National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2021-22 Championship - Week 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021-22 Championship - Week 12
    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 20:53
Into the second half of the season we go:
Saturday 18th December:
Ampthill v Nottingham - 2pm
Doncaster v Coventry - 2.30pm
Hartpury v Ealing - 2.30pm
Jersey v London Scottish - 3pm
Richmond v Cornish Pirates - 3pm

Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 21:11
Predictions:
Ampthill 4 v 1 Nottingham - Amps at home should grind this out
Doncaster 5 v 0 Coventry - Donny at home and with a score to settle after the reverse fixture, the boys will be up for this and will win in style 
Hartpury 4 v 1 Ealing - I predicted against Ealing last week and wasn’t far off. They don’t convince me away from home. They need to improve this week otherwise they will get turned over.
Jersey 5 v 0 London Scottish - LS have improved markedly of late but I’m not sure they’ll get any joy in this one, not many will on the island this season.
Richmond 0 v 5 Cornish Pirates - Mond put in a huge effort against Ealing and I fear they’ll suffer the consequences of that here. I think Pirates will win this at a canter. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 21:11
Didn’t realise there was a round of matches… as it turns out to be our 2nd bye weekend.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 22:11
Ampthill v Nottingham 4 - 1
Doncaster v Coventry  4 - 1 
Hartpury v Ealing 0 -5 
Jersey v London Scottish 5 - 0 
Richmond v Cornish Pirates 1 - 4 
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 07:25
Having slipped to third in the prediction league, I feel I can sit down again and forecast next Saturday’s results in a relaxed manner. All pressure is off.

Ampthill 4-0 Nottingham. Both teams will be targeting a win in this basement battle but I expect Ampthill to tough it out and get the points.
Doncaster 5-0 Coventry. Doncaster to keep their momentum going after last Saturday’s result against an unsettled Coventry squad.
Hartpury 0-5 Ealing. Up to a month or so back and I thought Ealing would be runaway leaders of this league. And if I was an Ealing supporter I would be tearing my hair out. Having said that, surely they will be training hard all week and be totally up for this trip to the south west?
Jersey 5-0 London Scottish. Any trip to the Island is daunting. This should be no exception.
Richmond 1-4 Cornish Pirates. I was not overly impressed with The Pirates against Ampthill and I think they will have to up their game against an inconsistent Richmond side.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 07:53
Ampthill v Nottingham 5 - 0 I think this one is in the bag
Doncaster v Coventry  5 - 1 Donny at the Fortress - Cov unlucky with injuries at the moment
Hartpury v Ealing 2 -5  This could be a hard day at the office for Ealing
Jersey v London Scottish 5 - 0 Got this one as my banker
Richmond v Cornish Pirates 4 - 1 Pirates weren't great when they beat us (we were pants) and on the road there are gaps to be exploited. Richmond will feel positive about a strong display this weekend gone

And as I entered the prediction competition late I have no pressure to perform so I definitely sat down relaxed and let my imagination run wild (see above for verification of that Smile)
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 13:33
Ampthill 5-1 Nottingham
Doncaster 5-0 Coventry
Hartpury 1-5 Ealing
Jersey 5-0 Scottish
Richmond 5-1 Cornish Pirates 
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 14:23
Lots of potential banana skins to avoid this week but my present thoughts are:
Amps 4-1 Notts Two well matched sides but home advantage should be enough for Amps by 3-6 points
Donny 5-0 Cov If Cov play like they did in the second half at St Peter they could easily win but I go with a home win and hope they keep the pressure on at the top.
Pury 1-5 Ealing If they get a decent crop of prem support Pury can test anyone in the league but Ealing have a fantastic squad and should win anyway.
Jersey 5-0 Scottish Exiles are improving and usually play well against Jersey but I'm hoping the home forwards can grind out a decent win
Mond 2-5 Pirates My game of the round between two brilliant clubs and could go either way - If this one is streamed I'll hope to see it. I hope Pirates win by a single point and both teams score 4 tries on a dry sunny day at the RAG.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 12:51
Ampthill 5 - 2 Nottingham
Doncaster 5 - 0 Coventry
Hartpury 0 - 5 Ealing
Jersey 5 - 0 Scottish
Richmond 4 - 1 Cornish Pirates 
One Club
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 15:37
Ampthill 4 - 1 Nottingham … This could be a really good game and i think that home advantage will tell....just!

Doncaster 5 - 0 Coventry … Donny too good at home for this game. Cov had a great second half in Jersey, but I can't see Knights letting slip if they are ahead at HT.

Hartpury 0 - 5 Ealing … Has to be a strong away win, doesn't it? Lots of talk about Pury fielding fringe PL players, but i will go for the settled side in this one. Would love to be proved wrong!

Jersey 5 - 0 Scottish … I disagree with CC. Jersey win this one out wide. LS have a decent set of starting forwards, it is out wide that we will get the joy and in the last 20 as the changes come.

Richmond 1 - 5 Cornish Pirates … Mond are a great club and on their day they can beat anyone, but how much will have been taken out of them last week against Ealing? I fancy the rock solid Pirates to steal this one.
Tackle Low!!!!!
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 14:02
Ampthill 5 - 0 Nottingham
Doncaster 5 - 0 Coventry
Hartpury 0 - 5 Ealing
Jersey 5 - 1 London Scottish
Richmond 1 - 5 Cornish Pirates
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 18:15
Richmond Pirates Off
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 20:09
I can see many more games being postponed . .  but then with 10 day isolation surely Boxing day fixtures at risk too . . .  maybe time for a mid season break and cancel the cup to ensure league gets finished?
Run with it
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 09:43
Originally posted by Runitback Runitback wrote:

I can see many more games being postponed . .  but then with 10 day isolation surely Boxing day fixtures at risk too . . .  maybe time for a mid season break and cancel the cup to ensure league gets finished?

Agree. With the way things are going there are going to be more matches postponed - which begs the question: when will they be played? If there's a positive in all this it might scupper the master plan to get Ealing up and pull up the drawbridge.
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 09:54
I think we will see quite a few Boxing Day postponements, which is a shame because Bedford have a (capped) 4500 sell out. Personally, if teams are able to play I’d continue playing rather than having a forced break because it’s quite possible there will be more covid outbreaks later in the season, so if you don’t have one atm then you may as well get the game on.
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 10:37
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

I think we will see quite a few Boxing Day postponements, which is a shame because Bedford have a (capped) 4500 sell out. Personally, if teams are able to play I’d continue playing rather than having a forced break because it’s quite possible there will be more covid outbreaks later in the season, so if you don’t have one atm then you may as well get the game on.

Definitely keep playing as long as possible. As you say, it will keep happening so get the games on while you can. Amazing numbers for Bedford - what great support you have.
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:23
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Bedford's crowds are truly incredible, 4500 is amazing for Level 2 & for a non-PRL side. 
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 12:35
Ampthill    5 - 0 Nottingham
Doncaster 5 - 0 Coventry
Hartpury   0 - 5 Ealing
Jersey      5 - 0 London Scottish
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 13:09

starting XV for Ealing against Hartpury - I think that this is probably the best side that I've seen Ealing put out this year, and not only because of the presence of club stalwart and centurion Alun Walker returning. Unfortunately, the club's last couple of matches have shown that Rayn Smid in the starting line up is a must, and there he is. Angus Kernohan adds some real pace to the wing, which I like, and Pat Howard is always good for a rampage or two through the mid-field. I'm even a fan of the bench picks in general. I'd like to see Will Davis instead of George, but I really like that we have a replacement 9 and 10 - makes me nervous not to. A strong side, which makes sense as they get a long rest before the New Year's day game against Pirates.

1. Dylan Smith

2. Alun Walker

3. Lewis Thiede

4. Simon Linsell

5. Bobby De Wee

6. Max Northcote-Green

7. Simon Uzokwe

8. Rayn Smid

9. Jordan Burns

10. Craig Willis

11. Angus Kernohan

12. Pat Howard

13. Max Bodilly

14. Cian Kelleher

15. David Johnston

Replacements 

16. Shaun Malton

17. James Gibbons

18. George Davis

19. James Cannon

20. Malon Al-Jiboori

21. Craig Hampson

22. Luke Daniels

23. Steven Shingler

Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 13:24
Ampthill    4 - 1 Nottingham - A good arm wrestle
Doncaster 4 - 0 Coventry - Cov- will give them a battle
Hartpury   0 - 5 Ealing - A must for Ealing but last week showed how vunerable they are
Jersey      5 - 0 London Scottish - Surely but Scottish getting better

as for crowds . . DMP got over 4500 for their last two games in Nat 2, against Macclesfield ( title decider) and Ampthill ( play off - that DMP won)
Run with it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic