National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - National level 4: NATIONAL TWO  PROPOSED STRUCTURE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National level 4: NATIONAL TWO PROPOSED STRUCTURE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedgley dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 21:36
Originally posted by Penda Penda wrote:

Originally posted by sedgley dave sedgley dave wrote:

Not only Newport. There are clubs like Sandbach, Holmes Chapel, Crewe & Nantwich, Northwich, Winnington Park.... They are below level 5 in most cases, but level 6 will feed into level 5, so they will also be travelling south, if they are below the line, and will be cut off from historic opponents perhaps 10 miles away.

We (Sandbach) have been in the Midlands at level 5 for a few seasons now. It's a long time since we played any of our traditional local rivals. 

Suspect with Level 5 being somewhat 'top heavy' in the North West we will probably stay in the Midlands

Penda - I think you're fine while you're at level 5, but one promotion and you will be following the road to Redruth. There isn't going to be a 'Midlands' as such, but something like a 'West North' as a feeder to 'West'.

That's if I've understood the proposed structure.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 22:58
Originally posted by sedgley dave sedgley dave wrote:

That's if I've understood the proposed structure.

You've clearly not on the same page as HQ. Trying to understand the structure will become clear on September 3rd, unless the season has been changed...... I did read that somewhere 😂
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
sidelined View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidelined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 07:27
Originally posted by Even Older Hooker Even Older Hooker wrote:

From a personal point of view I think the wonderful Worthing supporters would prefer the Clubs and Pubs in SW Big smile

You wouldn't be thinking of The Corner House would youWink
Even Older Hooker View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 08:23
Spot on Sidelined !!!!!LOL

Another one against the head
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 13:52
Looking at the 'illustration' sent be the NCA doing some sums comes up with the following.

Adding Redruth to National 2A gives an average travel distance to Redruth of around 225 miles.
5 clubs with over night stays.

Adding Old Reds and Redruth to National 2A and taking out Chester gives an average travel distance to Redruth of 212 miles.
4 clubs with overnight stays.

For comparison this season the average to Redruth is 258 miles with 12 overnight stays.

I've used >250 miles to calculate over night stays.

So the new structure reduces travel by 858 miles or 1196 miles for Redruth over the season based on the examples used and considerably reduces the need to travel on a Friday.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 14:45
Originally posted by Redted Redted wrote:

Looking at the 'illustration' ...

So much simpler if Redruth were promoted 
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 15:34
The cynic in me wonder if the real aim was just to eliminate overnight stays, and the associated RFU funding.
Sweeney Delenda Est
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 16:20
Where has 'delete' gone?

Edited by FHLH - 19 Mar 2022 at 16:28
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 17:58
Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

Originally posted by Redted Redted wrote:

Looking at the 'illustration' ...

Or relegated on the ‘don’t fit basis’ 😂😂😂joking!!!

It’s not good in my opinion (I am just for a North/South divide of two leagues) but how was a two part national structure able to work and accommodate all parties. 

There are always winners and losers in all decisions/structural re-alignment and you just move on, but sadly not to the disadvantage and detriment of Cornish rugby, a hot bed of Rugby Union. 

Alas, that has been the norm since the introduction of league rugby.

I’m still coming to terms with losing our longest league fixture. Stourbridge Saxons. Unless we both get promoted sometime soon.

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 19 Mar 2022 at 18:01
Give him one with handles on
Thunderbird View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 18:23
CQ my thoughts all the way from the start of this debacle. 
Reduced budget dressed as player welfare. 
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 18:57
Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

Originally posted by FHLH FHLH wrote:

[QUOTE=Redted]Looking at the 'illustration' ...

Or relegated on the ‘don’t fit basis’ 😂😂😂joking!!!

It’s not good in my opinion (I am just for a North/South divide of two leagues) but how was a two part national structure able to work and accommodate all parties. 

There are always winners and losers in all decisions/structural re-alignment and you just move on, but sadly not to the disadvantage and detriment of Cornish rugby, a hot bed of Rugby Union. 

Alas, that has been the norm since the introduction of league rugby.

I’m still coming to terms with losing our longest league fixture. Stourbridge Saxons. Unless we both get promoted sometime soon.

All the best 

ST 

Not sure what you have against Cornish rugby but I’d be delighted if Redruth never set foot on Frozen Park ever again.

Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 19:20
RT 

Nothing against Redruth or Cornish rugby. Re read or even read my post. 

Sadly the ‘Christmas derby’ game against Redruth postponed on the day due to freak weather suggests Rugby  Union could never be a National sport for!! Redruth!! Summer rugby me thinks suits!! Alas again. Joking!! 

As a Point of order and I’m pretty embarrassed and ashamed to mention this. But Sedge (mainly) and Manchester RFC (Remember them) colluded to not only help pay for team travel and accommodation and I think help supporter accommodation over what the REDs called a Manchester weekend. 

The not so Manc Lads came to Sedge wearing Redruth red. We did the same a day later at Grove Park. Having said that Red is very popular and only colour in Manchester.😂😂😂

Just saying. 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 20 Mar 2022 at 08:51
Give him one with handles on
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 22:12
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

The cynic in me wonder if the real aim was just to eliminate overnight stays, and the associated RFU funding.

Not cynical at all - it is the obvious conclusion.
RAID ON
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 17:24
ST utter fruit bats and about as accurate as the RFU assessment of England in the 6N.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 11:02
Just wanted to say well done and congratulations to the Management team, DoR, Coaches and players at Newport(Salop) who yesterday became the FIRST club to be promoted to the new Level 4 structure. (if my maths is right all the leaders in the other RPL's can still be overtaken by the 3rd placed teams)
Well deserved given their 3rd, 3rd, 2nd (being denied a play off) places of the last three seasons. Looking forward to renewing old rivalries with the likes of Bournville, Lucs, Stourbridge and Hinckley (maybe) plus trips down to the south west to experience pastures new
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 13:14
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Just wanted to say well done and congratulations to the Management team, DoR, Coaches and players at Newport(Salop) who yesterday became the FIRST club to be promoted to the new Level 4 structure. (if my maths is right all the leaders in the other RPL's can still be overtaken by the 3rd placed teams)
Well deserved given their 3rd, 3rd, 2nd (being denied a play off) places of the last three seasons. Looking forward to renewing old rivalries with the likes of Bournville, Lucs, Stourbridge and Hinckley (maybe) plus trips down to the south west to experience pastures new

Well done on your promotion.

Does this mean your Xmas derby game will be against Chester?
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 16:01
Well that would make sense but last game before Christmas will be 17 December then no games till 7th Jan - player welfare and all that
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 17:08
So just like this season then.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 19:57
Sorry Camquin we haven't been to these dizzy heights before - thought it was back to back games September through till May😂😂
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 21:15
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Sorry Camquin we haven't been to these dizzy heights before - thought it was back to back games September through till May😂😂

There has normally a 2 week break at Christmas/New Year.

Sometimes there has been an additional 1 week break before Christmas and usually 2 or 3 weekly breaks after the New Year.

The weekly breaks have primarily been used to catch up postponements for bad weather..

Reducing the number of games from 30 to 26 will give an extra 4 weeks for breaks.
RAID ON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic