National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Next season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 09:40
The MSC don't just relate to the number of seats and the spacing between the urinals.  There are all sorts of requirements about the structure of the organisation, the sales & marketing roles, the academy/ player pathway.  But the most important clause in the document is the one that says a team has the right to appeal in the event of being refused promotion - that's the only one we followed to the letter.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 09:53
When last audited for these criteria Doncaster were accepted, we have expressed the intention of being audited again this season if necessary. 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:56
Originally posted by Whistle watcher Whistle watcher wrote:

I'd say there's a fine line between Doncaster and Coventry's facilities and imagine that if one meets the standards, so would the other?

Yes sorry you're right, Coventry are another possible one. Although probably not relevant for them this season. 

Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 11:08
Can I ask a question? Do you get your ground and facilities inspected and then if failing have the right to be reassessed on the basis of another submission through a groundshare agreement with (probably a football club) so let's say Donny and the Keepmoat or do you have to go with the complete business plan for starters? In other words do you have recourse to a second option/proposal? 

Edited by Thatbloke - 23 Dec 2021 at 11:20
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 11:59
I believe the audit is completed at the end of the season (edit: March/ April-ish), so there's no opportunity to make changes or fall back on a reserve option in the event of a failure.  In that situation you either use the next 12 months to make the changes or look at an alternative option (ie a football ground) ready for next year, but I don't think you can have a back-up plan in your back pocket just in case.

Edited by Mark W-J - 23 Dec 2021 at 15:52
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 12:08
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Can I ask a question? Do you get your ground and facilities inspected and then if failing have the right to be reassessed on the basis of another submission through a groundshare agreement with (probably a football club) so let's say Donny and the Keepmoat or do you have to go with the complete business plan for starters? In other words do you have recourse to a second option/proposal? 

I know that when we lost to Bristol in the play off finals - we had a plan in place that meant for the first 6 weeks of the season we would have been at the Keepmoat Stadium until the remaining works was done to get Castle Park to the standard required and this was accepted. 

I thought the audit usually takes place around January / February?
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 14:58
Originally posted by dropout22 dropout22 wrote:

I'd say there's a fine line between Doncaster and Coventry's facilities and imagine that if one meets the standards, so would the other?

Yes sorry you're right, Coventry are another possible one. Although probably not relevant for them this season. 

But probably by the time that promotion is once again available, and by which time both the west and north sides of the BPA could well be built, making it a better ground than e.g. The Rec (currently) at least.
Edit: north, not east. Brain fart.

Edited by Kimbo - 23 Dec 2021 at 14:59
Our City,
Our Club
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 15:34
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

But probably by the time that promotion is once again available, and by which time both the west and north sides of the BPA could well be built, making it a better ground than e.g. The Rec (currently) at least.

Bath have now got planning permission to develop the Rec (after years of refusal)
RAID ON
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 17:06
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Bath have now got planning permission to develop the Rec (after years of refusal)
Yes. Hence my putting 'currently'.
Our City,
Our Club
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 17:40
I did not think they had planning permission yet, but the court ruled the covenants are not enforceable, so there is nothing blocking the granting of permission.
Sweeney Delenda Est
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 23:35
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

• If the winner of the Championship does not meet the Minimum Standards Criteria and therefore is not promoted to the Premiership, this would leave 11 teams in the Championship meaning just the winner of National One will be promoted to the second tier.
Do any of the clubs in the Championship actually meet the Minimum Standards Criteria? I'm guessing Ealing do and Pirates when they build S4C - are there any others? If the winner doesn't meet the MSC wouldn't it be better to promote the highest ranking club who does meet them if the MSC is essential and they clearly want 14 teams in the premiership.

A number of National 1 clubs meet requirements DMP, Rosslyn Park, and Sale I'm sure there are others 
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 08:07
Originally posted by front5 front5 wrote:

Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

• If the winner of the Championship does not meet the Minimum Standards Criteria and therefore is not promoted to the Premiership, this would leave 11 teams in the Championship meaning just the winner of National One will be promoted to the second tier.
Do any of the clubs in the Championship actually meet the Minimum Standards Criteria? I'm guessing Ealing do and Pirates when they build S4C - are there any others? If the winner doesn't meet the MSC wouldn't it be better to promote the highest ranking club who does meet them if the MSC is essential and they clearly want 14 teams in the premiership.

A number of National 1 clubs meet requirements DMP, Rosslyn Park, and Sale I'm sure there are others 

I think you might be confusing the Premiership with the Championship.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 12:10
I think that if Darlington Arena passes a safety inspection, it would meet minimum criteria for the Premiership. It would be one of the larger grounds - I have no idea how they manage to make it pay.

Sale FC's ground was used for top flight rugby until Sharks moved out.

I am not sure about the Rock, if it passes, then Plymouth's ground probably does too.
Carnegie could presumably move back to Headingley if they were in danger of two promotions.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 12:22
I wouldn't be surprised if Darlington met the criteria, I'll give you that one.  I think one of the reasons Sale moved out was that they needed somewhere that met the new criteria (capacity, at the very least).  Goldington Road has hosted Premiership matches, but we know it doesn't meet the current standards, and there's no way that Priory Lane does.

Edited by Mark W-J - 24 Dec 2021 at 12:23
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 13:25
Just to be clear, for the sake of clarity, I am fairly sure that my club, Ampthill RFC, just fall short of the Premiership criteria. Just saying…………..
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 15:11
Roslyn Park does not, on this planet currently meet the Prem standards 
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 18:10
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Roslyn Park does not, on this planet currently meet the Prem standards 
o

Not sure their team does either
RAID ON
Even Older Hooker View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 18:23
Ooh Raider. How perceptive.
Happy Xmas all posters
Another one against the head
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 20:34
Like Quidditch World Cup, Muggles can’t see the 90,000 witches and wizards watching Ampthill matches.

Next Whiskey please
Looking forward to new beginnings.
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 10:36
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-10380531/Ealing-Doncaster-await-Premiership-promotion-verdict-applying-join-expanded-tier.html

This has just been tweeted, dont know how much truth is in it.

Edited by KnightsBoy - 08 Jan 2022 at 13:09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic