National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

The RFU's latest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 14:33
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Slight blip there Raider999 - 42 instead of 32
I think you might find these 3 new leagues split in half pretty quickly. Within that 42 you will have 12 or 13 clubs promoted from Level 5 plus the 6 clubs who have escaped relegation from Level 4 (total 18 or 19 clubs of the 42 who will be perceived to be "weaker" - that remains to be seen but it does mean on average there will be 6 or 7 of these clubs in each of the 3 new leagues so hypothetically 8 "established" clubs and 6 "weaker" clubs in each division
Might not work out that way but highly likely I would say. Having said that we will be one of those "weaker" clubs and we can't wait to give it a go - you might be surprised!! 

Thanks for the correction, not sure how I came up with 30.

I sincerely hope the split will be as even as you envisage, however suggestions I have seen in recent weeks point to the South West containing fewer established N2 sides than the other 2 leagues.
RAID ON
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 14:55
Therein lies the rub.
There was a perceived demand to reduce travel, but it is very hard to do that without reducing quality or playing teams more than twice in a season.
And in every suggestion some club will be disadvantaged, and will cry foul.

I believe this reorganization fails to achieve what it sets out to do, but I have not had time, energy or money to prove that.

We are being sol motherhood and apple pie

but are getting the wicked stepmother and her poisoned apples.

I was going to try to link to images, but could not get it to work.

Edited by Camquin - 30 Mar 2022 at 14:57
Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic