National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Midlands Prem Prediction league. Wk 26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midlands Prem Prediction league. Wk 26
    Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 12:48
Well last week and in our league all to play for prediction wise. I have updated the league scores with the result yesterday so our league looks like this and after leading for most of the season Thatbloke has fallen into 3rd place so it's now Bin Lickers to lose. I see the North Premier prediction league has gone this season. I wonder if there'll be anyone to pick up the new leagues next season?

Bin Licker.                 158

Friendly prop.            154

Thatbloke.                 153

Running man.           150

Stinger                      147

One for the ditch.     126

Rich Mids                   85

This weeks fixtures are. 
Nuneaton v Newport (Salop)
Paviors v Doncaster Phoenix
Sandbach v Burton
Sunny Scunny v Bromsgrove
Sheffield v Broadstreet
Syston v Bridgnorth
Oundle v Dudley Kingswinford

"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 15:32
Thanks for reminding me FP - plucked defeat from the Jaws of victory so I'll probably have to risk dropping out of the medal positions altogether and go for some weird predictions in this last week and hope for a miracle! 
One For The Ditch View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One For The Ditch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 10:29
Nuneaton v Newport (Salop) AW
Paviors v Doncaster Phoenix HW
Sandbach v Burton HW
Sunny Scunny v Bromsgrove HW
Sheffield v Broadstreet HW
Syston v Bridgnorth HW
Oundle v Dudley Kingswinford HW
Stinger View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 19:00
Nuneaton v Newport (Salop)   Away
Paviors v Doncaster Phoenix   Home
Sandbach v Burton   Away
Sunny Scunny v Bromsgrove   Home
Sheffield v Broadstreet   Home
Syston v Bridgnorth   Home
Oundle v Dudley Kingswinford   Away
Winning is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come second are your wife and your dog.     
Running Man View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Running Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 08:11
Newport Doncaster Sandbach Scunny Sheffield Syston DK 
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 11:38
Right - desperation time!
Nuneaton v Newport AWAY I'm not desperate enough to vote against my own teamπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Paviors v Doncaster Phoenix AWAY Good win for Pavs against Scunny in the cup last week but I'll go for Donny - simply because I have to!
Sandbach v Burton AWAY This should be a cracker and I'll plump for the Staffordshire lads
Scunny v Bromsgrove AWAY Doubtful given Grove's away record but I'll give it a punt
Sheffield v Broadstreet HOME Sheff promotion party in a pointsfest
Syston v Bridgnorth HOME Syston to win the battle for 3rd - again another pointsfest in the making
Oundle v DK AWAY Oundle not offered much all season apart from lots of promise and a few near misses

Richmids View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 20:43
Nuneaton v Newport (Salop) AW
Sandbach v Burton HW
Sunny Scunny v Bromsgrove HW
Sheffield v Broadstreet HW
Syston v Bridgnorth HW
Oundle v Dudley Kingswinford AW
Section19 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Section19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 12:21
Hey Richmids, Nuns to lose to the champs?? Thats why I haven't done predictions for a while - couldn't back against the Nuns. Elmo to score a few and the Nuns to WIN. 
Cymru am byth.
Bin Licker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bin Licker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 11:09
I too am very capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I am sticking with my tactic of generally going home unless promotion teams are involved. Without relegation many games become meaningless and home advantage seems to prevail.

Nuneaton v Newport (Salop) AW Home and dry and cannot see Port slipping up
Sandbach v Burton HW always a boisterous home crowd at Bach
Sunny Scunny v Bromsgrove HW Long trip for Grove with nothing to play for bound to be missing/trying new players
Sheffield v Broadstreet HW As above
Syston v Bridgnorth HW As above
Oundle v Dudley Kingswinford AW Going away as Oundle seem to be so off the pace now. That really is the kiss of death!
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 10:17
This weeks guesses

Nuneaton v Newport (Salop) AW Champions to do their bit
Paviors v Doncaster Phoenix HW Not much in it. 
Sandbach v Burton HW Home advantage but Burton playing well recently. 
Sunny Scunny v Bromsgrove HW Got to back the lads pitch good for running rugby. 
Sheffield v Broadstreet HW Sheffield to cement their 2nd place.
Syston v Bridgnorth HW Syston been good at home all season. 
Oundle v Dudley Kingswinford AW Not been the best 1st season for Oundle.

Richmids View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 08:00
Originally posted by Section19 Section19 wrote:

Hey Richmids, Nuns to lose to the champs?? Thats why I haven't done predictions for a while - couldn't back against the Nuns. Elmo to score a few and the Nuns to WIN. 

Section19 I know what you mean it did not feel right going against the Nuns. On a stag in Manchester this weekend so kept checking for the results. Looks like put up a good fight as was not sure if Newport would take it easy as won the league or finish with a bang.

Mixed bag this season after a slow start, luckily no relegation but hope next season we are more midtable.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 11:08
They think it's all over, well it is now. The final week of the Midlands Premier league as we know it.
Star performers this week were OFTD who was the only person to predict the Oundle win Clap, Running man, Rich Mids & That bloke, Clap Clap Clap. Bringing up the rear, Stinger Ouch. Our final league positions are 

Bin Licker.                 163

Thatbloke.                159

Friendly prop.            159

Running man.           156

Stinger                      150

One for the ditch.     132

Rich Mids                   91

That is it for this league it's been a tough league this season, Well done to Newport, the Salopians have been worth their champions role and Sheffield will go up with them. It'll be interesting to see where the remainder of us finish up in the new leagues. I will be sorry to not be travelling to some of the grounds where we have been and meeting what I would now describe as good friends in rugby. It may be that our paths will cross again as does happen in these circles. We may go from being the most northern club in the Midlands to the most southern club in the North east LOL. We will keep some of our NLD teams but gain new teams from the North and start back up rivalries from the days before leagues (for those of us who remember them Wink). There will be some happy with their lot and others less so. Goodbye to those I've met in the prediction league and I'm sorry not to have partaken of a beer with those who I've not. Good luck to you all. 

Section19 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Section19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 17:20
[QUOTE=Friendly prop]They think it's all over, well it is now. The final week of the Midlands Premier league as we know it.
Star performers this week were OFTD who was the only person to predict the Oundle win Clap, Running man, Rich Mids & That bloke, Clap Clap Clap. Bringing up the rear, Stinger Ouch. Our final league positions are 

Bin Licker.                 163

Thatbloke.                159

Friendly prop.            159

Running man.           156

Stinger                      150

One for the ditch.     132

Rich Mids                   91

That is it for this league it's been a tough league this season, Well done to Newport, the Salopians have been worth their champions role and Sheffield will go up with them. It'll be interesting to see where the remainder of us finish up in the new leagues. I will be sorry to not be travelling to some of the grounds where we have been and meeting what I would now describe as good friends in rugby. It may be that our paths will cross again as does happen in these circles. We may go from being the most northern club in the Midlands to the most southern club in the North east LOL. We will keep some of our NLD teams but gain new teams from the North and start back up rivalries from the days before leagues (for those of us who remember them Wink). There will be some happy with their lot and others less so. Goodbye to those I've met in the prediction league and I'm sorry not to have partaken of a beer with those who I've not. Good luck to you all. 

Good Luck to you my friend. Its been a crazy season for the Nuns, all those away games at the start of the season meant our season never got off the ground.Ouch Keep watering the pitch and who knows we may meet up again sooner than you think.Clap
Cymru am byth.
Bin Licker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bin Licker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 10:43
Thank you for organising Friendly Prop. 
I look forward to receiving my case of champagne in the post!
Good luck to all next season. Will be interesting to see where everybody ends up.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 11:06
Congratulations Bin Licker although I wouldn't be keeping your eyes peeled expecting the postman to arrive with a big box!? πŸ˜‚
Many thanks FP for doing all the admin on this and being gracious enough to place me 2nd above your good self. Is it because I predicted more wins, or got more draws or did it come down to points difference? We will miss everyone in Mids Prem but particularly the clubs that we share a special relationship with and that obviously includes Scunny where FP and his cronies always provide wonderful welcomes and hospitality. Thank you from everyone at Newport.
That said times move on, rugby moves on (even though it might seem to be going backwards at times) and we are looking forward to the challenges ahead. I honestly think we'll do alright, it would appear to be a good time to go up with a perceived dilution in standards caused by the re-org.
Good luck everyone - hope you find yourselves where you want to be and maybe we'll meet again following the next restructure (which I predict will come about in 3 years time when Nat1 and Nat2 sides will want their 2nds (if they run them?) entered into the ECC having become totally disenchanted with pampering to the Premiership clubs with loans and Dr's and all that mularky that makes a mockery of the whole league system
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 21:55
Originally posted by Bin Licker Bin Licker wrote:

Thank you for organising Friendly Prop. 
I look forward to receiving my case of champagne in the post!
Good luck to all next season. Will be interesting to see where everybody ends up.
Well unfortunately since you haven't had the gonads to identify yourself it will be difficult to share the prize with you as I did with That bloke this season. Also it's highly unlikely our paths will cross with us heading north unless you're from Pavs, DP, Derby or WB. 
Richmids View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 08:43
Thanks FP for organising this season and good luck next season and to everyone else whos club will be in a new league after this latest shakeup Smile

Section19 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Section19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 15:56
Originally posted by Richmids Richmids wrote:

Originally posted by Section19 Section19 wrote:

Section19 I know what you mean it did not feel right going against the Nuns. On a stag in Manchester this weekend so kept checking for the results. Looks like put up a good fight as was not sure if Newport would take it easy as won the league or finish with a bang.

Mixed bag this season after a slow start, luckily no relegation but hope next season we are more midtable.

Nuns trailed 21-25 with 15 minutes to go and put in a fair performance. Don't know how strong Newport were, but they outlasted the Nuns.
Cymru am byth.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic