National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National 1 Prediction league 2022 week 30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National 1 Prediction league 2022 week 30
    Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 21:31
Birmingham Moseley v Sale FC
Blackheath v Rams
Caldy v Bishop's Stortford
Cambridge v Taunton
Chinnor v Rosslyn Park
Darlington Mowden Park v Plymouth Albion
Tonbridge Juddians v Leeds Tykes

Sweeney Delenda Est
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 00:27
Birmingham Moseley 1 v 5 Sale FC - could be game of the week however I feel Moseley may fall short due to the pace of the sale back line let alone the the big lads up front. 
Blackheath 4 v 1 Rams Club get their finger out and reduce the Rams threat picking up a win in low scoring affair
Caldy 5 v  0 Bishop's Stortford Come on Caldy …. Big E’s match day breakfast is powering on the shock of the season can’t wait to see them get promoted and win the league against all the odds…. Let’s just hope Big E can make the breakies for a championship club soon enough 
Cambridge 5 v 1 Taunton Bar DMP best back line in the league major difference have the forwards to gain the ball and let them play. Taunton should grab a few tries but can see this being one of the highest scoring games of season
Chinnor 4 v 1 Rosslyn Park - Park drop more points against a very well drilled Chinnor side who will grind out the result. Park must be kicking themselves giving away the title this year
Darlington Mowden Park 5 v 1 Plymouth Albion I see Plymouth scoring 4 tries pre half time…. DMP sleeping due to break but running away with second half. Again high scoring affair, DMP are all but safe so may give them the chance to actuallY play some rugby and get the arena bouncing 
Tonbridge Juddians 2 v 5 Leeds Tykes would love to see TJs pick this one up but I think they will be there ot there abouts but just bullied out of the game in last 15 mins

All the above are purely opinions guessing mostly completely incorrect, I hope nothing caused any offence and taken as good sport

Edited by front5 - 03 Apr 2022 at 00:27
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 09:10
Birmingham Moseley 4 Sale FC 1.
Blackheath 1 Rams 4.
Caldy 5 Bishop's Stortford 0.
Cambridge 5 Taunton 1.
Chinnor 1  Rosslyn Park 4.
Darlington Mowden Park 5 Plymouth 1.
Tonbridge Juddians 1 Leeds Tykes 4.
Cauliflower ear.
normski View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 23:55
Birmingham Moseley 1  Sale FC 4
Blackheath 5  Rams 1
Caldy 5  Bishop's Stortford 0
Cambridge 5  Taunton 1
Chinnor 1  Rosslyn Park 4
Darlington Mowden Park 5  Plymouth 1.
Tonbridge Juddians 4  Leeds Tykes 0
upnorthcombine View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upnorthcombine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 19:59
Birmingham Moseley 1 v 4 Sale FC 4 
Blackheath 1 v 4 Rams 
Caldy 5 v 0 Bishop's Stortford 
Cambridge 5 v 1 Taunton 
Chinnor 1 v 4 Rosslyn Park 
Darlington Mowden Park 5 v 1 Plymouth 
Tonbridge Juddians 4 v 1 Leeds Tykes 

Edited by upnorthcombine - 04 Apr 2022 at 19:59
greenpower View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 20:45
birmingham m  1  5  sale fc
blackheath        5 1 rams
caldy                 5 0 bishops stortford
cambridge          5 1 taunton
chinnor              0  5 rosslyn p
dmp                  5  0 plymouth
tonbridge            1 5 leeds
Rich View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 21:32
I've been top two weeks in a row Confused so here are the weekend's results for those that cannot wait...Ouch

Birmingham Moseley 0 v 5 Sale FC

Blackheath 4 v 1 Rams
Caldy 5 v 1 Bishop's Stortford
Cambridge 5 v 0 Taunton
Chinnor 0 v 5 Rosslyn Park
Darlington Mowden Park 5 v 0 Plymouth Albion
Tonbridge Juddians 0 v 4 Leeds Tykes

Edited by Rich - 07 Apr 2022 at 16:16
Silverleys View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 22:49
Birmingham Moseley 1 Sale FC 5.
Blackheath 4 Rams 1.
Caldy 2 Bishop's Stortford 5.
Cambridge 5 Taunton 1.
Chinnor 1  Rosslyn Park 4.
Darlington Mowden Park 5 Plymouth 1.
Tonbridge Juddians 1 Leeds Tykes 4.
Beware the law of unintended consequences
Silverfish View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 17:44
Birmingham Moseley 0  Sale FC 4
Blackheath 1  Rams 4
Caldy 5  Bishop's Stortford 0
Cambridge 5  Taunton 0
Chinnor 0  Rosslyn Park 5
Darlington Mowden Park 4  Plymouth 0.
Tonbridge Juddians 4  Leeds Tykes 1
Silverfish
Victor View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 05:28
Birmingham Moseley 0 v 5 Sale FC 4 
Blackheath 4 v 1 Rams 
Cambridge 5 v 0 Taunton 
Chinnor 0 v 5 Rosslyn Park 
Darlington Mowden Park 4 v 1 Plymouth 
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 10:34

Well what a weekend that was:

Caldy turn up at the Rock and go home with the rewards, in what, having watched it, was a great game. Full praise for The Ravers but I'm not sure that sending off affected the game that much, Caldy lost their tight head for 10 as well at the time so the 15-14 advantage was only for 24 minutes of remaining time. I think the difference was and this is no slight on Park, Caldy rolled their sleeves up and wanted it more for the whole game. Park thought it was their given right to go into the Champ, throw it around at home, big crowd and come up trumps, the writing was on the wall for all to see a few weeks before when Rams came to the Rock and went toe to toe, that I would say was Caldy’s blueprint, gave Park no respect, see how they deal with that  and come away with the result. As said this is no slight on Park and just my view. Park are great when the suns out and they are playing at home or you never want to take a Friday night under lights offer, because that's when they are in their comfort zone, but when the going gets tough, the question is, are there enough players that really want it enough or just think its their right to win? I know what my answer is!

Look I also base my comments on the following facts. This is my view and I really don’t mean to upset anybody, but history does not lie. In 18/19 they were in the mix at the top with 5 games to go, went to Ampthill, thought just turning up was enough, gave up a 20 point lead in the last 15 minutes when Ampthill wanted it more and got turned over, out of the promotion running, battle was left to Ampthill and OEs to fight it out. In 19/20, Yes had a great Friday night win v Richmond in the last game of that season before it was cut short, which many dined out on all lock down, saying they should be in the Champ not Mond, because we would have caught them, but the reason they did not finish top was not lock down or the season being cut short, it was the loss at Chinnor and Plymouth the previous weeks, people forget that, two grounds where you got to roll you sleeves up and dig deep. They again  finished 3rd, behind Mond and Rams having been pre season favorites.

This year look at the results, lost 7 games, nobody has ever gone up losing that amount, but of those 7 all the sides I’d say have gone toe to toe with Park and not given them any respect and I think, yet again, they will finish 3rd. On paper, I would say they have the best squad in the league, especially with the addition of the players from OEs, they seem to add coaches at the drop of the hat, lot of press about  Redpath then the same with  O'Brain and over the last couple of weeks Danny Ward, money does not seem to be an issue, but I ask two questions, why are they losing 1/3 of their games with that infrastructure, to lose games at home on that pitch as well is not acceptable or should not be, its a massive home advantage, like no other side has in the league. What is better a side like Caldy that fight tooth and nail for every inch on the pitch together or a side that when it clicks look world beaters, but everything has to be going their way for it to click. 

Please any Park supporters don’t get upset because, I’ll say it again, it's not a slight its my view, but with the team sheets you can field you should have had this league done and dusted in Jan, not needing a 80 minute spin of a coin lottery at home, where anything can happed, which it did . That's 3 season's on the bounce, when they have had the most money to spend In the league, one if not the best squad's on paper and playing 50% of the games on plastic which is a massive advantage. It then In turn asks a massive question, what's is going wrong? because something very clearly is! Once is a mistake, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern…Park now have that monkey on their back they need to get rid of as well! 

Onto this week

Birmingham Moseley v Sale FC 0-5 Sale can smell 2nd spot and if Ealing win the court appeal a place in the Champ and like last week, they just don’t give up.

Blackheath v Rams 1-5 Rams will want this. Yes Club are back in trouble after another loss last week and they will be preying for a TJs win v Leeds this week, even the addition of Paul Volley to the staff won’t make any difference yet. Rams owe Blackheath one after the home loss in Nov, which still hurts as it was one of several poor home performances. On the road I think Rams will want to rock up and put the record books straight, which will not be good news for a very fragile club side

Caldy v Bishop's Stortford 5-1 My only worry is this could be after the Lords Mayors show. Stortford won’t give a to55 about Caldy position and will play. On paper Caldy should have too much but and its a big but, if they are not on the money, they will come unstuck in this game, Stort’s league position is not true reflection!

Cambridge v Taunton 5-2 Massive high scoring game. Cambridge to win but could be over 100 points in this game.

Chinnor v Rosslyn Park 1-5 Too little too late from Park. They will win this, but a few might be suffering from last weeks hangover and yet again this could be closer than it should!

Darlington Mowden Park v Plymouth Albion. 5-2 DMP at home and a long long trip for the 18 from Albi. Last weeks result for Alibi has given them a lot of hope to avoid the drop, but a some stage going light on players each week is going to come back to bite them, just because this is Nat 1 and the bench gets fully used, that's why you have 20.

Tonbridge Juddians v Leeds Tykes. 1-5 Big game for 2 clubs, Leeds and Blackheath. Leeds will have targeted this as the chance to close the gap and will still have 2 games in hand, Blackheath will be preying that TJs will help them out. 

As always my views, please don’t get upset,  I’m fully aware many don’t agree but it gives you something to think about. 

Edited by Scrumtime - 07 Apr 2022 at 14:38
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 13:36
I wouldn't disagree with anything you have said there Scrumtime.

Caldy took it to Rosslyn Park but when Rosslyn Park clicked they looked to be world beaters. RP played their best rugby when down to 14 only stout Caldy defence kept them out.

In the last 10-15 minutes Caldy kept Rosslyn Park pinned in their 22. Caldy should have had two more tries but uber aggressive defence from Park stopped what looked to be a certain score in the corner and a sizzling Caldy move got 'Iron Mike' Cartmill over but after discussion between the officials a pass somewhere in the build up was adjudged to be forward.

In the last 10-15 minutes Park played as though defending their losing bonus point was everything but I thought a kick in to the back field could have unlocked Caldy. However, I suspect that Park were concerned about turning over possession. Great game and some very nice people at the Rock.

Those predicting a 5-0 win for Caldy against Bishop's Stortford are somewhat optimistic. I agree with everything that Scrumtime says about this fixture:

1. A lot of Caldy energy was used up last week in the match at the Rock
2. Bishop's Stortford are a far better team than their league position suggests and their recent results indicate they are coming back into form
3. It was very close between the sides at Sliverleys
4. After a bone dry month of March, Paton Field's hard fast pitch is ideal for Bishop's Stortford's fast paced open style of play. It feels as though this could be a Taunton all over again
5. Caldy have never beaten Bishop's Stortford at Paton Field!

Edited by Big Eddie - 06 Apr 2022 at 13:42
''The future isn't what it used to be''
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 21:59
Birmingham Moseley 1-4 Sale
Blackheath 1-5 Rams
Caldy 5-1 Bishop's Stortford
Cambridge 5-1 Taunton
Chinnor 1-4 Rosslyn Park
DMP 5-0 Plymouth Albion
Tonbridge Juddians 1-4 Leeds
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 09:06
September 2017 was Caldy's first ever match in National 1. It was against Bishop's Stortford at Silverleys

The whole day made a big impression on me.
1. Fantastic weather
2. Lovely setting
3  Fast paced explosive rugby from Bishop's Stortford (at the time it was more than Caldy was ready for)
4. Brilliantly manicured playing surface
5. Most charming ladies who accomodated us so well and made the day an absolute delight

but the absolute stand out for me were the number of stripey blazers and waistcoats on display. I didn't expect to be so bewildered by a blizzard of blazers...........(thankfully no stripey trousers....it took Tonbridge Juddians to bring in this innovation----and they have done that in a large and spectacular fashion....although I am not sure the look will catch on)

Caldy only have half a dozen blazeratti.....(and one of those should only really count for a half) ...I am not one of them. I expect Bishop's Stortford to win the blazer competition 

Edited by Big Eddie - 07 Apr 2022 at 09:09
Jezmar View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 12:31
Blackheath 4 v 1 Rams
Caldy 5 v 1 Bishop's Stortford
Cambridge 5 v 1 Taunton
Chinnor 5 v 2 Rosslyn Park
Darlington Mowden Park 5 v 0 Plymouth Albion
Tonbridge Juddians 0 v 5 Leeds Tykes
BeeBumble View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeeBumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 16:41
"bewildered by a blizzard of blazers" - magnificent 😱
Me? I'm just buzzin' around!
dwinpenn View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwinpenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 09:33
Blackheath 1 v 5 Rams
Cambridge 5 v 0 Taunton
Chinnor 1 v 5 Rosslyn Park
Darlington Mowden Park 4 v 1 Plymouth Albion
Dave Winpenny
"Confused and old"
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 10:21
Originally posted by Big Eddie Big Eddie wrote:

Caldy only have half a dozen blazeratti..... 

LOL
Half a dozen, about the same as Taunton.
We have Tonbridge in a week's time, I await the stripey trousers with eager anticipation and fully expect the Taunton "blazeratti" to follow suit next season!
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 10:59
Originally posted by RedPete RedPete wrote:

Originally posted by Big Eddie Big Eddie wrote:

Caldy only have half a dozen blazeratti..... 

LOL
Half a dozen, about the same as Taunton.
We have Tonbridge in a week's time, I await the stripey trousers with eager anticipation and fully expect the Taunton "blazeratti" to follow suit next season!

A 6ft 6in Tonbridge President with a stripey blazer, a stripey waistcoat and the longest pair of stripey trousers I have ever seen outside of a Barnum & Bailey Big Top........an arresting sight.

We loved our visit to Tonbridge, but for parts of it we did feel we may have strayed into a parallel universe.......all brought about by the hallucinogenic quality of what looked to be the world's longest stripey trousers (plus a little help from Tonbridge's excellent hospitality.)

My one regret was that the Caldy crew didn't shout 'Pickford's' when we left.......could have been an opportunity to take those amazing technicolour trousers back to the Wirral.....however from the size of the Juddian's President it would have required all of the Caldy pack to get involved.
ParkBench View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkBench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 12:45
Birmingham Moseley 1 Sale FC 5
Blackheath 4 Rams 1
Caldy 5 Bishop's Stortford 0
Cambridge 5 Taunton 1
Chinnor 1  Rosslyn Park 5
Darlington Mowden Park 5 Plymouth 1
Tonbridge Juddians 4 Leeds Tykes 1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic