National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Promotion and Relegation - It's hotting up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 17:46
and now for Cinderford to control the relegation.

Blackheath at home on 30th and Leeds away the following week....no pressure
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 02:41
Can someone remind me please.

I am presuming 3 go down from Nat 1 and that Hull and (probably) Esher come up from N2N & N2S?

That would leave 14 teams in the league next season? 

Sorry just answered my own question. Forgot no one relegated from Championship so with Caldy being promoted that leaves 14 so the bottom 2 would be replaced by The Divisional winners of Nat 2 as named above.

Edited by Rothman2 - 26 Apr 2022 at 02:51
As one door closes…….another one slams in your face.
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 07:21
Remember Rothman OEs have already gone, so from the league it’s only 2 of the current teams
So many Christians not enough Lions
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 09:53
Where do OEs end up now? National 2 ? or Kent 1? or something similar to Level 8/9/10?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:18
I am not sure if OEs have any senior sides this season. I cannot see anything on the Pitchero site, or in the Kent Merit league tables.

As far as I can see they are only running their minis, juniors and colts - for which they are winning awards from Kent RFU.

I believe the second team was part of the professional setup that was funded by Secure Trading and they have all gone  when that funding disappeared.

Their third side was in Kent 3.
Sweeney Delenda Est
royal View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 11:28
Will their be a playoff as in the past between the runners up of L2N & L2S ??
oldman View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 11:29
Royal, I understand no play offs only 2 teams promoted.
oldman
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 12:36
No play-off this year, only two teams up.
No play-offs at level 4 for at least the next three years, three leagues and only one up from each league.
However, I believe there will be play-offs at levels 5,6 and 7

Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 13:17
Not at L5 either, as far as I'm aware.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 14:02
Not this year, but I thought they came back next season, but I could be wrong.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 13:52
I believe you're wrong - but I could be wrong.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 14:10
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

I believe you're wrong - but I could be wrong.

No, I'm Spartacus!
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 15:44
Well this would be my theory
3 down from Nat1 to accommodate promotions of the 3 winners of the new Nat2 leagues so no play offs BUT 
Thereon down its 2 leagues feeding into 1 so all dependant on whether 2 or 3 are being relegated from the new Nat2 leagues - if it's 3 then I assume play-offs will be back. If its only 2 being relegated and 2 up then obviously not required/wanted
Haven't seen any indications on this one way or the other so nothing new there - probably be decided two weeks before the end of the season! 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 16:58
I realised that I cannot find the details of promotion and relegation in the last set of documents or the video.
But there was one, which I now cannot find, that compared the structured season, and I thought that had a week for possible play offs.

Level 6 is going to be 12 leagues and level 7 is 16 leagues, so 2 down and 1.5 up is about the only way it could work.

But level 5 and 6 could be 1 up,2 down or 1.5 up and 3 down.

Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic