National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum LockedCup cancellation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 17:57
It appears 3 clubs have had 3 matches postponed so i assume they will be played on the 3 reserve weekends. I imagine the problem will arise, and a revamping of the cup, if any more matches are cancelled involving any of these 3 teams.
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 16:01
26/3 from what i understand is actually 1 of the 3 covid/rest weekends that were put in place internally via the Clubs. So season format decisions as of yet have been made.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 15:49
I've just seen a notification from Richmond that their home Championship match Vs Coventry, postponed due to Covid  has been rescheduled for 26th March.

I note that this date (26th March) is the week following the scheduled end of the season.

Is this the first official sign that the RFU has cancelled plans for a cup competition this season, thereby removing a minimum of two home matches income from each club in the Championship, and removing two guaranteed home matches from each season ticket sold?9

Edited by OldNick - 12 Jan 2022 at 15:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic