National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Rearranged games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 15:42
Originally posted by kempstonblue kempstonblue wrote:

Would it be a league?
To cut travel, would you invite National 1 or Premiership clubs? Using a regional league system?
I just think potentially you would be better with a smaller competition that provides good competition for these squads wider playing group, but dosen't put too much pressure on them should injuries or any other issues arise. 
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 22:26
The Raging Bull Shield works pretty well & runs with a bit more flexibility than RFU leagues, I'm not sure a dedicated 2nd XV league would be any better, trying to shoe-horn a diverse collection of clubs into a set format.

Jersey made the error of beating Richmond Saxons 25-21 at home in October... setting up a trip to the RAG last w/e, when the Reds lost 75-12 to the Vikings. But we don't tend to have many such mismatches...
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 09:45
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

The Raging Bull Shield works pretty well & runs with a bit more flexibility than RFU leagues, I'm not sure a dedicated 2nd XV league would be any better, trying to shoe-horn a diverse collection of clubs into a set format.

Jersey made the error of beating Richmond Saxons 25-21 at home in October... setting up a trip to the RAG last w/e, when the Reds lost 75-12 to the Vikings. But we don't tend to have many such mismatches...
A saxons team, that should really have been called a Club XV!. As players were drawn from across all the club's teams. Their backline consisted of 5 forwards and 2 backs by the end of it. 
How many teams have come over this season to play Athletic?
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:48
Athletic Fixtures & Results 2021-22 - Jersey Reds

For completeness also worth noting Ladies:

Edited by corporalcarrot - 09 Feb 2022 at 10:51
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 11:28
Originally posted by dropout22 dropout22 wrote:

Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

A saxons team, that should really have been called a Club XV!. As players were drawn from across all the club's teams. Their backline consisted of 5 forwards and 2 backs by the end of it. 
How many teams have come over this season to play Athletic?

It's been tricky this season, with various Covid measures in place at the border until earlier this month. They didn't stop teams coming, but presented extra challenges in terms of people being vaccinated, tested on arrival etc - a lot of people of rugby-playing age weren't double-jabbed until late 2021, by which point we had the Omicron wave rearing up. It should get easier now, with several clubs lined up for trips during March and April...
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 18:02
The last round of Championship matches pushed into first weekend of April due to CoVid delays. The Cup starts April 9th.

Depending who you are season ends weekend April 2nd or sometime in May.

RFU Championship: Final round of fixtures pushed back after Covid-19 delays
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60323361

The older I get, the more the RFU leave me confused.
dunc999 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 08:56
I'm really confused as I saw this the other day, yet Blues tweeted last night that our final game away at Scottish is "rearranged" to March 19th????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic