National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

BUCS Final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BUCS Final
    Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 19:41
Anyone watching the BUCS Super Rugby final, live on YouTube?

Anyone interested in this? Think I prefer to watch this than Oxford v Cambridge, for no particular reason other than it seems more competitive, although there are some Uni teams who have little chance of getting to the final.

All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 09:25
A great game, played in front of a lively and vocal crowd -- some might say, very Huckleberryly Pear! The low score didn't reflect the running-rugby both sides showed in the first half. The second half was played at a slower pace, but there was a thrilling, nail-biting finish. Durham had 2 opportunities to take the lead again, in the last few minutes. But they missed a penalty for 3 points. And with the clock in the red, they spent too many pick and go phases in the Exeter 22. I think they should have entrusted the fly half with a drop goal attempt.

Some very talented young players and will be interesting to see how far their rugby will develop beyond university Smile
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 09:50
Do you have a link to the team sheets for the game?

I'm sure one of our lads is studying at Durham. 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:06
I can only find it on twitter....hope this works for you, let me know pleaseSmile

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 11:16
Originally posted by All the Way All the Way wrote:

I can only find it on twitter....hope this works for you, let me know pleaseSmile

Fixed the link.

Scrum half for Durham is one of ours, great player. 

Good to see he's keeping the rugby going. 

Edited by Deva Delinquent - 15 Apr 2022 at 11:19
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 12:30
For me, he was one of the stand-out players for Durham. Based on his performance in the final, your club should try him at 7. Tongue
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 13:12
I really hope he comes back once he's finished with Uni, purely for selfish reasons.

We've had a good crop of lads coming through the age groups and going on to play for the first team recently, some good enough to be picked up by Sale Sharks for development, but I always like it when they stick around and play for our teams. 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 17:46
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 18:02
Originally posted by All the Way All the Way wrote:

Unfortunately for you and your club, he's heading to Wasps

I heard this today from one of the lads at the game. 

Good luck to him, I hope he manages to break through into the first team. Can't knock anyone wanting to play at a higher level if they're good enough, that's what it's all about. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic