National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2XV Teams in National Leauge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 23:22
Originally posted by Lord_Kitchener Lord_Kitchener wrote:

Originally posted by Scrumtime Scrumtime wrote:

Half the sides in National 1 do not run a 2nd xv.
Some do only at the start of the season when they require "squad" players game time.
Most don't from mid Oct onwards
For those that do, they play in Zoo 1, which is classified as level 5, according the referee appointments.

I would suggest, its totally pointless any side at National 1 or National 2 level plying a 2nd xv at level 7.
The jump between the 1st xv and 2nd xv will be too big.

It's yet another poorly thought out fix from the RFU.

Raging Bull 1 and 2 (ex Zoo) are made up of a mixture of Champ / Nat 1 / Nat 2 and Nat 3 clubs.

Raging Bull 1 = level 6
Raging Bull 2 = level 7

I don’t see Surrey going with this as their highest reserve league is a level 8 I believe which includes mostly second teams.

The Raging Bull pretty much sums up 2nd XV rugby no week is the same.
Players can range form Levels 2 to 7, with sometimes internationals playing against social players. However it is the best 2nd XV competition operating at the moment.
I don't see why the RFU won't allow 2nd XV's to play higher up the pyramid, at least to Level 6....

tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 19:45
Originally posted by dropout22 dropout22 wrote:

Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Leicester Lions 3rds are in the Leicestershire local Merit league, the 2nds are in the Raging Bull league, not sure if there are any plans to get involved in any others.

Their 2nd XV have actually been kicked out of the RB now, as they refused to fufill any away games.
Leicester Lions are playing in the Raging Bull league this weekend, so clearly your information is incorrect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic