National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

LSE1 Halfway point

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 12:13
Just updating this thread as we now have a group of 4 with some daylight between them and the rest of the top half of the table plus North Walsham have a game in hand

Dorking 63
Hertford 59
Sevenoaks 59
North Walsham 55
Wimbledon 47
Havant 45
Westcombe Park 38

The top four play the other top half teams as over the rest of the season as follows 

Dorking have Westcombe Park (H) Havant (H), Sevenoaks (H) and North Walsham (A) and Wimbledon (A)

Hertford have North Walsham (H) Westcombe Park (A), Havant (A) and Sevenoaks (A)

Sevenoaks have Westcombe Park (A) , North Walsham (A), Wimbledon (H), Dorking (A) and Hertford (H) 

North Walsham (with a game in hand) have Havant (H), Hertford (A), Westcombe Park (H), Sevenoaks (H), Wimbledon (A) and Dorking (H) 

North Walsham look to have the hardest run in as they still have to play all top half teams whereas Hertford only have 4 but have 3 of those away. 

It is going to go right to the end of the season 
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 14:13
Westcombe Park the kingmakers?
Kentish Man View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentish Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 14:34
Shamrose 
BTW Dorking have Wimbledon at Home 
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 15:09
Originally posted by carlos fandango carlos fandango wrote:

Good result for WP Saturday, must have improved a lot from earlier in the season
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 15:38
Originally posted by Kentish Man Kentish Man wrote:

Shamrose 
BTW Dorking have Wimbledon at Home 

Even betterBig smile
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 16:31

I had a quick look at their record and the win against Wimbledon was the only one they have had against a side above them in the League, so the jury may be out on how much they have improved? . They have also only had only one win away from home. (i love the stats on the RFU for this stuffThumbs Up)

I guess we will see on Saturday at the Big Field which is forecast to be a cold but clear day

One thing is for sure that there is plenty to come in this league and the standard has been really high in the games i have seen. Far better than some of the stuff on TV and oh so much better without the video ref!

WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 21:55

Taking your post at face value where the Kings are to be the champions I personally don't think that we are capable of an upset away at either Dorking or North Walsham so the answer is an emphatic NO. We could be described as potential banana skins though. 
Whoever of the top 4 is eventually crowned, will be decided by their results against the other 3 plus Wimbledon who may well end up being the Kingmakers. 
Havant and Tring also deserve to be respected as potential Banana skins. 

Edited by WESTCOMBE RANGER - 17 Jan 2022 at 22:01
The older I get, the better I was.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 22:06
No hidden motives in my post WR. 
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 22:17

No hidden motives in my post WR. 
Nor from me I just thought yours was a good reference point for me to air my opinions. I did understand where you were coming from and also wished to expand a little by referencing other banana skins.
No doubt see you soon. 
The older I get, the better I was.
dave2dave View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave2dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 22:26
good luck to all 

Let the Battle begin
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 17:43
Well potentially all the top four on 64.

Great season.

Edited by carlos fandango - 22 Jan 2022 at 19:36
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic