National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

London Irish V EXETER CHIEFS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London Irish V EXETER CHIEFS
    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 09:47
I went to this match at the new Brentford stadium last Saturday ( Ealing Trailfinders postponed ) There was parking on a building site very close to the ground £20. There were four of us , all Ealing Trailfinders supporters. Surprisingly we spotted several groups of Ealing supporters and we commented that were more supporters there than many home games.

I very rarely go to Premiership games , maybe one or two per season but this match was incredibly entertaining and the atmosphere was extremely good. The crowd was over 11, 000 and a huge Exeter Chiefs crowd were very vocal and added to the London Irish supporters. It was obvious that whole families turned up making a real day of it.

My friends purchased the tickets and my ticket was £15, I purchased two spicy chicken pies £ 9 ! yes both for me ! no chips. No complaints on any of the pricing 

The final score was  London Irish 18  To  14 EXETER CHIEFS. It was typical Chiefs style with two quick tries , 14 nil down all scored by bashing through the forwards . The Irish came back with open running rugby and by half time led 18 to 14 . Matt Cornish ( ex Ealing Trailfinders Academy and first team hooker ) scored one of the tries .The second half with no scoring was still enthralling in that Exeter Chiefs could not break the Irish robust defence.

I really enjoyed the visit to the new stadium 
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 11:54
I thought this was a forum for 'National League' Clubs, events and activities.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 13:16
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

Looks like it's being used as a confessional by Championship fans getting a fix of Premiership rugby.  LOL
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 15:01

A needlessly-disrespectful, grumpy post Sid; it is a NL forum, with sections for every level from 2-6 inclusive; but clubhouse chat surely exists as an 'AOB' area for other aspects of the game to be discussed, in the same way as might happen at your club in the bar after a match, with someone discussing, for example, a Prem game they'd watched on TV the night before? This thread was nothing if not clearly-labelled, offering those with no interest in the Prem to avoid it...
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 15:14
Clubhouse chat .....Sid talking rugby , crowds , food, parking, ticket price , new rugby venue with an ex Championship player from my  club who I coached albeit briefly.

The main reason for my post was that possibly my team will being playing these teams . Cheer up Sid LOL

Edited by No 7 - 04 Feb 2022 at 15:24
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 16:11
Originally posted by Steve@Mose Steve@Mose wrote:

Looks like it's being used as a confessional by Championship fans getting a fix of Premiership rugby.  LOL

I agree.
Life must be hard on £250k from the RFU.
All Knwoing All Seeing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic