams are able to play I’d continue playing rather than having a forced break because it’s quite possible there will be more covid outbreaks later in the season, so if you don’t have one atm then you may as well get the game on.

We would play no matter what, Jersey should be COVID free and then we would get a team out. It is too much money to lose.

We don’t exactly have a big squad so if we can’t field a team, we can’t field a team 

We would borrow from other clubs, Northampton would help, get Sharp and McCarthy to dust off the boots.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 23:15

Basic politeness.

Seriously, having travelled to Hartpury to see a close away win a few years ago - the amount of home supporters wouldn't be missed if they failed to tepurn up - so unless Trailfinders were taking a substantial amount of followers ( which I would doubt) the losses would be minimal. However as Glaws were playing yesterday evening the home support might have been a little larger
RAID ON
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 11:05
Opening Jersey Reds try from Ryan Olowofela against London Scottish - YouTube

I'll also put this one up:
Deliberate knock on apparently.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 19 Dec 2021 at 14:37
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 15:03

Opening Jersey Reds try from Ryan Olowofela against London Scottish - YouTube

I'll also put this one up:
Deliberate knock on apparently.

Really? I thought the ref ruled - correctly IMHO - that he caught the ball prior to it landing and that therefore it was a legitimate interception. But then pinged him for holding on...
Abbotsman View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abbotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 10:27
[/QUOTE]
Seriously, having travelled to Hartpury to see a close away win a few years ago - the amount of home supporters wouldn't be missed if they failed to tepurn up [/QUOTE]

What! Seriously?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 11:15
Originally posted by Abbotsman Abbotsman wrote:

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, having travelled to Hartpury to see a close away win a few years ago - the amount of home supporters wouldn't be missed if they failed to tepurn up [/QUOTE]

What! Seriously?
[/QUOTE]Great post mate. I've been to Pury quite a few times and the Home support was hospitable and committed - brilliant burgers in the pop up bbq as well.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 13:20
There doesn't appear to be any comment on the Championship threads to the news that it will be 12 clubs next year rising to 14 in 24/25, information sent to Nat1 clubs from RFU by email - please don't tell me Championship clubs haven't been informed although it wouldn't surprise me! 
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 15:11

I think we will see quite a few Boxing Day postponements, which is a shame because Bedford have a (capped) 4500 sell out. Personally, if teams are able to play I’d continue playing rather than having a forced break because it’s quite possible there will be more covid outbreaks later in the season, so if you don’t have one atm then you may as well get the game on.

We would play no matter what, Jersey should be COVID free and then we would get a team out. It is too much money to lose.

We don’t exactly have a big squad so if we can’t field a team, we can’t field a team 

We would borrow from other clubs, Northampton would help, get Sharp and McCarthy to dust off the boots.

I’m sorry but you are living in a bubble if you think Bedford are somehow immune from the risk of postponing a fixture due to covid. I really hope the game goes ahead but if there’s an outbreak in the squad, it won’t happen regardless of the financial cost. Saints have their own games to worry about and if we were hit by covid, I don’t think they’d be keen to send a bunch of other squad players here with the risk of them becoming unavailable
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 15:19
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 16:35

Seriously, having travelled to Hartpury to see a close away win a few years ago - the amount of home supporters wouldn't be missed if they failed to tepurn up

What! Seriously?
[/QUOTE]Great post mate. I've been to Pury quite a few times and the Home support was hospitable and committed - brilliant burgers in the pop up bbq as well.[/QUOTE]

Just not many of them
RAID ON
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 16:49
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Seriously, having travelled to Hartpury to see a close away win a few years ago - the amount of home supporters wouldn't be missed if they failed to tepurn up

What! Seriously?
Great post mate. I've been to Pury quite a few times and the Home support was hospitable and committed - brilliant burgers in the pop up bbq as well.[/QUOTE]

Just not many of them[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure there were plenty of burgers I think I went back for seconds.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 17:06

I’m sorry but you are living in a bubble if you think Bedford are somehow immune from the risk of postponing a fixture due to covid. I really hope the game goes ahead but if there’s an outbreak in the squad, it won’t happen regardless of the financial cost. Saints have their own games to worry about and if we were hit by covid, I don’t think they’d be keen to send a bunch of other squad players here with the risk of them becoming unavailable

Bluesman you are probably the most pessimistic Bluesman around.  There is a business case for it.  The game must be worth £100k+. 4,500 sell out now plus online tickets, hospitality, bar sales etc.

Say Blues lose 50% of their squad they still have 15 players, so only need a few to get a game on.  At present it appears we have had 0 cases.

For starters Saints could send some of their U18 players who don't even get DR'd to us usually let alone see the Saints full-time squad. The Blues would happily pay other clubs to get a game on, it's too big a loss not to.  The other clubs would be grateful for some cash to send 3rd choices, especially if they have had to cancel their games.  There are enough clubs around the country who would let Blues borrow some players.  
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 17:45
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

What! Seriously?
Great post mate. I've been to Pury quite a few times and the Home support was hospitable and committed - brilliant burgers in the pop up bbq as well.[/QUOTE]

Just not many of them[/QUOTE]
I must agree , i went to the Scottish Hartpury game in 2019,a strong crowd on a bitterly cold friday night - was a bit odd however that all players who weren't in the 23, tended to be working various jobs - tickets/food stall/stewarding. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic