National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship Cup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Forum LockedCup Teams - Week Two

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 21:29
You can never tell, maybe the RFU audits on grounds might question the number of trees at Ampthill, the slope at Bedford, the tide being in at Penzance and a shortage of pie at Donny. But there again you can have what you want it the Championship.
Feel free to suggest other possible banana skins.
Bedford Blues Supporter of the Year 2010 - 2011
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 21:30
Amazing win today for Mond. For whatever reason it’s been a mixed  team for both matches. I hope it encourages the ones from the lower echelons to believe In themselves.
pappashanga
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 23:22
Why do Bedford have Pirates and not Ampthill? Were Ealing always getting whichever one of the “lucky losers” was easier on paper? How did Pirates and Doncaster draw each other and Ealing get a bye anyway? Fairly sure Doncaster were top of the table when the competition was announced?
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 23:47
Originally posted by Guinness John Guinness John wrote:

Need to check the Moet & Chandon supply for Caldy supporters and the availability of Pot Noodles, their favourite post match nosh.
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 07:53
(Why do Bedford have Pirates and not Ampthill? Were Ealing always getting whichever one of the “lucky losers” was easier on paper? How did Pirates and Doncaster draw each other and Ealing get a bye anyway? Fairly sure Doncaster were top of the table when the competition was announced?)

Blueman Ealing were top of the league on the date set to decide which team would get a bye in the first round of the cup. An open draw was then held which is how Pirates and Doncaster played each other. The draw for the potential quarter finals was also made so clubs could provisionally sort transport arrangements ie flights to Jersey. Bedford have Pirates as Pirates one of the two best losers in round one. 
Dalesman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 09:37
So can someone tell us the full quarter final draw please? Is it home and away again? Ixs the smi and final also pre-drawn?
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 10:02
Blues are away to Pirates first up and homes on Sat 7 May 3pm and ladies are £10 entry.

https://bedfordrugby.co.uk/news/2022/02/cup-draw-blues-face-nottingham-round-one

Championship Cup – Nottingham (A) – Friday 8th April – KO 7:45pm

Championship Cup – Nottingham (H) – Saturday 23rd April – KO 3pm

Potential Championship Cup Quarter Final Leg 1 – W/E of 30th April

Potential Championship Cup Quarter Final Leg 2 – W/E of 7th May

Potential Championship Cup Semi Final – W/E of 14th May

Potential Championship Cup Final – W/E of 21st May

Pirate Pig View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 10:07
According to the information on the pirates website the quarter finals are over 2 legs.
The semi finals and final are one game to be drawn out of the hat.
It seems strange that all matches so far are over 2 legs but the games in the later stages are not.
Another example of how this cup has been badly organised which is reflected in the low attendances and lack of interest on here.
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 10:57
Originally posted by Guinness John Guinness John wrote:

You can never tell, maybe the RFU audits on grounds might question the number of trees at Ampthill, the slope at Bedford, the tide being in at Penzance and a shortage of pie at Donny. But there again you can have what you want it the Championship.
LOLBrilliant.

Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 10:59
Originally posted by Pirate Pig Pirate Pig wrote:

According to the information on the pirates website the quarter finals are over 2 legs.
It seems strange that all matches so far are over 2 legs but the games in the later stages are not.
Another example of how this cup has been badly organised which is reflected in the low attendances and lack of interest on here.

All very strange - jotted down on the back of an envelope by someone with no idea.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 11:00
I think it ensured all sides had at least two matches.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 11:18
Originally posted by marigold marigold wrote:

(Why do Bedford have Pirates and not Ampthill? Were Ealing always getting whichever one of the “lucky losers” was easier on paper? How did Pirates and Doncaster draw each other and Ealing get a bye anyway? Fairly sure Doncaster were top of the table when the competition was announced?)

Blueman Ealing were top of the league on the date set to decide which team would get a bye in the first round of the cup. An open draw was then held which is how Pirates and Doncaster played each other. The draw for the potential quarter finals was also made so clubs could provisionally sort transport arrangements ie flights to Jersey. Bedford have Pirates as Pirates one of the two best losers in round one. 

But Ampthill are also one of the 2 best losers. How was it decided we’d have Pirates and not Ampthill?
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
Elijah Cadman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elijah Cadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 14:25
 Ealing were pre drawn against the best loser based on points differance (Ampthill -3 I think)   Bedford pre drawn against lowest loser on points difference (CP -10 I think) 
Draw is:

Ealing vs Ampthill
Hartpury vs Jersey
CP vs Bedford
Donnie vs Coventry but I may well be wrong, I often am. 

Edited by Elijah Cadman - 24 Apr 2022 at 14:30
dunc999 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 07:46

I agree it is badly organised, but there were 2400 at Bedford on Saturday
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 08:03
Originally posted by dunc999 dunc999 wrote:

I agree it is badly organised, but there were 2400 at Bedford on Saturday
Cov's was low, but with W@sps and Sky Blues both playing in meaningful league games, that possibly had some effect.
Could be that some were also put off by roadworks around the city, and particularly right outside the ground. In my case, my usual 30 minute trip turned into 60!
Our City,
Our Club
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 10:20
Coventry's 'low' figure of 1987 was higher than the average Championship crowd of any team except Bedford or Coventry.  Shame it didn't make the 2000 though.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 11:37
Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

Coventry's 'low' figure of 1987 was higher than the average Championship crowd of any team except Bedford or Coventry.  Shame it didn't make the 2000 though.
It was 'low' for the season Nick, as I think you know I meant.
It was also inflated. You yourself guessed at nearer a thousand on Saturday, and I countered with 1500.
Anyway, I think we both know it would've been considerably higher if it were a league game rather than a post-season friendly Wink
Our City,
Our Club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic