National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

LSE1 Week 16 Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSE1 Week 16 Results
    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 10:33
Well a much tougher week to predict with Westcombe Park turning over Dorking and Maidenhead beating Tunbridge Wells

Nobody got the Westcombe Park win result which was a really good game until the 22nd minute sending off of the Dorking lock for a dangerous tackle which changed the make up of the game but a couple did go for Maidenhead so well done Fez Ant Pucker and Wally with 27 each.

No change at  the top with Kentish mean moving 2pts clear of Ghanian Eagle. In the real league table we have 3 sides on 64 points, Sevenoaks, Hertford and Dorking with North Walsham on 59 but with a game in hand with!

Tipster Week 16 Leader
Kentish Man 23 382
Ghanian Eagle 22 380
Dickon 23 371
SurreyRugby 23 362
Ancient Oak 22 362
Fatty1973 23 360
Clueless like most 23 360
alacadoo trainee 24 357
Westcombe Ranger 23 356
Carlos Fandango 18 354
Havant Tony 18 352
Big Chief 23 348
Fez Ant Plucker 27 345
Bruce Elliot 19 338
Fatbear 22 334
Shamrose 19 322
Oyster Catcher 23 319
Scumtime 22 319
Karlos F 18 318
@boatyjames 18 316
Robb 18 314
Wally 27 311
Blahblahblah 23 311
dave2dave 21 306
anonymous 23 301
Welshie 18 299
Thunderpants 22 298
Lord Kitchener 18 280
MaidsBoy 18 271

Edited by Shamrose - 24 Jan 2022 at 10:33
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 15:20
Shamrose was you at the Dorking v WP game? Interested to know what happened there, as you say nobody saw that result coming. Excellent result for WP and back to back losses for Dorking, any panic at the Big Field?

Hertford purring now, looking very strong.

Edited by PM009 - 24 Jan 2022 at 15:21
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 16:39
I was at the game but didnt see the sending off 

From what i could see from far end he had awarded a penalty to Dorking but then something happened away from the ball, someone said it was dangerous or tip tackle but no idea 

No panic yet, that will only happen if they lose at CS Stags on SaturdayWink
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 17:46
Fair enough, I saw WP earlier in the season and didn't envisage them getting the result they have of late.

I also can’t see you slipping up to CS so panic averted, good luck Thumbs Up
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 19:02
Judging by Dorkings match reports they have had some really poor refs these past two weeks which can't help when you're on a promotion charge 
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 19:22
Ah.......... the refs fault, that old chestnut! 
SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 19:27
Hi. I was at the dorking game. WP are a very different side. They played well and made it tough for dorking. I have no doubt that 15 vs 15 the result probably would have gone dorkings way. I didn't see the sending off either. The problem is that the refs do not have the benefit of TJs. The other issue is that a lot of the refs have just left school. They are tossed into difficult games. I guess it builds their experience for greater things.
WESTCOMBE RANGER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 19:32
Originally posted by PM009 PM009 wrote:

Fair enough, I saw WP earlier in the season and didn't envisage them getting the result they have of late.

I also can’t see you slipping up to CS so panic averted, good luck Thumbs Up
 Depends what game you watched because in certain games we were, in my opinion, Clueless (unlike most)  
A link to the Dorking report is:

http://dorkingrfc.com/news/dorking-vs-westcombe-park-match-report
Am not trying to big my club up at all, as you would expect a full team to beat 14 men  over 60 minutes, unless you weren't that good, so yes we've improved but by how much, time will tell. 
The older I get, the better I was.
PM009 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PM009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 19:54
Hi WESTCOMBE RANGER, I saw you play Sevenoaks and it wasn’t good. I have been impressed with the recent run of results, not least turning over Dorking last week, all the best Thumbs Up
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 20:07
Originally posted by PM009 PM009 wrote:

Hi WESTCOMBE RANGER, I saw you play Sevenoaks and it wasn’t good. I have been impressed with the recent run of results, not least turning over Dorking last week, all the best Thumbs Up
Against Sevenoaks, we were pants !! 
secondrow View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secondrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 22:53
i thought the referee in the Hertford Dorking game was pretty good, I read the Dorking report on the game and didnt see anything that was written that was negative against her.  Finally I thought that the Dorking report was a very good refection of the game, except that he did get the sequence of scores wrong in the second half, it went 12-0, 12-5, 19-5, 19-10.
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 11:02
Originally posted by SurreyRugby SurreyRugby wrote:

Hi. I was at the dorking game. WP are a very different side. They played well and made it tough for dorking. I have no doubt that 15 vs 15 the result probably would have gone dorkings way. I didn't see the sending off either. The problem is that the refs do not have the benefit of TJs. The other issue is that a lot of the refs have just left school. They are tossed into difficult games. I guess it builds their experience for greater things.

Not making excuses for D's defeat on saturday as I thought WP were really up for it from the ko. and the early signs were ominous. WP were feisty, and fuelled with intent and stopped D's getting into a rhythm. Cant believe I also missed the red card (was re-fuelling at the bar), but it is what it is. No good complaining about refs as this is not our sport and I dont like to see it. We have to get on with it. We might need to reflect on our discipline. Having just lost a key front row for 3 weeks for indiscipline, (he returned saturday), it now seems we await the same fate for our lock, and whatever the cause or mitigation it happened, and this is not what we need entering the final 3 months of the season.
In support of my team I must add that we have had a few key players missing for various reasons (injuries mainly) but Dorking will not panic. We are joint top of 3 and I can see this season going right to the wire. It will be interesting as I did say in an earlier post that IMO WP would have a say in the outcome of the title. How about these games in the coming weeks???

Westcombe Park v Hertford - 19.2.2022
North Walsham v Sevenoaks - 5.3.2022
Havant v Hertford - 12.3.2022
Dorking v Sevenoaks - 26.3.2022
Wimbledon v North Walsham - 26.3.2022
North Walsham v Dorking - 2.4.2022
Dorking v Wimbledon - 9.4.2022
Sevenoaks v Hertford - 23.4.2022

Plenty of ups and downs to come.

Edited by FEZ ANT PLUCKER - 25 Jan 2022 at 11:06
Fezantplucker
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Westcombe Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTCOMBE RANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 11:13
Fair comment Fez Ant 
There are also 2 rearranged games that WP have preceeding those quoted just to add some extra spice.
1. WP v Sevenoaks 5.2.22
2. North Walsham v WP 26.2.22 
secondrow View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secondrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 11:15
The most interesting one will be the last game of the season, Sevenoaks at home to Hertford, could it be first against second, or even more crucial second against third?
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 11:20
Originally posted by WESTCOMBE RANGER WESTCOMBE RANGER wrote:

Fair comment Fez Ant 
There are also 2 rearranged games that WP have preceeding those quoted just to add some extra spice.
1. WP v Sevenoaks 5.2.22
2. North Walsham v WP 26.2.22 
Well spotted WR. I was going from pre-season fixtures and overlooked the re-scheduled games. Even more interesting.
Fezantplucker
SurreyRugby View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 13:32
I read this week that the Championship is limiting its numbers to 12 teams next season. is this correct?
If this is the case, and Ealing get promoted, then:
1. 12 teams in Championship next year means 2 go up from Nat 1
2. This leaves 13 in Nat 1, which means only 1 team goes up. does this mean the winners of Nat 2 North and South play off??
3. If the above is correct, that leaves 31 teams in Nat 2 leagues. If there are 3 leagues of 14 in the new structure, that makes 42 teams at this level, meaning there are 11 promotion spots from the 4 Premier Leagues.

does this all make sense?
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 14:06
NOPE !!!😂
Think you need to get out a bit  more👍😂

Edited by HAVANT TONY - 25 Jan 2022 at 14:08
Bin Licker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bin Licker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 14:38
I am sure it has been discussed at length before but do we have any idea on what the geographical areas will be for the 3 National Leagues?
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 15:04
Given how tight it is at the top I wondered how the League table is arrived at which is as follows

If two or more Clubs have the same number of League points at the end of the Season, final league positions shall be determined firstly by the number of wins achieved, then the number of draws and then on the basis of match points scored. 
 (i) A Club with a larger number of wins in the League shall be placed higher than a Club with the same number of League points but fewer wins. 
 (ii) A Club with a larger number of draws shall be placed ahead of a Club with a fewer number of draws. 
(iii) If Clubs have equal League points and an equal number of wins and draws in the League then a Club with a larger difference between match points ‘for’ and match points ‘against’ shall be placed higher in the League than a Club with a smaller difference between match points ‘for’ and match points ‘against’. 
(iv) Should two Clubs have the same number of League points and an equal number of wins and draws, and the same match points difference, a Club having scored more match points ‘for’ shall be placed higher in the League than a Club having the lesser number of match points ‘for’. 
 (v) If this still does not establish the positions then the Clubs involved shall be ranked according to the number of matches won, excluding the first League match of the season. If necessary, this process shall be extended to exclude the second match, third match and so on until the final positions are established

So the top 3 all have 13 wins but Hertford lead thanks to the draw.  Sevenoaks are 2nd due to the points diff but they have played CS twice. If North Walsham win their spare game they would probably stay 4th as they have a lesser points diff than Dorking

After the anti-climax of 2019/2020 this could be a humdinger of a finish  
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 15:07
SurreyRugby - you are more or less correct in your assumptions although final number of promotions will need to be tweaked once we know the future of London Scottish and Championship numbers are finally confirmed
Bin Licker - Nat2 will be made up of North, South East and South West which is meant to mean less travelling but when illustrative leagues based on 2019/20 final tables were circulated it produced some weird computations (eg Chester in South West) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic