National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Latest scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semisonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:37
Stortford 24 - 19 Blackheath
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:38
Sale FC 32 Cinderford 17 FT. 
Cauliflower ear.
semisonic View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semisonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:41
Leeds 27 - Cambridge 38 FT
Albion 34 - 21 TJs FT
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:42
Tykes 27 Cam 38 FT 0-5
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
semisonic View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semisonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:44
Rams 26 - 27 Mose FT. 2 - 5
normski View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:49
RP 17 - 18 Caldy ft
semisonic View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semisonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:54
Stortford 24 - 19 Blackheath. 5 - 1
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:55
?

Edited by FHLH - 02 Apr 2022 at 16:56
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 16:58
Taunton 43 Chinnor 29.FT.
Cauliflower ear.
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 17:05
Outstanding Caldy outstanding 
PropDad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 21:13
Unable to go to Guernsey (to watch Esher) I instead went to Rosslyn Park to watch their top of the table clash with Caldy. 
As a neutral, it was brilliant to watch - I really enjoyed the whole match. ClapClapClap
Sadly, the likely turning point was when Park’s 14 dropped his knee twice on the head of a Caldy player holding him into a ruck - 5m from the lino.  The Caldy player got a yellow card and the Park player received red.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 08:42
I also went to the Rock as a neutral - great game. Two superb tries in the second half, not to mention a monster 50:22 kick by a hooker, Hearn of Caldy. Agree with PD the red-card incident, which I didn’t see, was a key moment, RP also lost 2 of their key men, A Ellis & Robinson, to injury. The Ravers played brilliantly to control game in 2nd half, with a large/noisy following behind them. Hope BE & his entourage had a good day & got home ok, rather than waking up in a rail siding in Fort William?
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 12:02
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

I also went to the Rock as a neutral - great game. Two superb tries in the second half, not to mention a monster 50:22 kick by a hooker, Hearn of Caldy. Agree with PD the red-card incident, which I didn’t see, was a key moment, RP also lost 2 of their key men, A Ellis & Robinson, to injury. The Ravers played brilliantly to control game in 2nd half, with a large/noisy following behind them. Hope BE & his entourage had a good day & got home ok, rather than waking up in a rail siding in Fort William?

Great day out......I was unexpectedly and undeservedly elevated to the top table for lunch, great hospitality from Nick Goddard and his wife Sian. Delighted that Nick had fallen hook line and sinker for Caldy's spoof April 1 match preview .

It was a full blooded game with Caldy's defence and greater intensity winning the day. The sun was shining and Caldy arrived with the promised 'hundreds' of 'noisy and vociferous' supporters. 

Thankfully Graham's expert logistics got us all back to Euston in time for the 7.07 to Liverpool. 
There will be sore heads today but luckily not for me...as I have repeatedly told my doctors I am only an occasional drinker.......

A few amongst the Caldy contingent may not be able to hold a sensible conversation for a while

Edited by Big Eddie - 03 Apr 2022 at 13:23
''The future isn't what it used to be''
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 12:44
Originally posted by Big Eddie Big Eddie wrote:

Great day out......I was unexpectedly and undeservedly elevated to the top table for lunch, great hospitality from Nick Goddard and his wife Sian. Delighted that Nick had fallen hook line and sinker for Caldy's spoof April 1 match preview .

It was a full bloodied game with Caldy's defence and greater intensity winning the day. The sun was shining and Caldy arrived with the promised 'hundreds' of 'noisy and vociferous' supporters. 

Thankfully Graham's expert logistics got us all back to Euston in time for the 7.07 to Liverpool. 
There will be sore heads today but luckily not for me...as I have repeatedly told my doctors I am only an occasional drinker.......

A few amongst the Caldy contingent may not be able to hold a sensible conversation for a while

Glad the day went well, I trust staff on the Euston service had ordered some extra stocks of isotonic post-game refreshments?

Has Graham turned the outer reaches of his logistics radar to the potential trip to Jersey in 22/23? Or would that be tempting fate during what promises to be a tight conclusion to N1 during the remainder of April? 
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 13:16

Glad the day went well, I trust staff on the Euston service had ordered some extra stocks of isotonic post-game refreshments?

Has Graham turned the outer reaches of his logistics radar to the potential trip to Jersey in 22/23? Or would that be tempting fate during what promises to be a tight conclusion to N1 during the remainder of April? 

Way too early to consider a trip to Jersey as anything more than a possibility. Bishop Stortford, Rams and Sale still to play and will certainly need 3 wins and probably at least one or two with a bonus point to still be in the mix. 

However, the Ravers live in the moment, one game at a time. Never beaten Bishop Stortford at Paton Field and after yesterday's intensity will there be a hangover ? Plenty amongst the Caldy supporters!

The great day out in the Capital was only marred for me by one incident. I was warned that previous Caldy visits to the Rock have seen extremes of weather. I went prepared with a choice stout shoes or trainers and light weight fleece or fluorescent waterproof jacket.

Rosslyn Park's cloak room rail was invaluable although clearly wasn't secure. To the perpetrator who stole my trainers and hi viz jacket ......"You can run but you can't hide'
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 16:39
I was also at the game throughly enjoyable and the better team one on the day
Every Caldy supporter I met seem to come from the south of England including one gentleman who use to play for Caldy in the 1980s 
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 18:16
Originally posted by Member728 Member728 wrote:

I was also at the game throughly enjoyable and the better team one on the day
Every Caldy supporter I met seem to come from the south of England including one gentleman who use to play for Caldy in the 1980s 

Yes....I only expected about half a dozen to travel but in fact there was about 50 who came down for the day and probably two or three hundred more Caldy people who now live in London. One ex Caldy player Richard Mahony who was captain of Rosslyn Park for 2 or 3 years around 2006 came to cheer on one of the sides but pre match he was somewhat coy about which side he would be supporting......

The 300+ Caldy supporters who cheered on the Ravers helped to create a very good atmosphere and swelled Rosslyn Park's coffers.

Edited by Big Eddie - 03 Apr 2022 at 18:18
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 19:35
The Rugby Paper gives the RosslynPk v Caldy attendance as 1,185, far and away the biggest crowd of the day in Nat Lgs with 882 at Plymouth the next highest. Mind you, TRP also credits the first Caldy try to Joe Royle - good to see the former Everton manager still able to do a job in an alternative code well after his 70th birthday. And most bizarrely of all, the report of Worthing 17 Redruth 22 in N2S is accompanied by the headline 'Barnes treble fails to prevent Caldy victory' Confused
jimbojetset View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbojetset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 20:00

The Rugby Paper gives the RosslynPk v Caldy attendance as 1,185, far and away the biggest crowd of the day in Nat Lgs with 882 at Plymouth the next highest. Mind you, TRP also credits the first Caldy try to Joe Royle - good to see the former Everton manager still able to do a job in an alternative code well after his 70th birthday. And most bizarrely of all, the report of Worthing 17 Redruth 22 in N2S is accompanied by the headline 'Barnes treble fails to prevent Caldy victory' Confused

Attendance figures are often an interesting mixture of guesswork and fantasy. We have a clicker count of 926 on the gates for Sale FC vs Cinderford, whereas I suspect the Rugby Paper has us lower. members and under 18's get in free, so sometimes official numbers are vastly different to reported numbers based on gate receipts. For example our pre-christmas game against Caldy has an attendance figure of 416. Well, given that we had 190 pre-match hospitality upstairs and Caldy turned up with a big number of supporters, I suspect the figure was closer to 1000 than 400.

Edited by jimbojetset - 03 Apr 2022 at 20:03
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 20:06
Jimbo Lad....could be a few for the Caldy v Sale game regardless of what happens between now and then. If the sun is out likely to be 1,000+ no matter what the Rugby Paper says ....if it is wet and miserable could still be above a 100 watching from a steamy clubhouse
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic