National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Promotion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 14:58
My understanding is that the new leagues will now be released next week not this. I am certain many clubs have no idea that there is no right of appeal, and plenty will want to when they see it imho! They can always complain to their Council reps for all the good that will do?!?
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 15:05
In defence of the new leagues however, I will say they many clubs will get to play against opponents they have never faced before in league rugby so that is a positive.
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 15:59
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

In defence of the new leagues however, I will say they many clubs will get to play against opponents they have never faced before in league rugby so that is a positive.

And us supporters get to try new luncheon opportunities!  WinkClap
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 19:19

In the proposed North West Premier League (my title) I have seen (and posted on this thread) we have regularly played against each of the other teams named.
If I remember correctly, it’s the same for the majority of the North East League according to the President of York rugby club.
Granted that only two out of X new leagues.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 20:17
It is the Midlands leagues that get shaken up most.
And in the league below, Cumbria is being linked to Northumberland and Durham rather than Lancashire.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 22:08

My understanding is that the new leagues will now be released next week not this. I am certain many clubs have no idea that there is no right of appeal, and plenty will want to when they see it imho! They can always complain to their Council reps for all the good that will do?!?

If it's not for clubs complaining about where they get put, it may be because a club or two has done something naughty and the RFU has to get the discipline (and sanctions) out of the way before they can release anything.
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 08:14
Would imagine trying to work out where OEs will go probably took a bit of time 
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 09:25
Deciding what to do with clubs fielding ineligible players is the more likely reason - OE's fate would have been determined some time ago.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 13:05
If OE's are back in action then they start at the bottom of the pyramid - no real discussion to be had there but there were rumours (and that's all they were as far as I am aware) of RFU ongoing investigations at LSE Prem Clubs surrounding CASC registrations and by implication payments to players and coaches beyond the £10k maximum per year?? 
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 13:54
The RFU Community Game Update yesterday says that Clubs will next week receive details of the new Leagues and the Cup competition for Level 5 and below. 
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 16:31
Not so sure about that Camquin - one league I have seen suggests clubs from 6 different leagues across the South-West and London divisions will be involved!
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 17:57
I've seen our league and we have a 2hr 15 min trip to Banbury at the farthest ,  also a trip to Oxford and Wooton Basset in the mix , I think I counted that we'll be visiting seven different counties !!....So much for keeping the distances down🙄
Although those three are the farthest ,the rest are all an hour or just over away
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 18:56
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

I've seen our league and we have a 2hr 15 min trip to Banbury at the farthest ,  also a trip to Oxford and Wooton Basset in the mix , I think I counted that we'll be visiting seven different counties !!....So much for keeping the distances down🙄
Although those three are the farthest ,the rest are all an hour or just over away

As a south coast team I would think it is inevitable that you will need to travel a bit further than say a London club - don't forget half of your surrounding area is under water.
RAID ON
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 20:21

So I guess it is the east-west split rather than north-south?

Edited by Robb - 18 May 2022 at 20:24
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 21:02

England has 48 Counties.
6 leagues so roughly 8 counties a league.
So visiting seven counties not that bad.
Looking forward to new beginnings.
Front Jumper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:43
Has the RFU issued the new structure yet 
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:17
Usual RFU failed promise of the 20th May.......

According to the last CGU, Week commencing 23/5
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Jasper99 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasper99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 12:39
They know the new structure because information is being handed around to all sorts. Of course they've made an absolute pigs ear of it and it looks like they are trying to sanction level 3 teams by putting their 2nd teams at level 8 for the most part. 

The problem with this is rather than encouraging players, they get disenchanted at the lack of a contest and either stop playing or move to another club. Is that the RFU's master plan in terms of a fair distribution of players?? If so why not come out and say it! Otherwise clearly come out and say how you are going to stop mismatches, promote player retention and provide meaningful, competitive regional fixtures.

This is not going away and there may be mass withdrawals from these proposed leagues. But of course even then the RFU will look to blame someone else......as a team manager last year was a shambles trying to find fixtures. This year it seems by entering the RFU league structure you are committing 2nd team suicide. What is the answer?

If you think I'm dreaming ask Clifton what happened last year when their 2s went into Gloucester Premier (Level 8). 6 games cancelled because teams didn't want to play them, 2s at the end of the season a lot, lot weaker than they were at the start as players got disenchanted and a knock down effect on their 3rd team in terms of trying to fulfil fixtures.

Front Jumper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 20:06
So the fixtures will be late I guess and clubs get problems with sponsors and functions
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 21:14
Originally posted by Front Jumper Front Jumper wrote:

Has the RFU issued the new structure yet 
God knows why the RFU haven't officially  released  the new leagues yet cos I guess there's a fair few people know what they are...  unofficially  of course !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
  Share Topic